Jump to content
danlodish345

XFinity Mobile

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone i am starting an XFinity Mobile Thread...i have Xfinity Mobile and its a decent deal....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you activate it on any Verizon phone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friend of mine just started using it and so far so good.  He was a Verizon customer too but needed to save money.  I have been thinking of jumping ship after 12 plus years with sprint to save on cost.  Plus the obvious is Verizon is the best and everywhere.  

So I will love to hear from you guys on is it worth the switch,  should I stay with sprint and just give me your guy's opinions.  

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Thomas L. said:

Can you activate it on any Verizon phone?

No you cannot activate just any phone yet. You can only use one of the phones that you buy from their website. They do not allow bring your own devices yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jthawks said:

Friend of mine just started using it and so far so good.  He was a Verizon customer too but needed to save money.  I have been thinking of jumping ship after 12 plus years with sprint to save on cost.  Plus the obvious is Verizon is the best and everywhere.  

So I will love to hear from you guys on is it worth the switch,  should I stay with sprint and just give me your guy's opinions.  

Thanks

I jumped from T-Mobile to Xfinity mobile and I got a very good deal on the iPhone 7 Plus. But there is one downside after using 20 GB of data they will slow you down to 1.5 MB a second. But the coverage I get is absolutely fantastic.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

I jumped from T-Mobile to Xfinity mobile and I got a very good deal on the iPhone 7 Plus. But there is one downside after using 20 GB of data they will slow you down to 1.5 MB a second. But the coverage I get is absolutely fantastic.

The max I've used is about 15gigs. Just having to come up with 600 bucks to pay phone lease off an then give them the phone back doesn't sound appealing to me.  I'm glad your happy and like the coverage. Thanks for the info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jthawks said:

The max I've used is about 15gigs. Just having to come up with 600 bucks to pay phone lease off an then give them the phone back doesn't sound appealing to me.  I'm glad your happy and like the coverage. Thanks for the info

your welcome and i was able to port out my number from T-Mobile...even though i owed money on the phone i was able to instantly port my number to X Finity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, jthawks said:

The max I've used is about 15gigs. Just having to come up with 600 bucks to pay phone lease off an then give them the phone back doesn't sound appealing to me.  I'm glad your happy and like the coverage. Thanks for the info

Also one other bit I would definitely go with Xfinity mobile you’ll get much better coverage than you would with Sprint. But then yet again I don’t know your area so if Verizon’s network works better go with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For a single line their price is very competitive (assuming you already have them for home broadband service).  Are there any shared plans or discounts for multi lines?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, avb said:

For a single line their price is very competitive (assuming you already have them for home broadband service).  Are there any shared plans or discounts for multi lines?

i have their home internet service..and there are no discounts for multi line plans...i didnt even have to finance much of the iphone 7 Plus...now the only other down side to the service is after 20 gigs of data they throttle you to 1.5 megs a second...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there stores you can sign up in? My dad and sister still live in a Comcast area and have their internet and cable tv already and I was going to mention this to them. They are currently on my Framily plan but Sprint service isn't great in their town and this seems pretty cheap. My dad never uses any data, so his line would basically be free or am I missing something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, travismheim said:

Are there stores you can sign up in? My dad and sister still live in a Comcast area and have their internet and cable tv already and I was going to mention this to them. They are currently on my Framily plan but Sprint service isn't great in their town and this seems pretty cheap. My dad never uses any data, so his line would basically be free or am I missing something?

 You have to sign up over the phone or on their website. And you can only use a phone you buy from their website.  There is no bring your own device policy yet. So you would have to buy a phone from them either out right or finance it. And you can only get insurance when you purchased the phone you cannot add it later.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

 You have to sign up over the phone or on their website. And you can only use a phone you buy from their website.  There is no bring your own device policy yet. So you would have to buy a phone from them either out right or finance it. And you can only get insurance when you purchased the phone you cannot add it later.

Do you know if you can have Apple Care on the iPhone's or do you have to have their own insurance? My sister currently has a iPhone 7 on lease and my dad has a LG G6 on installment billing so I would need to figure that part out but she only uses Apple Care. How was the porting process? They live in CA and I live in NY so doing anything with changing our family plan always seems way harder than it should be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, travismheim said:

Do you know if you can have Apple Care on the iPhone's or do you have to have their own insurance? My sister currently has a iPhone 7 on lease and my dad has a LG G6 on installment billing so I would need to figure that part out but she only uses Apple Care. How was the porting process? They live in CA and I live in NY so doing anything with changing our family plan always seems way harder than it should be.

for apple care i m not to sure about...but they do provide their own insurance for 12 dollars a month per phone. there are no multi line discounts. there is no bring your own device policy.you can only use a phone with their service that you buy off their website..they have unlimited data..but after passing the 20 gig threshold you are throttled back to only 1.5 MBPS.  i was able to easily port my number from tmobile even though i owed them money...so it should be fairly easy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No wifi calling is a deal breaker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, twitch said:

No wifi calling is a deal breaker. 

 They said they said it will  be enabled by the end of the year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does using data while on xfinity wifi hotspots count against data?  Because that's free data usage if you're on another carrier but have xfinity for home broadband.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, avb said:

Does using data while on xfinity wifi hotspots count against data?  Because that's free data usage if you're on another carrier but have xfinity for home broadband.

no it doesnt count against data at all. and when your off the Xfinity wifi hotspot if you have the unlimited data plan which i recommend the data speeds are great. but the only draw backs are that wifi calling isnt turned on yet. and after you pass the 20 gigabyte threshold they will throttle you to 1.5 MPBS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

no it doesnt count against data at all. and when your off the Xfinity wifi hotspot if you have the unlimited data plan which i recommend the data speeds are great. but the only draw backs are that wifi calling isnt turned on yet. and after you pass the 20 gigabyte threshold they will throttle you to 1.5 MPBS. 

Nice. I might have to look into Xfinity once they allow byod. At my office there is an Xfinity Hotspot available so I'm good there. Their throttled speeds are fine because 1.5Mb/s is basically they same throttle for streaming video that all the carriers use for for non-hd video streaming. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, avb said:

Nice. I might have to look into Xfinity once they allow byod. At my office there is an Xfinity Hotspot available so I'm good there. Their throttled speeds are fine because 1.5Mb/s is basically they same throttle for streaming video that all the carriers use for for non-hd video streaming. 

 The service was just launched back in April. So I don’t know when  they will allow BYOD . Is having Wi-Fi calling a big deal to you? And I have tested the hotspot and it works fine on my iPhone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

 The service was just launched back in April. So I don’t know when  they will allow BYOD . Is having Wi-Fi calling a big deal to you? And I have tested the hotspot and it works fine on my iPhone.

WiFi calling isn't a big deal to me. I do want a better phone selection than what' currently offered. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, avb said:

WiFi calling isn't a big deal to me. I do want a better phone selection than what' currently offered. 

 I totally agree with you on that. I save about $40 compared to T-Mobile and the coverage I get  actually much better. If you read the entire post it runs off of Verizon wireless 2G 3G and 4G LTE. I would highly recommend them once their selection gets better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

 The service was just launched back in April. So I don’t know when  they will allow BYOD . Is having Wi-Fi calling a big deal to you? And I have tested the hotspot and it works fine on my iPhone.

I read that BYOD would start end of 2017 as well as Wi-Fi calling. I'm thinking I'm going to switch (to avoid being forced onto T-mobile) and try to bring my Sprint phone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jones said:

I read that BYOD would start end of 2017 as well as Wi-Fi calling. I'm thinking I'm going to switch (to avoid being forced onto T-mobile) and try to bring my Sprint phone.

Is it an iPhone that you’re trying to bring? Usually iPhones or more easily allowed on the MNVO carriers like this.  It does run off of Verizon wireless so we will have to see what happens. And if they can able both of those I would be ecstatic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

 I totally agree with you on that. I save about $40 compared to T-Mobile and the coverage I get  actually much better. If you read the entire post it runs off of Verizon wireless 2G 3G and 4G LTE. I would highly recommend them once their selection gets better.

I agree - for a single line it' a great deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • TAPATALK VERSION
    BACK ONLINE

  • PROGRESSIVE RAFFLE
    FOR AN iPHONE 8

    iphonexiphone8.jpg

    WHICH CAN PROGRESS TO AN iPHONE 8+ OR AN iPHONE X
    **or an Android device of equal or lesser value**

    CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS

  • gallery_1_23_9202.png

  • Posts

    • So I finally picked up my V30+ on Wednesday night. Spent the next day and a half getting it set up to my liking. Radio-wise, this phone seems to be about on par with my G4 - possibly a few dB weaker. I don't have B41 at my house, so I haven't been able to do much on that front. I do have B41 at work, but when I'm there I have to do, you know, work stuff. But from at I can see there and at customer sites B41 seems strong, stable and fast. Overall this is great phone, and I'm really pleased with it so far. Despite the bigger screen, it's barely any larger overall than my G4. I've seen some comments that the phone has a plastic-y feel to it, but I haven't found that to be the case at all. Speaking of cases, I did slap a Spigen Neo Hybrid on it right away; it barely increases the size of the phone at all, while making for a secure grip with my sometimes sweaty hands. Functionally, it's quick and smooth as butter, as you'd expect with a brand-new phone. Battery life has been awesome. Yesterday I was working in a facility where signal was terrible, but I still had 70% battery when I left; my G4 would have been down to 30% or less. My experience has always been that battery life is not so great for the first week or so, either due to battery physics or because the phone is doing a lot of background work for updates, etc. (I've heard both theories - don't know if either is correct). So I won't be surprised if battery life gets even better in the next week or so. This is a lot of money for a phone, but I bought it with an eye to being future-proof for at least a few years. By then - who knows - we might be looking at 5G devices!
    • Could be a combination of the two. HPUE has improved coverage substantially from devices I’ve seen with it. Only way to know which is the bigger contributor overall would be to get your old iPhone and test it under the current network. iPhone 6s supports 2xCA. It’s also a generation (or more in my opinion) behind in terms of RF components and features as it lacks HPUE. The S8 supports 3xCA and HPUE. When the iPhone finally gets HPUE a year from now, Sprint’s network will be in even better shape... or heaven forbid it will be running on T-Mobile, which doesn’t do HPUE as far as I know. :-(
    • According to Günther’s Post, more enhancements could come as soon as November. Wonder what they have in store for us. Exciting times ahead for Sprint’s Coverage Map! I’m glad this important section of the Sprint website is finally getting some major attention.
    • my s8 sucks don't hold band 41, note 5 crush this s8 reception on band 41.
  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×