iPhone 8, 8+, X announced

nobius

1 minute ago, danlodish345 said:

What does the update do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201270

Many iOS Devices are having WiFi Calling issues since updating to iOS 11.2 and Carrier 31.0

This Update is Carrier 31.1, so it’s likely a fix for this issue.

13 hours ago, RedSpark said:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201270

Many iOS Devices are having WiFi Calling issues since updating to iOS 11.2 and Carrier 31.0

This Update is Carrier 31.1, so it’s likely a fix for this issue.

i got the update yesterday

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Johnner1999 said:

I’ve had faceID for over a month - odd.

Face ID has always worked for Apps still only set up for Touch ID. This update cosmetically “added” Face ID to the app’s log-in process. Not much changing in the consumers view. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, grapkoski said:

Hi all! I'm torn. Should I upgrade to an X or wait for the next model? I need a break from Android, but my inner-nerd is worried at how inferior the radios are to my HTC U11.

The iPhone X doesn’t support HPUE and is not considered a Gigabit LTE Device, unlike your HTC U11.

The next iPhone probably will have support for HPUE.

I personally love every aspect of the X. Face ID. The Notch. The stainless steel band. The new swipe gestures. The amazing camera.

It is blazing fast coming from a 6s. The battery performance also has a nice performance bump. (I wouldn’t expect less of 2 batteries!)

I’ve been on iPhone since the 4s and I’ve had virtually every model since, bar the 7.

This is my favourite iPhone to date and the best phone I’ve ever owned. (I’ve also owned Samsung Galaxy phones and HTC’s)

I’m not as critical of carrier performance as the folks on S4GRU are. I’ve got zero complaints.

If I had to be super critical...it’s quite heavy. The 6s is light as a feather next to it. Funny how a just a few grams makes such a difference. With all that’s crammed into it, plus the material composition, it’s to be expected.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, grapkoski said:

So I guess the question now is... how long do we expect it will take for another model to be announced? Aren't the 's' usually less than a year from initial release?

If Apple follows its usual pattern for upgrades, expect the new iPhones to arrive this September along with iOS 12 which will be previewed at the WWDC this summer.

Of course, it’s also possible that the iPhone X 2.0 model will be delayed until November in keeping with the last launch.

We may also see a new version of the iPhone SE this year as well. It’s the only iPhone currently sold which doesn’t have support for Carrier Aggregation.

Thanks for all the help. Does my HTC U11 sim work in the X or do I need to stop by a corporate store to get one?

I think I am going to bite the bullet for now. I'm giving into loads of why are you 'green' comments.

Love my X — but either selling it or leaving sprint. The radios in a it are inferior especially if you frequent fringe areas. Mine can’t lock onto LTE. Where as an s8 does.

I highly doubt Apple will incorporate hpue. Especially if it’s Qualcomm related but not sure if it is. Sorry.

On 2/8/2018 at 9:21 AM, grapkoski said:

Hi all! I'm torn. Should I upgrade to an X or wait for the next model? I need a break from Android, but my inner-nerd is worried at how inferior the radios are to my HTC U11.

I purchased the X and so far am pretty happy with it.  There are a couple of things that could be improved ( but so far so good. 

The biggest reason I purchased the X is that my wife currently uses a 6 and I have a feeling that at some point, hopefully towards the end of 2018, the 6 will have an issue that will require a replacement.  I can offer the X to my wife and purchase an X 2.0 version, hopefully with a larger screen.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

So, after 2 months, I’ve picked up a problem and I’m not sure how to solve it.

I know there are a lot of knowledge folks on here, especially with regards to radios, cellular stations, cell phones and the relationship between them.

To be clear, I’m not sure if the problem is hardware, an iOS bug (I’m on 11.2.6) or my carrier.

The nature of the problem is this: I’m on the baby carrier in South Africa and they have a roaming agreement with the second largest carrier. About 2 weeks ago, my phone stopped roaming back to the “home” network and I have to flip the Airplane Mode switch to force it to go back to the home network.

I’ve never had this problem before with my carrier nor previous iPhones. The only thing that has changed is the X - although this wasn’t an issue during the first month (unless I failed to notice the pattern because I didn’t run out of data whilst roaming).

I’ve reset my network settings followed by all settings when that didn’t work. The only thing I haven’t done is wipe my phone and set it up as a new phone...doubtful if that will work but I’ll do it to rule out all possibilities.

What do you guys think?

9 hours ago, Azimuth said:

So, after 2 months, I’ve picked up a problem and I’m not sure how to solve it.

I know there are a lot of knowledge folks on here, especially with regards to radios, cellular stations, cell phones and the relationship between them.

To be clear, I’m not sure if the problem is hardware, an iOS bug (I’m on 11.2.6) or my carrier.

The nature of the problem is this: I’m on the baby carrier in South Africa and they have a roaming agreement with the second largest carrier. About 2 weeks ago, my phone stopped roaming back to the “home” network and I have to flip the Airplane Mode switch to force it to go back to the home network.

I’ve never had this problem before with my carrier nor previous iPhones. The only thing that has changed is the X - although this wasn’t an issue during the first month (unless I failed to notice the pattern because I didn’t run out of data whilst roaming).

I’ve reset my network settings followed by all settings when that didn’t work. The only thing I haven’t done is wipe my phone and set it up as a new phone...doubtful if that will work but I’ll do it to rule out all possibilities.

What do you guys think?

I hate to say that I am not sure.  It could be an iOS issue.  Have you updated your carrier settings since the iOS update?  Most times in the States when you update iOS, the carrier update is completed at the same time.  Maybe an additional update was issued since the last iOS update.

Come to think of it, I haven’t seen a carrier update in a very long time. I think since the iPhone 4s days.

Back then, one would go into the Settings > About menu to trigger a carrier update.

Is there another way to force this that I’m not aware of? Get a new SIM card perhaps?