nobius

iPhone 8, 8+, X announced

3 hours ago, Johnner1999 said:

Has anyone with an iPhone 8 - noticed improvement with RF?  Seeing that its now glass backed vs metal?  

Maybe minimally in fringe areas although not much...

My wife's wifi performance with her Iphone 8 is noticeably worse than my Nexus 6P but her LTE performance noticeably better.

Half the speeds on 2.4 and 5 ghz. However, her actual throughput on LTE is nearly double what I am able to get. On a tower I was pulling down 32ish she was easily getting nearly 60 down.

It is kind of interesting and not really an issue (Not like either phone can hit max wifi speeds on my Google Fiber connection anyways).

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, cletus said:

My wife's wifi performance with her Iphone 8 is noticeably worse than my Nexus 6P but her LTE performance noticeably better.

Half the speeds on 2.4 and 5 ghz. However, her actual throughput on LTE is nearly double what I am able to get. On a tower I was pulling down 32ish she was easily getting nearly 60 down.

It is kind of interesting and not really an issue (Not like either phone can hit max wifi speeds on my Google Fiber connection anyways).

Of course it's going to be better.  

Nexus 6P B41 2CA vs. iPhone 8 B41 3CA & B25 2CA.

It's not a fair comparison.

Edited by greenbastard

On 10/6/2017 at 12:00 PM, greenbastard said:

Of course it's going to be better.  

Nexus 6P B41 2CA vs. iPhone 8 B41 3CA & B25 2CA.

It's not a fair comparison.

Oh I am aware of the CA differences. I just wasn't expecting a 2x difference on throughput. The slow wifi is puzzling but eh, good enough for my wife.

Any news on the following for each of the phones?
-HPUE
-CA
-RAM
Are they using Qualcomm chips or did they manage to switch everything over to intel?

What is RAM? I feel like I’m missing something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, fuunkychicken said:

What is RAM? I feel like I’m missing something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure he meant QAM. Probably a typo. 

• Like 1

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/10/11/jony-ive-iphone-x-10th-anniversary-coincidence/

“Ive told the magazine that the iPhone X project had an incubation period of more than two years, and with features like Face ID and the TrueDepth camera, is one of the most difficult projects Apple has undertaken.”

This is a pretty long design cycle. The next iPhone X (X2?) (and perhaps the 8’s successor) will hopefully have HPUE.