iPhone 8, 8+, X announced

nobius

7 hours ago, shaferz said:

Same with AirPods... I got my wife a set after I realized how much I loved mine... and she now uses hers more than I use mine.  Lol

the airpods are nice but due to a condition with my ears i cant use inner ear headphones 

• 2 weeks later...

We should probably make an iOS 12 thread, but since this is related to iPhone X, I’m happy to report that, at least in beta 1, Field Test appears to finally be updated for the iPhone X.

http://imgur.com/JMvEmDH
http://imgur.com/5AWjiJQ

-Anthony

Edit: it’s definitely still broken though lol

http://imgur.com/PxlHpkQ

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone that has updated to iOS 11.4 noticed a decrease in LTE connectivity? My phone has starting to connect to 3G more. It’s taking long to connect to LTE in places where I would never lose LTE.

1 hour ago, tybo31316 said:

Has anyone that has updated to iOS 11.4 noticed a decrease in LTE connectivity? My phone has starting to connect to 3G more. It’s taking long to connect to LTE in places where I would never lose LTE.

I have not noticed a decrease as a result of the iOS upgrade...what you may be seeing is coverage loss with the new 16-port antennas. They have worse RF performance than Sprint’s previous antennas. 

2 hours ago, tybo31316 said:

Yes.  I'm not sure why, but my phone seems to more aggressively hand off to 3G now than before.  There are no 16port antennas in my area.  If they are going to be firing up VoLTE soon, they better figure something out quick or 'call metrics' are going to tank QUICKLY due to dropped calls when LTE drops.

• Like 1

Yes.  I'm not sure why, but my phone seems to more aggressively hand off to 3G now than before.  There are no 16port antennas in my area.  If they are going to be firing up VoLTE soon, they better figure something out quick or 'call metrics' are going to tank QUICKLY due to dropped calls when LTE drops.

I know iPhones have an extremely slow or long time between pulling for a better connection...

And I’ve been seeing more 3g as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, Johnner1999 said:

I know iPhones have an extremely slow or long time between pulling for a better connection...

And I’ve been seeing more 3g as well.

The amount of time it takes a modern phone to reconnect to LTE after dropping you CDMA is not related to the phone. Sprint has implemented ORNL network-wide and that should be taking care of CDMA-to-LTE handoffs. 

17 hours ago, tybo31316 said:

I've noticed that plus my Franklin R910 has had a worse time reconnecting to LTE in the last 2 weeks as well. It's been crazy. Drives me nuts.

7 hours ago, RAvirani said:

The amount of time it takes a modern phone to reconnect to LTE after dropping you CDMA is not related to the phone. Sprint has implemented ORNL network-wide and that should be taking care of CDMA-to-LTE handoffs. 

What is ORNL?

7 hours ago, MacinJosh said:

What is ORNL?

It stands for OtherRATNeighborList. ORNL in combination with RRC release messages (that contain redirection information) are the closest Sprint can realistically come to gaining the functionality of SIB13. 

Idk from my usage

Going from no or poor service to LTE

iPhone X — 45-90 seconds or longer
Galaxy S8 — 5-10 seconds

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Johnner1999 said:

Idk from my usage

Going from no or poor service to LTE

iPhone X — 45-90 seconds or longer
Galaxy S8 — 5-10 seconds

isnt it true that iphones have worse recption compaired to androids?

So the reception got worse?

I wouldn’t say worst it like they messed around with the rescan timer. Which it’s making the device to sit on 3G longer before reconnecting to LTE.

I wouldn’t say worst it like they messed around with the rescan timer. Which it’s making the device to sit on 3G longer before reconnecting to LTE.

Why tried to fix something that isn’t broken?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tybo31316 said:

The rescan timer shouldn’t matter because it’s usually between two and a half to three and a half minutes  on iPhones (it varies with each update). ORNL should take care of the handoff much sooner than that...

Maybe the ORNL was disabled or its transmit cycle was changed in your market or vendor region for some reason? In Seattle I’m still seeing my iPhone hop back onto LTE within 15-30 seconds or dropping to CDMA...

The rescan timer shouldn’t matter because it’s usually between two and a half to three and a half minutes  on iPhones (it varies with each update). ORNL should take care of the handoff much sooner than that...
Maybe the ORNL was disabled or its transmit cycle was changed in your market or vendor region for some reason? In Seattle I’m still seeing my iPhone hop back onto LTE within 15-30 seconds or dropping to CDMA...

Why is the scan times so long compared to an android phone?

• Like 1

Why is the scan times so long compared to an android phone?

I assume for battery longevity.

Not anti sprint. But att and vzw I assume stay on LTE longer.

• Like 1

That’s obvious :) and also I have an iPhone X on Xfinity mobile and I do notice that LTE connectivity is a little bit on the weaker side compared to my galaxy S9 plus

I m downloading iOS 12 I wanna check out the field test mode

On 5/24/2018 at 3:05 AM, shaferz said:

Same with AirPods... I got my wife a set after I realized how much I loved mine... and she now uses hers more than I use mine.  Lol

How long can you use them continuously before they need recharged?

Do they block out the sound from people speaking around you?

On 6/20/2018 at 3:24 AM, Bob Newhart said:

How long can you use them continuously before they need recharged?

Do they block out the sound from people speaking around you?

You get about four hours of listening time before the ear phones need to be recharged. Then, the battery case they come with can provide them with up to 24 hours of additional listening time. 15 minutes of the ear phones in the charging case gets about two hours of listening time.

I use my AirPods daily and typically only have to charge the case once every week or so.

-Anthony

Not much time yet on carrier 32.5.38 (public iOS 12)

But LTE performance appears stronger.

Hopefully the LTE connectivity is a lot better than the 11.4 update.
  • Like 1