SITE UPGRADE WARNING

S4GRU

I don't want to jinx it, but so far I have made it all day without a CloudFront block. Maybe, just maybe, disabling the Show Avatar workaround might just do the trick.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 3

9 hours ago, S4GRU said:

I don't want to jinx it, but so far I have made it all day without a CloudFront block. Maybe, just maybe, disabling the Show Avatar workaround might just do the trick.

I tried this on mine and haven't gotten the error yet either. Fingers Crossed! :)

9 hours ago, S4GRU said:

I tried this, and was hopeful since I was able to browse for a solid half hour last night with no issues.. buuuuut when I woke up this morning, I was blocked again. ?

-Mike

I tried this, and was hopeful since I was able to browse for a solid half hour last night with no issues.. buuuuut when I woke up this morning, I was blocked again. [emoji20]
-Mike
Do you have Tapatalk installed on any other devices? I uninstalled off of all of mine first and then tried on one. I still haven't had the block, yet. But I have gone several days before. And it's only been 24 hours for me.

7 hours ago, S4GRU said:

Do you have Tapatalk installed on any other devices? I uninstalled off of all of mine first and then tried on one. I still haven't had the block, yet. But I have gone several days before. And it's only been 24 hours for me.

I have continued to use Tapatalk at home and at work, and after the one time CloudFront block, I haven't had any other issues. I'm not sure what the avatar preview is, I'll have to look in my settings. 

I just got blocked even with the avatar setting off

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Which version of Tapatalk?

I still haven't ever been blocked. I use Tapatalk from several IP addresses using WiFi and LTE.

Are any of you guys that are getting blocked using ad blockers of any kind?

I still haven't ever been blocked. I use Tapatalk from several IP addresses using WiFi and LTE.

Are any of you guys that are getting blocked using ad blockers of any kind?
Nope, stock Android with no blocking apps....I get blocked WiFi and then it works and them get blocked via lte. Vicious circle....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, imex99 said:

Nope, stock Android with no blocking apps....I get blocked WiFi and then it works and them get blocked via lte. Vicious circle....

Your screen shot shows you're using 7.1.1 of TapaTalk. Is that right? I have been running 7.1.6 on my Galaxy S7 as well as my Pixel 2.

Your screen shot shows you're using 7.1.1 of TapaTalk. Is that right? I have been running 7.1.6 on my Galaxy S7 as well as my Pixel 2.
Multiple versions in the playstore....Which version of Tapatalk are you using?

I'm using the pro version.

7 minutes ago, imex99 said:

Multiple versions in the playstore....Which version of Tapatalk are you using?

I'm using the pro version.

I'm using the free version. I had purchased the Pro version a long time ago. For some reason or other I decided to grab the free version. I think there was a feature at some point that the free version was getting before the Pro version and so switched. They say you can ask for 'VIP status' in the free version if you purchased the Pro in past. I haven't done that yet.

2 hours ago, DurhamHusker said:

I'm using the free version. I had purchased the Pro version a long time ago. For some reason or other I decided to grab the free version. I think there was a feature at some point that the free version was getting before the Pro version and so switched. They say you can ask for 'VIP status' in the free version if you purchased the Pro in past. I haven't done that yet.

Mine automatically updated to VIP, never had to ask. I did have the Pro version when that was a thing.

That's so strange. I've never had an issue using Tapatalk on here. I'm using both the free and Pro versions on different devices (I tend to hold back on updates to Pro, as they like to mess it up from time to time..)

Sent from my BBB100-3 using Tapatalk

On 11/14/2017 at 9:34 AM, S4GRU said:

No, only on my Pixel.. it's rooted but otherwise nothing crazy installed on it. I got another Tapatalk update to 7.1.8 this morning but I haven't tried using S4GRU with it yet because my home IP is still blocked and I want to wait until that clears just in case I get blocked again I will know it's something new.

I replied to the support email I had going but now they're not replying to me.

I had the Pro version before they changed everything to VIP, didn't realize you could ask to get it back.. I'll have to do that.

-Mike

I got my first cloudfront block last night.

I had used the newer, free version for a long time with no problems. Last night I decided to do two things. First, I installed the old Pro version of Tapatalk. Second, I asked Tapatalk for VIP status since I had previously purchased Pro, and they gave it to me. At some point in all that playing around I got blocked. First time ever.

I have uninstalled the older Pro version and am now using the new version again (but now with VIP status). We'll see how this goes.

Do you have notifications enabled for Tapatalk? I've always kept mine disabled. Partly because I don't want them, but partly because I didn't trust Tapatalk to be kind to the servers.

I've always kept mine disabled.

1 hour ago, Grabber5.0 said:

Do you have notifications enabled for Tapatalk? I've always kept mine disabled. Partly because I don't want them, but partly because I didn't trust Tapatalk to be kind to the servers.

8 minutes ago, S4GRU said:

I've always kept mine disabled.

I have always left notifications on. There was a 6 month stretch or so where they didn't work though. Still doing well here, no more blocks. Probably jinx it now.

• Like 1

I have always left notifications on. There was a 6 month stretch or so where they didn't work though. Still doing well here, no more blocks. Probably jinx it now.
I haven't been blocked all week so far. I don't use Tapatalk on my home wifi though. Don't want to get blocked where I work on S4GRU the most. I only have been using it on work WiFi, public WiFi and LTE.