SITE UPGRADE WARNING

S4GRU

I’m using Tapatalk Pro, latest update, and had no problems on iPhone 7 Plus on AT&T or WiFi. Also, Tapatalk Pro on Sprint iPad Air no problems.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk Pro

I'm using free Tapatalk (latest from Play Store) on Android 8.0 and another device on Android 7.0 and have never seen this issue. I also access from Chrome on Windows 7 from a different IP periodically (work PC), but mostly Tapatalk from at least 3 different IPs on two devices.

54 minutes ago, DurhamHusker said:

I'm using free Tapatalk (latest from Play Store) on Android 8.0 and another device on Android 7.0 and have never seen this issue. I also access from Chrome on Windows 7 from a different IP periodically (work PC), but mostly Tapatalk from at least 3 different IPs on two devices.

i m having a problem altogether even if i m using a different ip address i still cant access it. and i dont use tapatalk half the time.....

2 hours ago, bakedc4 said:

Android is 7.1.6(969) iPhone is 7.0.2

I did take advantage of the 99¢ sale years ago and got the pro version so it is ad free on all my deceives.

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

I have the "pro" or ad-free version as well, but still got blocked earlier this week. 

17 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

i m having a problem altogether even if i m using a different ip address i still cant access it. and i dont use tapatalk half the time.....

How are you verifying you are using a different IP address? Also, just having Tapatalk on your device can cause the issue (signed into S4GRU), you don't actually have to browse the forum continuously on Tapatalk to cause it.

12 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

How are you verifying you are using a different IP address? Also, just having Tapatalk on your device can cause the issue (signed into S4GRU), you don't actually have to browse the forum continuously on Tapatalk to cause it.

Because I used my computer. And then I used my phone not hooked up to WiFi.

I was using version 7.1.6 (build 969) on my Pixel; I logged out of my S4GRU account in Tapatalk so hopefully all of my IP blocks will eventually release. Tonight is the first time I've been able to access S4GRU from my home ISP IP in a couple of days.

-Mike

• Like 1

On 11/5/2017 at 1:48 AM, mikejeep said:

I was using version 7.1.6 (build 969) on my Pixel; I logged out of my S4GRU account in Tapatalk so hopefully all of my IP blocks will eventually release. Tonight is the first time I've been able to access S4GRU from my home ISP IP in a couple of days.

-Mike

I'm just using my browser until I'm sure Tapatalk has fixed their issues. 

GOOD NEWS!  Or at least, I think it is.  I will remain *somewhat* skeptical until I see it fixes the problem.  I received a response from Tapatalk from my latest support ticket.  They say they found the problem of the error.  It's coded in their app.  It wasn't a problem in the past, but the newest version of IP Board has brought to light the loop in their coding that they didn't realize they created.

They say they are working to release a new version of the app that will fix the problem.  They provided no timeline, but said they would keep me updated about its release.

So, in the interim, you can either delete the Tapatalk app until they release a new version.  Or you can live with the CloudFront 48 hour blocks.  Personally, I uninstalled Tapatalk until its fixed.

Thanks for your patience.

Robert :welc2:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

GOOD NEWS!  Or at least, I think it is.  I will remain *somewhat* skeptical until I see it fixes the problem.  I received a response from Tapatalk from my latest support ticket.  They say they found the problem of the error.  It's coded in their app.  It wasn't a problem in the past, but the newest version of IP Board has brought to light the loop in their coding that they didn't realize they created.
They say they are working to release a new version of the app that will fix the problem.  They provided no timeline, but said they would keep me updated about its release.
So, in the interim, you can either delete the Tapatalk app until they release a new version.  Or you can live with the CloudFront 48 hour blocks.  Personally, I uninstalled Tapatalk until its fixed.
Thanks for your patience.
Robert default_welc2.gif
Thanks for your work on this.

Any chance of a remedy for the other issue involving access to the S4GRU Club section?

15 minutes ago, davidtm said:

Thanks for your work on this.

Any chance of a remedy for the other issue involving access to the S4GRU Club section?

They have not acknowledged that there is a problem.  Despite me providing evidence.  They say it is because of IP Board.  Which IP Board disputes.  With the old app, it went away one day with one of the updates.  Only to come back again.  Hopefully it will get resolved in the next Tapatalk app release.  But I wouldn't hold your breath.

Robert

• Like 2

They have not acknowledged that there is a problem.  Despite me providing evidence.  They say it is because of IP Board.  Which IP Board disputes.  With the old app, it went away one day with one of the updates.  Only to come back again.  Hopefully it will get resolved in the next Tapatalk app release.  But I wouldn't hold your breath.

Robert

S4gru with my wifi

Another Tapatalk forum with my wifi works....has to be ipboard or something else...cf239ee797cedbb40fc480e34dde659a.jpg3e103192509055ab9adb5a48aa4af56c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, imex99 said:

S4gru with my wifi

Another Tapatalk forum with my wifi works....has to be ipboard or something else...cf239ee797cedbb40fc480e34dde659a.jpg3e103192509055ab9adb5a48aa4af56c.jpg

No, it's the app.  Just because it may not effect other platforms, doesn't mean the problem is IP Board.  Other sites might not cache on CloudFront/AWS.  So they don't get blocked for endless bootloops caused by Tapatalk coding errors.  Also, Tapatalk writes different codes for different hosting platforms.  Tapatalk even admitted yesterday they had a coding problem that they haven't addressed for years and just kept building on top of the problem update after update.  

Originally Tapatalk denied and denied the problem for weeks.  Thankfully IP Board and AWS kept digging more and more and providing more information to prove to Tapatalk they were the culprit.  If they had just said, whatever, there'd be no resolution.  I'm grateful that IP Board has such great support.  Because Tapatalk was not even being close to helpful to solve the problem.  They flat out ignored my first two support tickets.  It wasn't until some of you started marking their app rating down did I finally start getting somewhere with them.

• Like 3

No, it's the app.  Just because it may not effect other platforms, doesn't mean the problem is IP Board.  Other sites might not cache on CloudFront/AWS.  So they don't get blocked for endless bootloops caused by Tapatalk coding errors.  Also, Tapatalk writes different codes for different hosting platforms.  Tapatalk even admitted yesterday they had a coding problem that they haven't addressed for years and just kept building on top of the problem update after update.  
Originally Tapatalk denied and denied the problem for weeks.  Thankfully IP Board and AWS kept digging more and more and providing more information to prove to Tapatalk they were the culprit.  If they had just said, whatever, there'd be no resolution.  I'm grateful that IP Board has such great support.  Because Tapatalk was not even being close to helpful to solve the problem.  They flat out ignored my first two support tickets.  It wasn't until some of you started marking their app rating down did I finally start getting somewhere with them.
Ok, my app rating going down!

I've been going back and forth with Tapatalk support, first they said an app update went out last week to resolve this, but I pointed out there have been no recent app updates. I just received a reply stating that the issue was actually resolved with a recent forum plugin update and they asked me to give @S4GRU a heads up. So Robert, see if there's something to update on your end I guess..

-Mike

22 minutes ago, mikejeep said:

I've been going back and forth with Tapatalk support, first they said an app update went out last week to resolve this, but I pointed out there have been no recent app updates. I just received a reply stating that the issue was actually resolved with a recent forum plugin update and they asked me to give @S4GRU a heads up. So Robert, see if there's something to update on your end I guess..

-Mike

Thanks for the heads up.  I've updated the plugin to version 1.4.6 just now.  Let's see what happens!  :fingers:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mikejeep said:

An update for the Tapatalk Android app just dropped too. Perhaps these two updates will do the trick..

-Mike

I'm not seeing it, yet.  Says 10/19 update for me.  I'll keep looking for it.

Robert

Weird. I luckily haven't had any problems since Tapatalk integration was added back. I wonder if it's something in our configuration or user accounts that's triggering it?

I think disabling the "Show User Avatar" setting might be a workaround. IP Board reported that the loop occurs in the Avatar code. It may exist elsewhere too, but it's worth a try. I disabled it early this morning and so far no problems.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk