S4GRU

SITE UPGRADE WARNING

Ok, yup, now it's annoying. Still blocked from my home IP, but can get in with WiFi disabled. Now that I've seen it a couple of times, I do think I've experienced it in the past, but wrote it off as a Tapatalk problem. This time (well, last night when I posted) I checked from my PC and got the blocked message in the browser.

Sent from my BBB100-3 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Grabber5.0 said:

Ok, yup, now it's annoying. Still blocked from my home IP, but can get in with WiFi disabled. Now that I've seen it a couple of times, I do think I've experienced it in the past, but wrote it off as a Tapatalk problem. This time (well, last night when I posted) I checked from my PC and got the blocked message in the browser.

You cannot get blocked via PC.  Only Tapatalk.  Once you get a block, it stays in effect for 48 hours for that IP address.  Access the site with that IP address in any software or device will result in barred entry.  Change to another IP address away from Tapatalk, and you should be good.  After 48 hours since the last blocking infraction, all should be right with the world.  And if you avoid Tapatalk, it won't happen again.

Tapatalk seems to have fixed the major error that was resulting in blocks. Now there are some minor coding errors that infrequently cause blocks. These are going to be much harder to shake out. What were you doing right before the block occurred?

You cannot get blocked via PC.  Only Tapatalk.  Once you get a block, it stays in effect for 48 hours for that IP address.  Access the site with that IP address in any software or device will result in barred entry.  Change to another IP address away from Tapatalk, and you should be good.  After 48 hours since the last blocking infraction, all should be right with the world.  And if you avoid Tapatalk, it won't happen again.
Tapatalk seems to have fixed the major error that was resulting in blocks. Now there are some minor coding errors that infrequently cause blocks. These are going to be much harder to shake out. What were you doing right before the block occurred?

Right, I was just confirming all traffic from my IP was blocked. I don't recall exactly what I was doing before it happened, just that I pulled up the site on Tapatalk and got the "Tapatalk sign-in service unavailable" (something like that) error, so I checked on my laptop and saw the "blocked" message. I had seen the sign-in message before, so I guess I have probably been blocked before without realizing it, but it had been a long time so I had forgotten about it. I am trying to remember what phone it was on.. I did swap back from the N5 to the KEYone yesterday, so probably different app version, and quite possibly several different IPs as I changed phones, and was on and off of WiFi, and I'm sure I got a new IP when I swapped phones. That's a lot of variables, so I doubt it helps narrow anything down.

• Thanks 1

I am trying to remember what phone it was on.. I did swap back from the N5 to the KEYone yesterday, so probably different app version, and quite possibly several different IPs as I changed phones, and was on and off of WiFi, and I'm sure I got a new IP when I swapped phones. That's a lot of variables, so I doubt it helps narrow anything down.

Sounds like it most likely happened because your other device had an older version of Tapatalk installed that didn't have the fixes for this issue.. I'd update all your devices to the latest version and after 48 hours see how it goes.

-Mike

Sounds like it most likely happened because your other device had an older version of Tapatalk installed that didn't have the fixes for this issue.. I'd update all your devices to the latest version and after 48 hours see how it goes.

-Mike

Quite possibly. I just checked, and it's my KEYone that has the older version of Tapatalk Pro on it (I had been holding out, because I don't like what they did to the saved forum list.. Sigh, a regular occurrence with their updates..) I'm pretty sure the N5 had the latest version on it - unfortunately I just installed Ubuntu Touch on it so I can't confirm that.

Still occasionally getting blocked despite using latest Tapatalk.  Inconvenient, irritating, but able to work around.

• Thanks 1

Still occasionally getting blocked despite using latest Tapatalk.  Inconvenient, irritating, but able to work around.
Pro version or free version?

Just got blocked for the first time. Using the most recent version of Tapatalk free (with VIP from the pay version).

My home IP has been blocked for about 32 hours now. I thought it expired after 24 hours?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, ingenium said:

Just got blocked for the first time. Using the most recent version of Tapatalk free (with VIP from the pay version).

My home IP has been blocked for about 32 hours now. I thought it expired after 24 hours?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I think it's 48 hours.