Sorry to resurrect an old thread. But have some news for the horse's (ass, as in donkey) mouth. Charlie Ergen, at the Connect(X) conference gave a few details about their upcoming network:
1. It will cost approximately $10B which is what a brand-new nationwide network costs, which leads one to believe they will not partner with anyone else
2. They have 654 days to deploy Block H spectrum
3. The network will follow the NB-IoT standard and then 5G-IoT standard when that becomes available
4. It will be heavily virtualized with network slicing
5. It will be designed not for smartphones (longer data sessions) but for the shorter data sessions of IoT
6. They don't have the money right now so they operate like a startup
For all the handwaving, don't be surprised if they don't sell network capacity to non-IoT (say MVNO's) at some point.