Essentially a sprint exclusive.

mc_gusto

1 hour ago, swintec said:

They arent very receptive to the...reception issues though so I am not sure what to make of that.

Essential's reception to the reception issues was not very receptive because their reception at the time was poor and they did not receive full receipt of the reception issues.

AJ

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, latoso said:

You are correct, sent a few emails and have not heard from essential.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

I posted the below on the essential subreddit.  Wonder if others on sprint have the same issue?

"It is well noted that the essential has reception / radio problems but today, when I roamed on to US Cellular, it completely abandoned 1x and connected to LTE only. Which is fine when connected to Sprint because the phone can pass text messages over LTE.

However, while roaming, the phone would not send or receive text messages and could not make or receive calls because it was latched to USCC LTE and needs a 1x connection to do this. My 5X (and I assume every other phone), when it connected to USCC LTE, would somehow get notification of a text or call and idle back over to 1x to take care of things and then dump the 1x connection until needed again (signal check shows all of this happening). Same deal when I would try to send a text as well. Seems the essential is dead in the water under these conditions and just can not bring it self to go to 1x when needed while roaming, at least on USCC. I do not have other roaming carriers up here to test with.

I am sure we do not need to go into the problems with being completely unable to make a phone call in the very large areas that Sprint uses USCC to roam on.

I can accept if it was just the area I was in. So in that case, any other Sprint users roamed on USCC LTE without any voice or text problems recently? I am on Oreo Beta for what its worth."

anyone have any luck getting the phone unlocked? I paid off the phone 3 days ago and at some points it said it was unlocked. it worked with a tmobile sim. the next day i tried again and it was locked to Sprint again. When I request a unlocked it tells me its locked to sprint. I contacted sprint for an unlock and they told me it needs to be active for 50 days. 

anyone have any luck getting the phone unlocked? I paid off the phone 3 days ago and at some points it said it was unlocked. it worked with a tmobile sim. the next day i tried again and it was locked to Sprint again. When I request a unlocked it tells me its locked to sprint. I contacted sprint for an unlock and they told me it needs to be active for 50 days. 
Did you at any point put the sprint sim back in after it was UICC unlocked?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, lilotimz said:

Did you at any point put the sprint sim back in after it was UICC unlocked?

Yeah I noticed it was unlocked after trying a few times after paying. Finally the menu option to unlock it worked. I put in the Tmobile Sim to get the phone to update. It instantly said an update was available. Ran the update and than once complete put the Sprint Sim back in. Now when I select unlock from the settings it tells me its unlocked again. Am I out of luck until 50 days pass now? Even after 50 days will the phone continue to lock itself to sprint after I use a Sprint SIM? Also I didnt know you can re lock a phone after its been unlocked.

Yeah I noticed it was unlocked after trying a few times after paying. Finally the menu option to unlock it worked. I put in the Tmobile Sim to get the phone to update. It instantly said an update was available. Ran the update and than once complete put the Sprint Sim back in. Now when I select unlock from the settings it tells me its unlocked again. Am I out of luck until 50 days pass now? Even after 50 days will the phone continue to lock itself to sprint after I use a Sprint SIM? Also I didnt know you can re lock a phone after its been unlocked.
If you at any point put a sprint sim into an essential phone it'll UICC locked it. You're SOL since you did that and have to wait til 50 days to request a DSU unlock.

Just now, imex99 said:

Yep, that's been happening....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I just saw a post on reddit about someone who bought 4 of them and it happened to one of them. 

well i got the device from sprint and it was locked, what's strange is that it got unlocked at some point when I paid it off. 
That's typical. Just don't reinsert a sprint sim or it'll lock it like it did to you.

21 hours ago, lilotimz said:

That's typical. Just don't reinsert a sprint sim or it'll lock it like it did to you.

once i get the phone unlocked after 50 days will it keep locking itself to sprint any time i put a sprint sim back in it?

At $5 dollars a month, I am considering swapping out my HTC 10 and the wifes A9. Is the radios issue widespread? has it been fixed?
No, and dont think it will get fixed soon, Sprint keeps denying there is an issue.
Im going to the store to return it

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Wow....that’s disturbing.

I see nothing disturbing in that article. Are you privy to details that make it disturbing? Violation of company policy on relationships, if it was not a harassment situation, is not really much different than violating any other company policy.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sprint has been able to reproduce an SMS/MMS issue with the device that people have been reporting having: 

Sounds similar to the issue I have when I use my Nexus 5 (both of them, same issue) on Sprint. I am not sure if making a call fixes the issue on the N5 or not, but toggling airplane mode does not. I have to update network settings or reboot.

21 minutes ago, Grabber5.0 said:

I see nothing disturbing in that article. Are you privy to details that make it disturbing? Violation of company policy on relationships, if it was not a harassment situation, is not really much different than violating any other company policy.

An “inappropriate relationship” is called that because it’s inappropriate.

So, yes, it’s disturbing.