Essentially a sprint exclusive.

mc_gusto

I ordered the phone on a Saturday, used one of my current lines which was upgrade eligible. Once I received the shipment notification I called into Sprint and asked if I could pay off the device. The rep was very helpful and processed my payment on the spot. Afterwards I saw that online my upgrade eligiblity was reset to Friday's standings :)

Cost: $35+tax for downpayment and overnight shipment, $157.08 to terminate lease which included the $30 to buy the phone.

Not bad at all for a good looking phone I can keep for OS testing and random usage. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Deval said:

I ordered the phone on a Saturday, used one of my current lines which was upgrade eligible. Once I received the shipment notification I called into Sprint and asked if I could pay off the device. The rep was very helpful and processed my payment on the spot. Afterwards I saw that online my upgrade eligiblity was reset to Friday's standings :)

Cost: $35+tax for downpayment and overnight shipment, $157.08 to terminate lease which included the $30 to buy the phone.

Not bad at all for a good looking phone I can keep for OS testing and random usage. 

I did it over chat  i paid the 35+ tax to get the phone and  the rep cancel my lease and said  balance was 90 for the remaining lease agreement and 30 for the buy out option 120+  total paid $126.86 

1 hour ago, Deval said:

Exactly^^^^^This is what I'm probably going to keep this phone.......also as a phone for my kids to watch netflix/youtube

I think for this price a lot of guys on this forum might just pick it up for the reasons you stated above

3 hours ago, Deval said:

Do you have any issues with clearwire towers??

Does the Essential come unlocked from Sprint like the Nexus 6 did?
Some do some don't. Mine didn't but I paid it off and it automatically UICC unlocked a day and a half later and works fine with my tmobile Sim now.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 2

7 hours ago, lilotimz said:

Some do some don't. Mine didn't but I paid it off and it automatically UICC unlocked a day and a half later and works fine with my tmobile Sim now.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

sweet i guess the 50 days doesn't apply. I have one coming in today. May or may not be replacing my V20. 

Just received my phone. Like the look and feel of it. Downloading update to 7.1.1 now. Need to contact Sprint and pay off the lease.
Has anyone found a good case and screen protector?
A few cases on Amazon now....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Is RF really bad on the essential? I've been contemplating buying this or the LG G6 (Both free for me stop the moment). I'm leaning on Essential due to it being unlocked and supporting more LTE bands. But if the radio performance is bad, then I may just wait until the Essential PH-2 is released (that is if the company doesn't go under). LG G6 is starting to seem more outdated as each day passes by and the bootlooping mess of their older phones turns me off.

1 hour ago, greenbastard said:

Is RF really bad on the essential?

Yes, it really is (maddening to say the least), at least with 1x and EVDO and i am not sure how they can fix it.  i believe its new hardware from qualcomm so no doubt it needs further tweaking but can it be done at this point with these out in the field?

given how quiet they are about it on reddit versus the other problems that they publicly discuss and later fix, maybe the writing is on the wall.

Yes, it really is (maddening to say the least), at least with 1x and EVDO and i am not sure how they can fix it.  i believe its new hardware from qualcomm so no doubt it needs further tweaking but can it be done at this point with these out in the field?
given how quiet they are about it on reddit versus the other problems that they publicly discuss and later fix, maybe the writing is on the wall.
We jump ship to early the 23th the essential will come with a free 360 camera c23b4bad37f02a4c0a647751e38597e0.jpg

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Got my phone last night and I love the build of it. Very solid heavy phone.

My previous phones have been LG G2, Nexus 6, LG G4, and LG V20.

Coming from LG phones I am very used to the power button being on the back and it being combined with the finger print reader on the later LG phones. From what I've seen LG is one of the only manufactures that does that. Im not sure why since its only natural to push the back maybe its just my habit. But it also allow you to only have the volume on the side of the phone so you don't hit the wrong buttons.  This brings me to one of my dislikes about the Essential. If you are going to put the volume and power buttons near each other they should put some sort of texture on the power button.  The nexus 6 had it like this. I can't tell you how many times already I've hit the wrong button on the side.

Also I have to say the RF performance on this phone is the worst I've seen. Im getting 3G in many area where there is only GMO B25 sites. Also inside performance is on the edge of B25 and it tends to switch to B26 more often. 

Have tried self activation twice and failed both times. Says to contact provider. But also did not copy any data from the Samsung G6 edge that I am trying to replace. Copied the apps but none of the data within the apps. Has anyone been successful with transferring content and data from another phone to their essential?

Hmmmm, maybe I can return this one and do another after the 23rd to get the camera.

I'm having the same problem another user mention where there is no upload when connected to Clear B41 sites.
Get a vpn service, that fixes it temporarily until Sprint or essential do something.

I'm having the same problem another user mention where there is no upload when connected to Clear B41 sites.
I tried to report it again to Sprint i got the same answer no reports and the one i thought made the report ticket they no have record of it.

3 minutes ago, latoso said:

I tried to report it again to Sprint i got the same answer no reports and the one i thought made the report ticket they no have record of it.

I contacted the Sprint contact on Reddit who has been very helpful with solving these weird issues. Sometimes it takes a while to hear back but I have high hopes. 

41 minutes ago, mirskyc said:

I contacted the Sprint contact on Reddit who has been very helpful with solving these weird issues. Sometimes it takes a while to hear back but I have high hopes. 

I think you guys should get in contact with folks at essential since they are very receptive to user feedback.

They have hosted multiple AMAs on Reddit.

4 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

I think you guys should get in contact with folks at essential since they are very receptive to user feedback.

They have hosted multiple AMAs on Reddit.

They arent very receptive to the...reception issues though so I am not sure what to make of that.

They arent very receptive to the...reception issues though so I am not sure what to make of that.
You are correct, sent a few emails and have not heard from essential.