SignalCheck Beta Crew Forum

mikejeep

Status line at top not showing rsrp. Was previously showing 1x800, yet was able to download 85mbps. Ignore remnants not erased fully.

Diagnostics sent

This issue is caused by enabling the 1x status bar.

Hmm.. I am unable to duplicate this on my end, and I don't see anything unusual on your diagnostics report. I often connect to B41 and always have the 1X icon enabled. I will keep an eye on it. Can you confirm that it was working properly before one of these beta updates? Have you tried a reboot or at least restarting the app?

Anyone else seeing a similar issue?

-Mike

Mike not sure if you saw this post. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2509-network-visionlte-tucsonyuma-market/?p=510601

B41 5Mhz GCI 0D0EF902

Areas with limited B41 may have strange B25 GCI or maybe just a misconfigured site. You may want to take a wait and see approach. Only one site so far is reported.

• Like 1

Mike, thanks again for the amazing app, even though current stable version is super outdated it has still worked pretty damn nicely. But of course it's becoming more difficult to decipher what I am connecting too.

Could really use that beta to help a ton!

Help a brother out!

• Like 2

Got it again, appears to be happening when I'm bouncing between sites. SCP said days was flowing, I was updating my podcatcher without error, it was a good 30-45 seconds on band 4, then flashed LTE 700, before going back to B25dce79a93750bb2a230100dab54065c97.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Mike, thanks again for the amazing app, even though current stable version is super outdated it has still worked pretty damn nicely. But of course it's becoming more difficult to decipher what I am connecting too.

Help a brother out!

Hopefully close to release so many will benefit.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Not sure if it's a known issue or not, just hit a site with a PCI of 0, and the app doesn't display it.

0c0d0abc0e086f7712a550b6a99237d3.jpg

Also, is there a way to hide 1x data when connected to LTE? I'd like to have the screen real estate for neighbor cell info. No other issues to report on the current beta.

698b1c0c49277be3490f8d95dc7aea5b.jpg

• Like 2

Help a brother out!

Soon™!!! Just ironing out the last couple of bugs and permissions testing. My goal is a public release before Thursday.

Got it again, appears to be happening when I'm bouncing between sites. SCP said days was flowing, I was updating my podcatcher without error, it was a good 30-45 seconds on band 4, then flashed LTE 700, before going back to B25

Either the PLMN is not updating and the EARFCN is, or vice versa. And the PCI may or may not be updating. Tricky for SCP to do much with it, because it must presume that the OS is reporting valid data. Does the PCI you saw at that time match a known Sprint site in that area? Or check cellmapper.net and see if there is an nearby B4 site for another provider (I believe the other Big 3 all use B4).

Not sure if it's a known issue or not, just hit a site with a PCI of 0, and the app doesn't display it.

Also, is there a way to hide 1x data when connected to LTE? I'd like to have the screen real estate for neighbor cell info. No other issues to report on the current beta.

Hmmm I will have to check, but I bet it checks for PCI >0, not >=0; I'll double check that and adjust accordingly, thanks! I will make a note to add an option to hide 1X on the main screen, but that might not be until the next release cycle.

-Mike

• Like 6

Hmmm I will have to check, but I bet it checks for PCI >0, not >=0; I'll double check that and adjust accordingly, thanks! I will make a note to add an option to hide 1X on the main screen, but that might not be until the next release cycle.

-Mike

I actually thought it was intentional, for devices that didn't report PCI.  But I'd prefer it show 0 PCIs since most current devices do report the PCI.

- Trip

I actually thought it was intentional, for devices that didn't report PCI.  But I'd prefer it show 0 PCIs since most current devices do report the PCI.

Devices are supposed to report Integer.MAX_VALUE (which is 2147483647) when a particular value is not available. Looking at over 4,000 diagnostic reports I have, I only see a one instance where 0 is being reported instead. (I also only see 4 reports where 0 is properly being reported intentionally, so it's not used often.) I just didn't realize 0 was a valid PCI until mdob07 pointed it out and I double-checked the LTE spec.

-Mike

• Like 1

Devices are supposed to report Integer.MAX_VALUE (which is 2147483647) when a particular value is not available. Looking at over 4,000 diagnostic reports I have, I only see a one instance where 0 is being reported instead. (I also only see 4 reports where 0 is properly being reported intentionally, so it's not used often.) I just didn't realize 0 was a valid PCI until mdob07 pointed it out and I double-checked the LTE spec.

-Mike

I can confirm that zero is a valid PCI. We have it at a number of sites and bands on Sprint.

• Like 2

New beta has been pushed out.. hopefully this will become the long-awaited public release! Please help me out by confirming that the following fixes are working properly. I don't need everyone to reply individually if everything is working; I'm mostly looking for feedback from those of you had experienced these issues. But if you really want to share, go for it!

• The LTE frequency label (800/1900/2500/AWS/etc) should be correct for everyone now.. I hope.

• The "Export Site Log" feature has been improved and should no longer freeze the device while it's running. GSM logs are finally exporting properly too. The exported data didn't change, but the process to generate them did. You should end up with 3 files now (CDMA, GSM, LTE).

• Any LTE EARFCN and band data displayed should be valid, including neighbor cells. Mostly want to make sure Samsung users are no longer seeing low EARFCNs/B1 on neighbor cells.

• nTelos B26 should be displaying (and logging) properly now.

• PCI 0 should be displaying (and logging) properly now.

EDIT: Just noticed that on non-Nougat phones, the Change Log screen formatting is goofed up.. I'm not going to push out another update just for that but I already fixed it.

Thanks as always!!

-Mike

• Like 7

I have compared imex99 logs before and immediately after this release candidate update.  No unexplained differences with about 90,000 records total. GSM file was empty, which is logical.

I checked band display across all Sprint bands, they look fine.  The one error that I got, that Mike could not and no one else replicated, with having 1x and LTE signal levels in the status bar still exists. I recommend that it be put in a possible bug list so this update can get out the door.

• Like 3

Either the PLMN is not updating and the EARFCN is, or vice versa. And the PCI may or may not be updating. Tricky for SCP to do much with it, because it must presume that the OS is reporting valid data. Does the PCI you saw at that time match a known Sprint site in that area? Or check cellmapper.net and see if there is an nearby B4 site for another provider (I believe the other Big 3 all use B4).

-Mike

The PCIs are unique and not for the local Sprint sites.  I believe outside the 310120 not updating the rest of the data is valid.  The device is scanning during a modem change and trying to authenticate.  I was on LTE700 this AM, but had no data flowing, after about 30 seconds, I was back on B25.

• The LTE frequency label (800/1900/2500/AWS/etc) should be correct for everyone now.. I hope.
  • Any LTE EARFCN and band data displayed should be valid, including neighbor cells. Mostly want to make sure Samsung users are no longer seeing low EARFCNs/B1 on neighbor cells.

Both of those are good on my Note 5 now.

• Like 2

I checked band display across all Sprint bands, they look fine.  The one error that I got, that Mike could not and no one else replicated, with having 1x and LTE signal levels in the status bar still exists. I recommend that it be put in a possible bug list so this update can get out the door.

LOL the bug list will always be there.. updates pending or not! No idea why that is happening to you. Doesn't happen on my 3 test devices (Samsung 4.1, HTC 5.0, Pixel 7.1) and no other reports.

The PCIs are unique and not for the local Sprint sites.  I believe outside the 310120 not updating the rest of the data is valid.  The device is scanning during a modem change and trying to authenticate.  I was on LTE700 this AM, but had no data flowing, after about 30 seconds, I was back on B25.

Sent you a PM, I agree that the 310120 might have been the invalid piece of data. Looks like your earlier B4 and B12 sightings could have both been from the same T-Mobile site. Next time it happens, send me a diagnostic report if it will let you. Or, jump into Diagnostic Mode within the app and check the PLMN fields for something other than 310120 (labeled LD1/LD2, then further down Active/Home/TM/SS/SIM/LTE17). Maybe there is something useful hiding in there I can utilize.

-Mike

• Like 2

Now that I can see neighbor EARFCNs on the fly, I noticed that I never see a PCI or EARFCN for a neighbor cell unless it's on the same channel as my current connection. That explains all of the "Unknown" cells that only report signal strength. Anyone on other devices seeing better results? Curious if it's an Android OS bug or a Pixel radio bug.

-Mike

• Like 1

Now that I can see neighbor EARFCNs on the fly, I noticed that I never see a PCI or EARFCN for a neighbor cell unless it's on the same channel as my current connection. That explains all of the "Unknown" cells that only report signal strength. Anyone on other devices seeing better results? Curious if it's an Android OS bug or a Pixel radio bug.

-Mike

I have the same issue with my Nexus 6 and Nexus 6P on Sprint, T-Mobile and USCC.  Only same band/channel only.

Robert

• Like 2

-Mike

My LG G5 does the same thing.  I think it started with the upgrade to Android 7; I recall older versions showing me other bands, which was easy to spot on my Sprint phone because the B41 PCI is different from the B25/B26 PCI on a given sector.

- Trip

• Like 2

-Mike

I used to see duplicate PCIs (same sector, different carrier) but have not seen that in some time. Only PCIs that are of the same channel.

-Mike

Only rarely do you see other carriers in the same band. Band 41 for example only then sees a carrier one or two away from current, thus if you are on 3rd carrier you don't see small cells or magic boxes immediately. If you stay in one spot for a while, for example a restaurant, it will find it in 15 minutes or so and then stay with the small cell. Same is true with multiple carriers in band 25. It prefers to stay with the one you are on even when driving by another b25 carrier that is stronger.

You can use this to your advantage when hunting.

• Like 1

That's weird.. is that new in today's version? Try a reboot?

-Mike

I haven't played much with the display settings in the past few releases, so I cannot confirm.

The 'bug' did go away after I cleared all databases, exited app, imported national db.

• Like 1

Ran through another 70000  records before and after release candidate 1 (RC1), also android 7.x.  No issues.

GSM data looks good from what I can tell.  Gives you everything since the beginning of the log file. Correctly identified overseas carriers.  Latest records were missing GPS data, so more data is being gathered for 1 day since we only had a very small sample.

A couple of new LTE records in a very small small sample came back 0 RSRP, so running more data to check them out using a clean database.

Will run a comparison of Android 5,x data before and after in the morning.

Log generation appears faster.

• Like 1

Received another GSM log.  GPS is present. One erroneous entry for Verizon.  140 entries include these carriers: AT&T, T-Mobile, Movistar, entel, Starhub, Smart.  Looks good as far as I can tell.

• Like 2