SignalCheck Beta Crew Forum

mikejeep

Samsung devices not the network gear OEM, I'm in Ericsson market.

Np. Just trying to tell Mike what works so he knows not every aspect has issues with latest beta.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You should still see whatever you had before, except some T-Mobile users who will need EARFCN data in order to see a band. Many users will now see more info. Where is AWS missing from? Are you seeing any EARFCN stuff (guessing not, on a Samsung)? Is it showing any band info at all?

-Mike

It's missing from the main screen where it used to say: LTE AWS it now just says LTE. I don't get any EARFCN info on my Note 5. :-(

Hmmm clearly I broke something with "LTE xxxxx" display. You're all still seeing band information in the provider line so it's not your device. I gutted those routines so I expected some hiccups. I overhauled a lot of code; much of this used to be hard-coded, now it's dynamic. I'll look into it tonight!

-Mike

• Like 2

Hmmm clearly I broke something with "LTE xxxxx" display. You're all still seeing band information in the provider line so it's not your device. I gutted those routines so I expected some hiccups. I overhauled a lot of code; much of this used to be hard-coded, now it's dynamic. I'll look into it tonight!

-Mike

The notification bar and the provider information right below rsrp and snr values i.e. Sprint B26 are correct, but yeah for whatever coding reason the LTE  XXXX isn't displaying (which is a nice feature as the large text is easy to take a quick glance at). Your earfcn fix with this beta is much appreciated though.

• Like 2

Just pushed out another beta, please let me know if that LTE frequency display is fixed. It was likely only observed on devices that weren't getting the EARFCN natively.

Finished up a lot of other loose ends that I had been working on too. Did somebody say neighbor LTE bands...

Getting very close to tackling everything I had planned for the next public update. Thanks for all of the feedback!!

-Mike

• Like 1

Mike,

New version crashes on start-up on my Moto G3 and Moto G4 devices, all of which are rooted.  It gets as far as asking for root permissions, then crashes before I can grant them.  I used the "Report" button to send a report from one of each device.

Works on my HTC M9 and my LG G5, both of which are on Nougat.  Didn't have a chance to test my BLU R1 this morning.

- Trip

nTelos B26 "Provider" line text is messed up. It shows "Provider:B26 (310470)". Most likely where your saving your provider variable is just missing nTelos. B25 is good shows nTelos B25. B41 is unknown if B41 I will post again other wise it woulx be good.

• Like 1

Failing to load on my rooted LG G2s.  Sent a report from each one.

Are any other users here running rooted devices?  Your report makes me wonder if our crashes are related--the app attempting to use the root method to read the neighbor EARFCN or something before permission is granted, or something along those lines.

- Trip

• Like 1

:banana::urock: Really excited by bands for the neighbor list. Could we get it to optionally display earfcns instead and also limit them to one earfcn? I am referring to small cell hunting, which has a unique earfcn where we have seen them. Else we will also need to find all magic boxes and airaves in our market to get their PCIs (we have most everything else). Magic Boxes also have there own earfcn.

Alternatively allow us to plug in the earfcn for SC, MB, and AR which would then appear in the neighbors list. The ability to truncate or change the font size for the neighbors list would also be great so we can fit more on the screen. :thx:

• Like 1

Works fine on my unrooted Photon 4G (Wimax) Android 2.3.5

• Like 1

Well these aren't what I wanted to wake up to.. none of my test devices are having these issues and a couple are rooted. I'll go see what I can come up with, but for now nobody else should bother updating yet. If I can't find those crash reports I'll reach out to you guys.

-Mike

• Like 2

New version crashes on start-up on my Moto G3 and Moto G4 devices, all of which are rooted.  It gets as far as asking for root permissions, then crashes before I can grant them.  I used the "Report" button to send a report from one of each device.

Works on my HTC M9 and my LG G5, both of which are on Nougat.  Didn't have a chance to test my BLU R1 this morning.

Are any other users here running rooted devices?  Your report makes me wonder if our crashes are related--the app attempting to use the root method to read the neighbor EARFCN or something before permission is granted, or something along those lines.

Trip, you were close -- I saw the reports from you guys, it's the neighbor EARFCN routine crashing on Android 4.2-6.0. If you enable Airplane Mode (or leave LTE coverage) and then disable "Show Neighbor Cells" you should be able to use the app for now. I will be working on it this morning, hopefully I'll have an update pushed out shortly.

-Mike

• Like 1

I really like seeing the Neighbor Cell Bands. I no longer have to go over to Cellmapper or Network Signal Guru to see neighbor bands. Awesome. Works great on my Nexus 6 Project Fi and Nexus 6P on T-Mobile.

cc16204cdbc97d51c247dafa96d62851.jpg1b12634beeba5fc3a11e108fdf68d62e.jpg

US Cellular on N6 Project Fi too

bae4891dfb1183e23b6a305ae29f6d38.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Still crashes on LG G2 after using airplane mode, removing modem commands, exiting, removing airplane modem.  Same with rebooting.  Same with removing root privileges. Sent two reports.

Still crashes on LG G2 after using airplane mode, removing modem commands, exiting, removing airplane modem.  Same with rebooting.  Same with removing root privileges. Sent two reports.

I don't think it is related to the modem or root, it's the neighbor cell display. Disable neighbor display and let me know.

-Mike

• Like 1

I don't think it is related to the modem or root, it's the neighbor cell display. Disable neighbor display and let me know.

-Mike

works.  will try adding back in root and modem. Those work as well.  Neighbor list is the problem.

Edited by dkyeager
  • Like 1

Another update is done and should be available shortly. Hopefully the crashes and LTE display bugs are fixed. There is also a new option to display neighbor EARFCN info. It is disabled by default, so go into Preferences > Display Settings > Show Neighbor EARFCNs.

-Mike

• Like 3

The word LTE is back on my Note 5, but no band indication in the header.

Also, I notice your Neighbor Cells say Band 1.