SignalCheck Beta Crew Forum

mikejeep

nowerlater send me this from a MB at his work showing 0F1: 

4798250328729043211%253Faccount_id%253D3

Would that be close to 21,358 MB out in the wild? (0xF136F-0x0EC001) How many are planned? Could we extrapolate the GCI? 0xEC001+ 60,000 (base 10)= 0xFAA61

0x0EC<= Market GCI < 0x0FC (FC and FD would be saved for a future possible market) Leaving 65536 possible MBs with GCI before they have to start using sectors bytes  and change the backend a little.

1 hour ago, Flompholph said:

Would that be close to 21,358 MB out in the wild? (0xF136F-0x0EC001) How many are planned? Could we extrapolate the GCI? 0xEC001+ 60,000 (base 10)= 0xFAA61

0x0EC<= Market GCI < 0x0FC (FC and FD would be saved for a future possible market) Leaving 65536 possible MBs with GCI before they have to start using sectors bytes  and change the backend a little.

The CFO said hundreds of thousands, which is above somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

New beta release is uploading now.. should be available within the hour.. or an hour ago, depending on when you're changing your clocks!

• All of the permissions routines were overhauled, they were causing LOTS of crashes and freezing so hopefully this resolves all of those issues. Permissions are now requested as needed, instead of all at once when the app launches. Please try revoking permissions through your device's Settings and see if you can break something.
  • Significant improvements the Wi-Fi routines.. channel/frequency/bandwidth accuracy and availability should be much better on newer devices. I'd like to have it update independently of the mobile connection info but I'm still working on that.
  • If you're rooted, the Data and Debug shortcuts should work on the Pixel now. Hopefully(?) they also work on the XL, Pixel 2, and Pixel XL 2. If anyone has any luck on those devices let me know.
  • A few more Magic Box GCIs were added.

Thanks!!
-Mike

• Like 7

5 hours ago, jefbal99 said:

My magic box is no longer reading as b41 MB

Trying to get a screenshot attached, 0EC19B01 is the gci.

Whoops. It's hiding all "extra" indicators (second carrier, MB, Airave, etc.). I believe I fixed it but going to do some more testing to make sure. Expect an update this afternoon..

-Mike

• Like 2

Another beta just went out, but the only noticeable changes on the user end are for AT&T users. But who knows, I could have broken something else..

For those of you following that are not in the Beta Crew, everything is looking good but there is a bug in a permissions library I am using. I am waiting for that developer to fix it before I push out a public update. Once that is fixed, I'll be pushing out public updates of both Pro and Lite.

-Mike

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 11/9/2017 at 5:38 PM, mikejeep said:

New beta just uploaded! Should fix the missing LTE extras and also hides individual "Unknown" neighbor cells by default. Option under Display Settings if you prefer to see each one.

-Mike

The updates over the weekend resolved the extras issue :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

New SCP beta update went out yesterday afternoon coinciding with the public update.. just a couple minor changes since the last beta, most notably 0F2 and 0F3 added as Magic Boxes. Time to start working on more new stuff..

-Mike

• Like 1

New SCP beta update went out yesterday afternoon coinciding with the public update.. just a couple minor changes since the last beta, most notably 0F2 and 0F3 added as Magic Boxes. Time to start working on more new stuff..
-Mike
Hey Mike, sitting on a Magic Box with GCI of 0E6xxx. I don't think that one made it into the update. Sorry to add to the list! Haha

Sent from my LG G6

6 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Hey Mike, sitting on a Magic Box with GCI of 0E6xxx. I don't think that one made it into the update. Sorry to add to the list!

Is that definitely a MB? Closest to that I have is 0E8 for Airave 3/S1000. No MBs below 0EC until now..

-Mike

2 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Yep, it was in the Sprint store near me. Hadn't been by for a while until today.

Sent from my LG G6

I swear I'm not trying to be a pain, but it was definitely a MB and not an Airave or S1000? Just want to be positive since it doesn't fit the range we've seen so far!

-Mike

2 hours ago, mikejeep said:

I swear I'm not trying to be a pain, but it was definitely a MB and not an Airave or S1000? Just want to be positive since it doesn't fit the range we've seen so far!

-Mike

I didn't actually see it, but I specifically asked if they had a Magic Box in the store, and was told that they did. I think it was in back instead of in the display area.

1 hour ago, Dkoellerwx said:

I didn't actually see it, but I specifically asked if they had a Magic Box in the store, and was told that they did. I think it was in back instead of in the display area.

You probably ran into something like I did two weeks ago.  I was in a Mall, found a Boost Mobile store. Was just wasting time while my wife was handing over my credit card to other retailers.   At the entrance to Boost Mobile, I had a band 25 signal of -80. This mall is noted for a very weak Sprint signal from a distant cell site.   I started walking away from the store in several directions.  Sure enough, the signal got weaker fairly fast as I moved away from the store.   Something was in the store.

In talking to the two employees, they said absolutely nothing was in the store.  I talked to them for a long time and went down several avenues.   They vowed that this was just normal Sprint signal.  It sure was not.   It was not a Magic box.  In looking at all the info in Signal check and then looking at the signal outside, it was some type of repeater that was boosting the signal from the local weak cell site and transmitting on Band 25.

Outside the mall, a -110 from the cell site.   Most places inside the mall, a -118 from the same cell site.  At Boost Mobile, a -80 from the same cell site verified on the Signal Check display.  I suspect the two employees were probably very new and were not ever informed of whatever was in the store.  Sad.  The bad part is that they were not even sharp enough to figure out what I was asking about and trying to prove. They were probably taught to just show the amount of bars on the phones and sell them.

1 hour ago, chamb said:

You probably ran into something like I did two weeks ago.  I was in a Mall, found a Boost Mobile store. Was just wasting time while my wife was handing over my credit card to other retailers.   At the entrance to Boost Mobile, I had a band 25 signal of -80. This mall is noted for a very weak Sprint signal from a distant cell site.   I started walking away from the store in several directions.  Sure enough, the signal got weaker fairly fast as I moved away from the store.   Something was in the store.

In talking to the two employees, they said absolutely nothing was in the store.  I talked to them for a long time and went down several avenues.   They vowed that this was just normal Sprint signal.  It sure was not.   It was not a Magic box.  In looking at all the info in Signal check and then looking at the signal outside, it was some type of repeater that was boosting the signal from the local weak cell site and transmitting on Band 25.

Outside the mall, a -110 from the cell site.   Most places inside the mall, a -118 from the same cell site.  At Boost Mobile, a -80 from the same cell site verified on the Signal Check display.  I suspect the two employees were probably very new and were not ever informed of whatever was in the store.  Sad.  The bad part is that they were not even sharp enough to figure out what I was asking about and trying to prove. They were probably taught to just show the amount of bars on the phones and sell them.

You have to talk to a knowledgeable manager and show them your Signal Check Pro screen. Typically hidden in back and they generally won't take a picture of it.   I then check CMDA to see if it is an Airave.  DkoellerWX likely knows all these tricks. :)

PS: Sprint is not unique about using signal devices in their stores.  I have also seen  AT&T and Verizon do the same.  I have not been in a T-Mobile store for a decade, although I have referred people to them (I always go with whatever works well in needed areas).

1 hour ago, dkyeager said:

You have to talk to a knowledgeable manager and show them your Signal Check Pro screen. Typically hidden in back and they generally won't take a picture of it.   I then check CMDA to see if it is an Airave.  DkoellerWX likely knows all these tricks. :)

PS: Sprint is not unique about using signal devices in their stores.  I have also seen  AT&T and Verizon do the same.  I have not been in a T-Mobile store for a decade, although I have referred people to them (I always go with whatever works well in needed areas).

T-Mobile does too. I was connected to one in their store at Capital Mall in Olympia, Washington just yesterday.

• Like 1

T-Mobile does too. I was connected to one in their store at Capital Mall in Olympia, Washington just yesterday.

Here in Winchester the T-mobile employees are adamant that the Ubiquity access points are boosters. The signal in there was around - 115

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Mike,

I've been having an issue where sometimes, when connected to Clear B41, I just get "LTE" without the band indicator.  I've tried to send diagnostics, but I keep getting the Temporary Redirect message.  And the Send Saved Reports button doesn't seem to work at all. 

Not sure how else to get it to you.

- Trip

10 hours ago, Trip said:

I've been having an issue where sometimes, when connected to Clear B41, I just get "LTE" without the band indicator.  I've tried to send diagnostics, but I keep getting the Temporary Redirect message.  And the Send Saved Reports button doesn't seem to work at all. 

Yes, I'm experiencing the missing band when switching between Sprint/Clear sites as well. It's not a new issue, but for some reason it seems to be more prevalent around here recently. These complications have been one of the big things I've been spending a ton of time on over the past few weeks that hasn't made any progress. It's not technically a Clear issue, it's a changing PLMN issue. There is something about the way the Android OS refreshes signal data that causes PLMN changes to not be reported via the API immediately; that is why duplicate GCIs get logged and the band indicator disappears. It usually takes a couple of seconds to catch up. It's not device-specific, it affects every device I am aware of. I am working on trying to get around it. Most mobile phone users don't have to worry about it, because they rarely connect to another PLMN (although as LTE roaming expands, that will change). It's an issue for us Sprint folks because the Clear sites have a different PLMN.

I wasn't aware that the redirect message was happening again. I'll get on my web host and see what I can figure out. Last time I had to write a whole new script because they couldn't figure out why the old one stopped working.. :angry::angry::angry:

-Mike

A beta update was just released! Android 8.0 (Oreo) users, I need a hand: please check and make sure CDMA BSL display is working properly for you. Force your device onto 3G if necessary. If it doesn't work (You'll see "Click for map" forever), please let me know what device and what Android version you are running. If you are running anything pre-Oreo or 8.1, you shouldn't be impacted.

-Mike

• Like 3

On 1/26/2018 at 4:03 PM, mikejeep said:

A beta update was just released! Android 8.0 (Oreo) users, I need a hand: please check and make sure CDMA BSL display is working properly for you. Force your device onto 3G if necessary. If it doesn't work (You'll see "Click for map" forever), please let me know what device and what Android version you are running. If you are running anything pre-Oreo or 8.1, you shouldn't be impacted.

-Mike

Beta crew member checking in, BSL is now working!  Galaxy S8 8.0 

• Love 1