Calling Plus (VoLTE "Lite")

1 minute ago, ingenium said:

The Sprint router may be causing problems with it. They do some QoS and rate limiting (I want to say 8 KB/sec or so) on the ipsec tunnels that are used. It sets a dedicated, allocated speed which cannot be exceeded, rather than just prioritizing the connection. It basically breaks an Airave.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I have looked at changing the firmware, but really don't have any idea what I'm doing so have not tried so far. Considering just getting a different router altogether. Have noticed some minor issues with devices disconnecting in the last couple weeks.

I have looked at changing the firmware, but really don't have any idea what I'm doing so have not tried so far. Considering just getting a different router altogether. Have noticed some minor issues with devices disconnecting in the last couple weeks.
I don't think it's that difficult to change it on Sprint routers (T-Mobile makes theirs very hard to reflash). If you go that route I suggest looking at the Merlin firmware. It's stock Asus with a bunch of enhancements and addictions. Pretty stable.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I picked up a galaxy s8 today and I’m having a issue with the calling plus. I have it enabled but when I place a call, the calling plus icon disappears. Any reason as to why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, derrph said:

I picked up a galaxy s8 today and I’m having a issue with the calling plus. I have it enabled but when I place a call, the calling plus icon disappears. Any reason as to why?

Try rebooting the phone..

Try rebooting the phone..

It still drops off and comes back when the call disconnects.

• 7 months later...

Reviving an old thread to ask for help. 

Yesterday, calling plus worked on my S8+. Today, it won't connect to calling plus. I turn it on in the settings, but the icon doesn't show up next to the LTE bars at the top of the screen as usual. I tried restarting, deleting the cache partition, dialing ##72786# to reprovision the network, a profile and PRL update, and nothing has worked. It continues to use 1x for calls. My wife's S8 active is connecting to calling plus, so it's not a network issue here. 

Anybody have any other ideas? There are times I need data to work when I make a call. I've had this phone for over a year and this is the first issue I've had with calling plus not connecting. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...