Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 9/10/2017 at 5:01 PM, danlodish345 said:

where i live in new jersey cdma coverage is better then lte most parts of the state...so lte calling wouldnt be usable....

It's easy to turn on and off depending on the area you're in. It's a simple toggle on the pull down. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Galaxyguy said:

It's easy to turn on and off depending on the area you're in. It's a simple toggle on the pull down. 

Yes I know and I did turn it off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I installed the Call Plus on my Gal S8+  early last week and found within a few days that my battery just didn't last even a half day!  I've  been used to it lasting the full day with moderate use and almost two days with low use.

So, given that I had battery issues back with my Note 4 when I kept the WiFi on all the time, I turned off the WiFi portion of Call Plus and suddenly I've got more out of my battery.  Makes sense.  But still being frustrated by not having a full day of usage yesterday I've turned off that feature entirely.

I like the idea, but am unwilling to take the hit too my usage.  The calls were clear, but certainly not worth the hassle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, anSarakhJackie said:

I installed the Call Plus on my Gal S8+  early last week and found within a few days that my battery just didn't last even a half day!  I've  been used to it lasting the full day with moderate use and almost two days with low use.

So, given that I had battery issues back with my Note 4 when I kept the WiFi on all the time, I turned off the WiFi portion of Call Plus and suddenly I've got more out of my battery.  Makes sense.  But still being frustrated by not having a full day of usage yesterday I've turned off that feature entirely.

I like the idea, but am unwilling to take the hit too my usage.  The calls were clear, but certainly not worth the hassle.

How long did you talk on the phone when you had CP turned on? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, anSarakhJackie said:

I installed the Call Plus on my Gal S8+  early last week and found within a few days that my battery just didn't last even a half day!  I've  been used to it lasting the full day with moderate use and almost two days with low use.

So, given that I had battery issues back with my Note 4 when I kept the WiFi on all the time, I turned off the WiFi portion of Call Plus and suddenly I've got more out of my battery.  Makes sense.  But still being frustrated by not having a full day of usage yesterday I've turned off that feature entirely.

I like the idea, but am unwilling to take the hit too my usage.  The calls were clear, but certainly not worth the hassle.

I have not seen any issues with battery life since turning on calling plus. I'm not saying it's not possible that you could be having problems, but also consider that it could be something else as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

burnout8488-  

Probably about 30 minutes a day.  I mostly text and web browse with it.

Galaxyguy-        

I didn't add any other apps at that same time...  Of course, Samsung has installed a number of apps around then and in the last week that I have no use for-  I'll watch to see if indeed my battery rebounds or continues to suck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Galaxyguy-

Ok, it's now 12 hours since I fully charged my phone.  It shows 74% full-- I have been texting on sms and Messenger all day, but with lighter than usual web access.  But still, that is pretty darn good compared to my Note 4 and more than twice as good as when I was on Call Plus.

I know, I know.  Too small a sample size- that will come with time.  But decent anecdotal information for the time being.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm makes sense kinda, I've noticed my battery has tanked a lot myself. Probably going to disable it and see if it makes a difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometime in the last couple of days Calling Plus was added to the G6. Noticed the icon today, had an update on Friday I think, that must've been when they made the change. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imex99 confirmed that it is live.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dkyeager said:

Imex99 confirmed that it is live.

Where was this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ohio, confirmed late last Tuesday.  Just PM him for more details.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, dkyeager said:

Ohio, confirmed late last Tuesday.  Just PM him for more details.

 

I have a G6, I was just wondering if he had posted this somewhere, I didn't know it was even coming to the G6 till I saw the icon show up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

I have a G6, I was just wondering if he had posted this somewhere, I didn't know it was even coming to the G6 till I saw the icon show up.

Unfortunately he is not as active on s4gru with out tapatalk, like a number of others.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dkyeager said:

Unfortunately he is not as active on s4gru with out tapatalk, like a number of others.

 

It's really not that hard to use the mobile site... I don't get the reliance on Tapatalk. Yeah it's nice to have... but the forum existed without it before. Hopefully the next update can fix the compatibility issue. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Unfortunately he is not as active on s4gru with out tapatalk, like a number of others.
 

Tapatalk is working again....I don't use computers very often and just use mobile or tapatalk. Check about once a week with mobile browser but everyday with tapatalk and Tapatalk notifications.

Calling plus worked great with my limited tests before I sold my g6. Highly recommend to test it out.....

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Want this on the galaxy S7E. If anyone has heard anything, do pass it along!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tested CP(beta) on an S8. IMHO works better than expected. Only really tested the receiving end (was listening to the movie hotline while driving out in the country, where LTE is marginal), so not sure if the opposite party would have heard me as well as I heard them.

What is a bit iffy is the WiFi Calling handover where I tested it. Seems that the building you are in and connected to WiFi must have pretty good overlap of LTE and WiFi.   So, if inside your building, LTE is weak or nonexistant, it won't usually handover in either direction.  But, I was able to coax some handovers by finding areas with good overlap.  Will run a test at home, where I have a -38db LTE signal from tower in my backyard.

Vs. Verizon Advanced Calling 2.0 I would say that VZW will drop an VoLTE call very quickly, but Sprint will tolerate more LTE signal gap before dropping.  At one point, I heard a CP call hang on through about 5 seconds of silence in a weak signal area, then it came back just fine.  VZW will drop in that situation.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 1:29 PM, Handyman said:

Vs. Verizon Advanced Calling 2.0 I would say that VZW will drop an VoLTE call very quickly, but Sprint will tolerate more LTE signal gap before dropping.  At one point, I heard a CP call hang on through about 5 seconds of silence in a weak signal area, then it came back just fine.  VZW will drop in that situation.

This is an interesting experience given that Verizon's VoLTE is prioritized on QoS and the handsets will hold LTE for the phone call than it would for a normal data session... curious as to why this happens to you, and how Sprint has better signal than Verizon there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×