leozno1

HTC U11

Yes I do remember that. I haven't seen a report in a while, but are u saying that transmit isn't included in the fcc reports? 

Yes I do remember that. I haven't seen a report in a while, but are u saying that transmit isn't included in the fcc reports? 

Transmit power is the only thing tested RF wise in the FCC reports. But we have already seen HPUE devices come through the FCC. The power class was increased, it won't look all that different from the other reports. 

• Like 1

Alright I just checked the tracking info today and it now says that it's on the Vehicle out for deliver today. A whole 2 days early! I'm hype!

Yeah, mines should be delivered in a few hours or so as well.

Just took delivery, damn this phone is slippery as hell.  You better not be clumsy if you're not going to rock a case.

• Like 1

Mine arrived today as well. The blue is really shiny. Did anyone order it in black?

Initial thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Initial thoughts?

For a flagship device that you can get for under $600 I think it brings exceptional value. Camera is amazing, its insanely responsive, the screen is great to look at, its waterproof, speakers sound great, comfortable to hold(even though its very slippery), rf performance is excellent for me thus far as well.  Its a pretty good all around device.

My only real concern right now is battery life.  Seems like most reviews are giving it a thumbs up for battery life, even going as far as saying that even with a smaller 3000mah battery, it still lasts longer the s8+.  This could not be any further from the truth.  From day one my s8+ has continued to amaze me as how efficient it runs but so far the u11, while not bad, definitely isn't living up to what I expected when it comes to battery life.  I've had it for about 20 hours so far so I'll keep monitoring it for the next few days to see how things go.

Also, no visual voicemail. 

• Like 4

Initial thoughts?

First of all this phone is FAST. I know we all say that when you have a new phone. But the UFS 2.1 Storage in this phone is like having a M.2 SSD in your PC. The speed at which this thing just chewed through downloading and installing all my apps upon setup was pretty impressive.

Signal strength seems improved compared to my HTC 10. Even my 5 Ghz WiFi at home stays connected a good bit further away within my house.

I've yet to go through a full day yet so I can't speak on battery life yet but I see less of a decline in power consumption when I'm actually using the phone compared to my 10.

Display is bright and is easily visible in direct sunlight - again something that's a bit of an issue with the HTC 10.

Camera is crazy good. Launches focuses and shoots photos very rapidly.

Edge sense is not bad when you set it to the correct pressure sensitivity. It works pretty well and is not clunky or annoying when sent to a low enough sensitivity that you don't have to death grip the thing to trigger it but not so low that basic interactions set it off. When you have it set up right it works well and is a nice way to make some quick shortcuts, especially since Google Assistant has replaced Google now when holding the home button. So now I have it set so that a squeeze and hold launches Google Now.

Lack of headphone jack is suuuuper annoying. At work I would quickly switch from having headphones plugged into my speakers to plugging it into my phone when I wanted to play an Instagram video or listen to something on the phone. Now for me to do so I have to carry the dongle with me. Another thing is that you can no longer turn boomsound on or off when using the dongle or set custom audio profile for different headphones.

• Like 2

I only ordered yesterday. Should've ordered earlier. #FOMO

Don't forget to get your amazon dots by going to the htc site.

http://www.htc.com/us/sprint-u11-preorder-offer/

Thanks! I was looking for it yesterday but I guess since the phone wasn't officially released the site wasn't live yet.

Mine arrived today as well. The blue is really shiny. Did anyone order it in black?

I got the black. It looks good, but I think the blue was probably a better choice. I may try to change out at store, but if they charge a restocking fee I'll keep it. Love the phone though. Fast as hell, especially when updating apps. 

I hope I don't regret cancelling my order for the HTC U11. It really looks like a great device, though I wanted to have the shipping stopped on it before it got sent out, as I changed my mind for the Sony Xperia XZ Premium, due to my likely getting the Sony Z9D television. The Sony XZ Premium has the advantage of a 4k Triluminos display, while the HTC U11 has the advantage of better audio and wider network capability within the U.S. This also means my staying with T-Mobile.

Anyways, I'm still impressed by HTC for making a very beautiful looking device in the HTC U11. The Sapphire Blue especially.

I hope I don't regret cancelling my order for the HTC U11. It really looks like a great device, though I wanted to have the shipping stopped on it before it got sent out, as I changed my mind for the Sony Xperia XZ Premium, due to my likely getting the Sony Z9D television. The Sony XZ Premium has the advantage of a 4k Triluminos display, while the HTC U11 has the advantage of better audio and wider network capability within the U.S. This also means my staying with T-Mobile.

Anyways, I'm still impressed by HTC for making a very beautiful looking device in the HTC U11. The Sapphire Blue especially.

I regret u cancelling your order. This phone is incredible. 

• Like 1

I regret u cancelling your order. This phone is incredible.

I may decide to reorder it, or keep the device if it ends up being shipped. HTC was very nice and polite about my order cancellation, but told me there is a possibility it may still ship out. They weren't entirely sure if the order had gone far enough in to reverse the order shipment or not. Really depends on my tv purchase, due to my wanting compatibility between the tv and the phone.

I'm glad to hear though about it being a great device for those who have it. The HTC U11 certainly seems alot better than the HTC 10, which I wasn't impressed with.

Any LG users pick up the U11 yet? Wondering if anyone has any comparisons. So far I can't find a good enough reason to replace my G5 ... yet.

• Like 1

Any LG users pick up the U11 yet? Wondering if anyone has any comparisons. So far I can't find a good enough reason to replace my G5 ... yet.

just order online and take advantage of 14 day guarantee, order return kit or corporate store if not satisfied....

I don't have the voicemail app on my phone anyone else not have the app

Can anyone verify if wifi calling is available, also how is RCS working with this phone? When I send a MMS to a non Sprint phone, the app(Android messages) compresses the picture so bad you almost can't view the picture.

Can anyone verify if wifi calling is available.

Yes it is

I don't have the voicemail app on my phone anyone else not have the app

It's a no go on vvm for the u11. As of now there are no known workarounds.

I have mixed feelings about this phone. That or I got a lemon. I already have a crack under the glass. It's been in the provided case as soon as I opened box. And it's been kept in a microfiber bag. Camera shutters on start up every time. After each photo snap it shutters as well. Focusing is crazy fast. No vvm. Call quality seems to be better and clearer as apposed to the HTC 10. Happy to have WiFi calling again. The ear phones are pretty good as well. That or I'm just really used to the quality I get from my LG pro 750s.

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

I have mixed feelings about this phone. That or I got a lemon. I already have a crack under the glass. It's been in the provided case as soon as I opened box. And it's been kept in a microfiber bag. Camera shutters on start up every time. After each photo snap it shutters as well. Focusing is crazy fast. No vvm. Call quality seems to be better and clearer as apposed to the HTC 10. Happy to have WiFi calling again. The ear phones are pretty good as well. That or I'm just really used to the quality I get from my LG pro 750s.

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

The case that comes with it looks cool but it's pure garbage, so I hope you're really not relying on that for any sort of protection. As far as camera issues, I haven't had any so if that's what you are experiencing just get it exchanged.

I havent looked into the XZ Premium much so pardon my ignorance but what benefit is there to having that phone with that Sony TV? I'm assuming Sony included some features that are exclusive to their ecosystem?