Anyone else receive the $200 for S8 or $300 for S8+ offer?

optimummind

Sprint recently sent me an "exclusive" offer for me to get the S8 for $200 or the S8+ for $300 after signing up for the 2-yr IB plan. So in a way, they've brought back the 2-yr subsidy pricing. Only problem is that they sent this offer not to my primary phone line but to my sister-in-law's. I have the legacy ED1500 plan.

I called to see if they could transfer this offer to my line but they wouldn't.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sprint recently sent me an "exclusive" offer for me to get the S8 for $200 or the S8+ for $300 after signing up for the 2-yr IB plan. So in a way, they've brought back the 2-yr subsidy pricing. Only problem is that they sent this offer not to my primary phone line but to my sister-in-law's. I have the legacy ED1500 plan.

I called to see if they could transfer this offer to my line but they wouldn't.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

They did on my line, but the other 4 lines didn't receive anything (2 under contract and 2 ready for upgrade). This offer is actually better than the 2 year agreements. There's no way this phone would have been $199 under contract. $299 sounds more accurate since the MSRP is way higher than the Galaxy predecessors. What's also nice is that the $200 price isn't required upfront and instead paid on installments. That could be very tempting for folks who don't like shelling out their money all at once.

I'm not going to lie, that offer is very tempting. But I'm just going to complete my contract and leave. It was a painful ride, but Sprint is just not getting it done for me. Two 5x5 LTE carriers are just too small to carry the load in my area.

I just went to the Sprint store and used my upgrade for a S8 on Saturday but returned it on Sunday. I wonder if I can get that offer? I just couldn't vouch for the price of that device and what it has to offer. So I just went and re-activated my iPhone 7 But for $200 I'll jump on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I got this huge booklet-style advertising in the mail from Sprint today for the $200 upgrade ($8.33/month). I will say this is a pretty neat piece of advertising.

Sprint must be going after lines that haven't used an upgrade in a while since the last upgrade I used was when the Galaxy S5 came out. I've been BYOD since then.

I got this huge booklet-style advertising in the mail from Sprint today for the $200 upgrade ($8.33/month). I will say this is a pretty neat piece of advertising.

Sprint must be going after lines that haven't used an upgrade in a while since the last upgrade I used was when the Galaxy S5 came out. I've been BYOD since then.

My cousin took advantage of the deal for the $8.33/mo for 3 GS8 phones.  It does seem YMMV depending on how well the CSR is well versed in this promo.