Samsung Galaxy S8 & Dual Sim/Duos

Andrew Revering

2 hours ago, shannonbrian said:

smh always something .

Yep kinda tired of this same old crap, I mean seriously how does a huge company like Samsung not have the resources to have a dedicated team for flagship devices (S/Note line) to roll-out new updates in a timely fashion?

2 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

Yep kinda tired of this same old crap, I mean seriously how does a huge company like Samsung not have the resources to have a dedicated team for flagship devices (S/Note line) to roll-out new updates in a timely fashion?

Samsung and others need to get their crap up to speed and release timely updates. Not like Google provides delveloper versions when a big OS update hits. 

Well Samsung is rolling out a new update, CRB7 so guess we still have a long wait since I'm sure Sprint will need to do their testing and add the bloatware... This may be my last Samsung phone, this long for an update that was released more than half a year ago and still waiting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BlueAngel said:

Well Samsung is rolling out a new update, CRB7 so guess we still have a long wait since I'm sure Sprint will need to do their testing and add the bloatware... This may be my last Samsung phone, this long for an update that was released more than half a year ago and still waiting.

Hopefully it's better than the "CRAP" update. :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

I'm okay with waiting a week or so to make sure a show stopper like random reboots aren't present. If I put on my tinfoil hat, I'd say we'll see it well after March 16th (rumored release date for S9). But this hasn't been the case in the past. Samsung knows they're under pressure.

23 minutes ago, mmark27 said:

I'm okay with waiting a week or so to make sure a show stopper like random reboots aren't present. If I put on my tinfoil hat, I'd say we'll see it well after March 16th (rumored release date for S9). But this hasn't been the case in the past. Samsung knows they're under pressure.

I'm thinking a month from now, let's face it I'm probably right. My phone is acting up like crazy and I'm so desperately in need of a good format and reinstall but I know as soon as I do Oreo will be available. Don't want to waste an hour setting everything up just to do it again in a week or two but I don't think I can wait much longer. 

40 minutes ago, shannonbrian said:

Samsung updates getting worse over the years.

That's true, things should be getting quicker but they seem to be heading in the opposite direction unfortunately. I'd be interested in the Pixel 2 if it wasn't for the hardware issues and shitty screen in comparison to the Infinity Display. There are really no other options on Android, it's either Samsung or Apple and iOS.

That's true, things should be getting quicker but they seem to be heading in the opposite direction unfortunately. I'd be interested in the Pixel 2 if it wasn't for the hardware issues and shitty screen in comparison to the Infinity Display. There are really no other options on Android, it's either Samsung or Apple and iOS.
What's wrong with LG G or V30? I hope the pixel 3 will be the best of the series.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OK - Getting ready to purchase and activate a Samsung Galaxy S8+ on Sprint.  I am upgrading from a Google Pixel XL, which I loved, except to say that there is no WiFi Calling and no LTE-Calling Plus, and without the WiFi Calling, no service inside many of the buildings I frequent.

This is your only and last chance to stop me if I'm making a mistake (i.e., is there a better phone?)

Here are some points I considered in my thought process:

1. The Note8 is simply too tall for me.  I don't like the way it feels in my hand or pocket.

2. The S8 is a bit too small.

3. The S8+ seems like it should be wider, too, BUT, of the S8-series, it is as close to the size I want as I am going to get.

4. I also looked at the LG-series, but I am afraid to get one due to repair issues, plus their bloat apps.

5. I looked at the MotoZ2 and X4, but I am hesitant to invest in one of them because of no LTE-Calling Plus.  This was a very close second to the S8+...

6. I am a very app-heavy user.  I totally use up the 4GB ram!

Thanks for your time and consideration for your thoughts in advance :)

Edited by Handyman

Just now, Handyman said:

OK - Getting ready to purchase and activate a Samsung Galaxy S8+ on Sprint.  I am upgrading from a Google Pixel XL, which I loved, except to say that there is no WiFi Calling and no LTE-Calling Plus, and without the WiFi Calling, no service inside many of the buildings I frequent.

This is your only and last chance to stop me if I'm making a mistake (i.e., is there a better phone?)

Here are some points I considered in my thought process:

1. The Note8 is simply too tall for me.  I don't like the way it feels in my hand or pocket.

2. The S8 is a bit too small.

3. The S8+ seems like it should be wider, too, BUT, of the S8-series, it is as close to the size I want as I am going to get.

4. I also looked at the LG-series, but I am afraid to get one due to repair issues, plus their bloat apps.

5. I looked at the MotoZ2 and X4, but I am hesitant to invest in one of them because of no LTE-Calling Plus.  This was a very close second to the S8+...

Thanks for your time and consideration for your thoughts in advance :)

First off Note 8, is quite possibly one of the best all around phones out there. That extra 2gb ram helps tremendously. GS8 has been getting alot of beta updates and is still an excellent phone. 

Moto z2 is also an excellent choice, and btw does have calling plus and android 8.0, and quite possibly the best RF performance of any Sprint phone to date. (Gs9 has the most advanced but real world performance is unknown but likely excellent!)

Since your coming from a Pixel, I'd say go with z2 since it's as close to stock as possible. It's only weak points are camera performance being not as good as the competition, and it's somewhat cheap feel in the hand. Plus it's plastic screen is easily scratched (but almost indestructible, but replaceable)

• Love 1

I have owned Motorola phones before and liked their features.
Samsungs do have a lot of annoying processes.

I had Motorola phones and I don’t particularly like the Z2 force. It’s overheating on me and it boot loops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk