Samsung Galaxy S8 & Dual Sim/Duos

Andrew Revering

Such a rogue update, haven't been updated since August and now we get one with an old security patch...
Yeah I'm looking forward to Android 8.0 and upload CA

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Is there any way to force "band class 10" i.e. 800 MHz voice on the S8?

I see that you can disable BC10 under ##DATA#  but I would like to force it on.

The reason is that 1900 MHz voice calls here always warble slightly here  (occasional audio glitches and dropouts) on any phone.  We are surrounded by tall trees so maybe that is the problem.  Or it could be something else but it has been that way for years.

When I do get 800 MHz on a voice call, there is no such problem.  Actually I have another phone (a Tribute HD) that seems to like using BC 10.    Maybe I should just move my main number  over onto it.

I can use LTE Calling but I have a magic box so there is some latency and it can glitch sometimes too.

Thanks.

Edited by comintel

Is there any way to force "band class 10" i.e. 800 MHz voice on the S8?
I see that you can disable BC10 under ##DATA#  but I would like to force it on.
The reason is that 1900 MHz voice calls here always warble slightly here  (occasional audio glitches and dropouts) on any phone.  We are surrounded by tall trees so maybe that is the problem.  Or it could be something else but it has been that way for years.
When I do get 800 MHz on a voice call, there is no such problem.  Actually I have another phone (a Tribute HD) that seems to like using BC 10.    Maybe I should just move my main number  over onto it.
I can use LTE Calling but I have a magic box so there is some latency and it can glitch sometimes too.
Thanks.

I don't think so... I have the same issue as you with 1900 not penetrating deep in to my house. 800 was always fine. I ended up switching the Magicbox out for an Airave 3 LTE as it also boosts the 1x Voice.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This is pretty weird.

I have been testing around town and my Samsung S8+ (prl is 56066) is always given 1XRTT for voice which is problematic at home  because it warbles and glitches every now and then duuring calls..

My LG LS676 Tribute HD (prl 55065), on the other hand, is always given 1X800 which is flawless.

It seems like to get consistent voice quality, I have to give up using my S8+ for calls!

Does this make any sense?

Just now, Terrell352 said:

Can you still use it?? Also the November patch came with it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Can make call on Wi-Fi and hand off to LTE.  Unable to start calls on LTE though.

2 hours ago, bucdenny said:

New update today?

LfBpCbq.jpgpDE7D1Y.jpg

Same update size this time with the 955U1 model.  

As for the VoLTE option, I reported it as broken via Samsung Members during Beta 2 and they said they'll look into it.

On this new beta 3, I noticed my S8+ rather quickly switches when I am on B25 to B41.  I am seeing myself on B41 in areas where usually I see B25 with very strong signals.  

e.g. B25 with strong signals of RSRP of -55 to -65 (next to a macro site) with neighboring marco with B41 in the area of around RSRP -105, it will switch over to B41.  

Anyone seeing similar results?

• Like 1

On this new beta 3, I noticed my S8+ rather quickly switches when I am on B25 to B41.  I am seeing myself on B41 in areas where usually I see B25 with very strong signals.  
e.g. B25 with strong signals of RSRP of -55 to -65 (next to a macro site) with neighboring tower B41 in the area of around RSRP -105, it will switch over to B41.  
Anyone seeing similar results?
I am also.

• Like 1

So, uh, how's that beta3 treating folks still??  I don't see how to re-enroll in the beta after rolling back. I would think they would let folks re-enroll though so they could try out features that had pushed them away, ie, more testers for actual problems. I guess not though.

So, uh, how's that beta3 treating folks still??  I don't see how to re-enroll in the beta after rolling back. I would think they would let folks re-enroll though so they could try out features that had pushed them away, ie, more testers for actual problems. I guess not though.
It's better but there are still issues that they said they fixed like the youtube not loading issue that still is happening.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mmark27 said:

It's been the most stable and smoothest one so far.  Besides quicker battery drain, which was expected, I'm having no issues.  Beta 3 finally fixed the microSD issue which was bugging me through Beta 1 and Beta 2.  

• Like 1

For those back on the non-oreo stable build, since the update to QJH firmware my wife's S8 and my folks' S8 actives (thankfully not my S8+) have been doing the cycling screen on thing when on the wireless charger. Meaning.....phone on wireless charger charges up to 100%, screen pops on. That's normal once. Then as the phone discharges and charges that little bit, the screen would never turn back on all night (nor would the charger light up). Now though, their phones will light up about every 10-30 seconds all night long. It seemed to do this with my wife's S8 while plugged in even. 

Some folks have been complaining about fast charging not working post update, but wasn't sure if anyone was also seeing this issue. It's probably the most annoying bug. The beta was doing it on my phone and was one of the reasons I rolled back to stable. Then the update came and their phones started doing it. 

Anyone else? 

2 hours ago, mmark27 said:

For those back on the non-oreo stable build, since the update to QJH firmware my wife's S8 and my folks' S8 actives (thankfully not my S8+) have been doing the cycling screen on thing when on the wireless charger. Meaning.....phone on wireless charger charges up to 100%, screen pops on. That's normal once. Then as the phone discharges and charges that little bit, the screen would never turn back on all night (nor would the charger light up). Now though, their phones will light up about every 10-30 seconds all night long. It seemed to do this with my wife's S8 while plugged in even. 

Some folks have been complaining about fast charging not working post update, but wasn't sure if anyone was also seeing this issue. It's probably the most annoying bug. The beta was doing it on my phone and was one of the reasons I rolled back to stable. Then the update came and their phones started doing it. 

Anyone else? 

Never experienced that bug on the Oreo beta.  And I only use wireless charging (Seneo fast charger).