Samsung Galaxy S8 & Dual Sim/Duos

Andrew Revering

I'm glad that the Samsung Messages notification stopped in the new update. Facebook's app still freezes while scrolling through  back lot of comments or comments  with media in them so convinced it's a problem with the app as opposed to Samsung. I reported it to Facebook so hopefully someone in the chain will onow how to fix it. For now I'm using the Facebook Lite app and it's working pretty well.

59 minutes ago, mmark27 said:

Looks like they've pulled the Beta due to a process.android.com fatal error.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I haven't experienced this yet, but it seems like there is an easy fix if you encounter it by going into your settings. The update will probably be re-released later this week.

18 hours ago, SeanK_ said:

Wow! This 2nd update has made my phone useless. I have to go back to official software. 

Yeah this second update is horrible. If someone calls me my whole phone freezes. Also Youtube will stop working all of a sudden. I may go back to official build but I will give it a few days.

5 hours ago, Terrell352 said:

Yeah this second update is horrible. If someone calls me my whole phone freezes. Also Youtube will stop working all of a sudden. I may go back to official build but I will give it a few days.

I couldn't take it anymore, I rolled backed and phone is usable, feels faster now too.

22 minutes ago, SeanK_ said:

I couldn't take it anymore, I rolled backed and phone is usable, feels faster now too.

ha ha, yeah, I did this last week and I was amazed at how UNstable the beta actually was. :)

In reality the "benefits" of Oreo aren't that apparent especially if you use Nova Launcher. The PiP is cute, but not very necessary and that's about it. 

• Haha 1

How do you roll back without needing to reinstall everything?
I don't think that's possible. It wipes the phone. However, if you are patient enough, Samsung Cloud/backup/whatever will replace everything, granted it's backing up your apps and app data. I'm usually too impatient and just start fresh.

Still on Beta 2 on my 955U1.  It is so much more stable and smoother than the 1st Beta.  Also, a HUGE improvement in battery life (during both Idle and Use).  No Phone App issues.  

Still on Beta 2 on my 955U1.  It is so much more stable and smoother than the 1st Beta.  Also, a HUGE improvement in battery life (during both Idle and Use).  No Phone App issues.  
Mine is opposite. Large amount of issues and I can see why samsung pulled beta 2

3 hours ago, Terrell352 said:

Mine is opposite. Large amount of issues and I can see why samsung pulled beta 2

You're using the locked Sprint model GS8, right?

Unlike for Beta 1, though, I performed a Factory Reset after updating to Beta 2.  Restored my data using Samsung Cloud and Helium.

Has anyone seen any deals coming for the S8 Active on Sprint? I see that new customers can get it at 1/2 off tomorrow, but anything for existing customers?? I think this would be the ideal phone for my parents. No need to use a big ass case and the huge battery would be good for them as well. Hoping to save anything I can on these. Looking to order tomorrow unless there's any internal information on coming Black Friday deals.....

Had lots of issues with beta 2 as well but after wiping system cache, everything started working as intended. No freezes or any other issues. 

I'm going for the GS8 today or tomorrow. 

Just FYI, Best Buy has a deal with either $350 with installment payments OR a $350 gift card with a lease.  I'm going to do the lease.  Ends Saturday.

• Like 1

Update available for stock firmware (not Beta)

344.04MB

October 1 security patch

Signal bars are bars again like the Beta

6ab04c4db588342728cb29447167dbe5.jpgae0e195d29bfbb0e047e2e2c36e9bc19.jpg