Samsung Galaxy S8 & Dual Sim/Duos

Andrew Revering

S8+ finally came, it's smaller than I was expecting. Hardly any bigger than my Note 5 but with a LOT more screen lol. I must say compared to the Note 5 the S8+ comes with a lot more bloatware, nothing I can't fix but damn lol.

That's how they keep it secret so they can continue selling it as a service.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

So the phone is domestic unlock but running the Sprint firmware? Meaning another carrier's SIM shows up as roaming?

So the phone is domestic unlock but running the Sprint firmware? Meaning another carrier's SIM shows up as roaming?

That's interesting, just got my S8+ today and realized all S8+ have the same model number at least in the United States. So flash a different firmware and use it on any network?

I think we're getting to the point where people don't read the first pages of the thread...and we're starting over with our questions.

Your OP is excellent. Thanks for your edits and updates. :thx:

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 2

I think we're getting to the point where people don't read the first pages of the thread...and we're starting over with our questions.

It is pretty rare here that the OP gets updated so well. Big thanks for doing that and polite reminders to newb questions to refer there is okay. 

• Like 1

Does it have 256 qam for both B41 and 25 and just 4x4 mimo on 25?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Does it have 256 qam for both B41 and 25 and just 4x4 mimo on 25?

Now that's a good question. Also which is more important? QAM or 4×4 MIMO?

Now that's a good question. Also which is more important? QAM or 4×4 MIMO?

Qam. Mimo is just edge of cell site

• Like 1

Figured as much. This is a question for lilotimz. If it had 256 qam on b41 then it would be a gigabit phone right? They say it's not so I assume it doesn't have it.

Figured as much. This is a question for lilotimz. If it had 256 qam on b41 then it would be a gigabit phone right? They say it's not so I assume it doesn't have it.

Gigabit LTE needs both.

Gigabit LTE needs both.

"Last month at CES, T-Mobile CTO Neville Ray said 256-QAM was one of the tools the Un-carrier will use to hit gigabit speeds.

“5 MHz carrier (spectrum) in LTE gives you about 35, 38 Mbps. 256-QAM takes you to 50 (Mbps), 4x4 MIMO takes it to 100 Mbps. Ten of those gives you a gigabit,” he explained. “It’s a great milestone for us to chase.”

Not one to be left out, Sprint has also discussed plans to unleash 256-QAM in the near future.

In a December blog post, Sprint CTO John Saw said the carrier expects to “unveil some innovative work with 256-QAM and Massive MIMO pushing 1 Gbps class speed boundaries” sometime this year. A Sprint spokeswoman said Wednesday the carrier is still testing 256-QAM in the lab."

This was back in February but I'm excited about b25 going to 100 mbps in good conditions at least on a 5x5.

"Last month at CES, T-Mobile CTO Neville Ray said 256-QAM was one of the tools the Un-carrier will use to hit gigabit speeds.

“5 MHz carrier (spectrum) in LTE gives you about 35, 38 Mbps. 256-QAM takes you to 50 (Mbps), 4x4 MIMO takes it to 100 Mbps. Ten of those gives you a gigabit,” he explained. “It’s a great milestone for us to chase.”

Not one to be left out, Sprint has also discussed plans to unleash 256-QAM in the near future.

In a December blog post, Sprint CTO John Saw said the carrier expects to “unveil some innovative work with 256-QAM and Massive MIMO pushing 1 Gbps class speed boundaries” sometime this year. A Sprint spokeswoman said Wednesday the carrier is still testing 256-QAM in the lab."

This was back in February but I'm excited about b25 going to 100 mbps in good conditions at least on a 5x5.

Imagine 3xCA with 256 QAM.

Imagine 3xCA with 256 QAM.

I'm still waiting on B25 CA in my area. We only have 2 5x5 here.

As far as I've seen we still only have one 5x5 chunk of B25. Doesn't matter much though as I hardly ever see B25 it's always B41 and or B26.

I have the Verizon version of the S8 Plus and it performs pretty well on the reception side

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

As far as I've seen we still only have one 5x5 chunk of B25. Doesn't matter much though as I hardly ever see B25 it's always B41 and or B26.

When I'm at work I can't get B41 inside. B25/26 I can. Would love CA from all 3.

No Mimo will double everywhere. It is just doubling at the edge is helpful.

Sprint won't have 1Gbps anytime soon at least real world. With QAM, MIMO, and changing the config the max is close to 800Mbps.

• Like 2

Haven't really heard much of any talk about them, but the included IEM's are phenomenal for free. My included Note 5 earphones were shit, totally different ballgame now. I'm a borderline audiophile and I LOVE these for free.

Haven't really heard much of any talk about them, but the included IEM's are phenomenal for free. My included Note 5 earphones were shit, totally different ballgame now. I'm a borderline audiophile and I LOVE these for free.

I disagree. Mine actually broke in the first week. I didn't do anything to them. Also my $15 skullcandys not only was way louder but they had way more clarity and bass to them. I think these "premium" ear buds are hot garbage.