Samsung Galaxy S8 & Dual Sim/Duos

Andrew Revering

This afternoon (after doing the software update this morning), while using the phone normally it suddenly did a profile update on its own! UH OH! I read that profile updates are supposed to reset the lock back to Sprint.

So I rebooted the phone, popped in the AT&T SIM, and voila! It still works! Went back to Sprint, still good! 

So at least with the unlock method I used (some eBay guy), the phone remains unlocked after software & profile updates.

• Like 2

Update on using Simore/Magic-SIM to make S8 into a dual-SIM phone:

- My Simore adapter ribbon tore before I could use it... so never got to try it.

- Went with Magic-SIM... it is a more durable product, however, I can't get it to work. Customer service has been great at helping me trouble shoot, but the app it installs doesn't respond to anything I do... and after 1 minute of a valid connection on SIM1, it changes to say Invalid SIM. 

Magic-SIM has been helpful and are sending me a replacement to see if it's faulty. So after a couple weeks I should have another try (they are in England).

I will say that since the unlock method was a hack-job and my 2nd SIM is a FreedomPOP AT&T SIM, it's possible one or both of those are giving me issues with Magic-SIM. Perhaps if I put in a SIM directly from AT&T, T-Mobile or Verizon that it would work, I don't know. However I doubt it because directly in the phone the SIMs work and I did try a deactivated 2nd Sprint SIM and it also didn't work. So other than the adapter being faulty the only other possibility I can come up with is the way it was unlocked being incompatible with Magic-SIM. We'll see how the replacement works.

This afternoon (after doing the software update this morning), while using the phone normally it suddenly did a profile update on its own! UH OH! I read that profile updates are supposed to reset the lock back to Sprint.

So I rebooted the phone, popped in the AT&T SIM, and voila! It still works! Went back to Sprint, still good!

So at least with the unlock method I used (some eBay guy), the phone remains unlocked after software & profile updates.

I just got mine unlocked from him today. I'll try a t mobile sim later after my step sons birthday party a chuck e cheese.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I just got mine unlocked from him today. I'll try a t mobile sim later after my step sons birthday party a chuck e cheese.

So the S8 it's unlocked? My new one said invalid when trying a vzw Sim.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So the S8 it's unlocked? My new one said invalid when trying a vzw Sim.

No there is a guy on eBay that unlocks it remotely for you.

I will say that since the unlock method was a hack-job and my 2nd SIM is a FreedomPOP AT&T SIM, it's possible one or both of those are giving me issues with Magic-SIM. Perhaps if I put in a SIM directly from AT&T, T-Mobile or Verizon that it would work, I don't know. However I doubt it because directly in the phone the SIMs work and I did try a deactivated 2nd Sprint SIM and it also didn't work. So other than the adapter being faulty the only other possibility I can come up with is the way it was unlocked being incompatible with Magic-SIM. We'll see how the replacement works.

Dual SIM adapters have never played nice with CDMA networks. Doubt you'll get it working tbh.
  • Like 1

No there is a guy on eBay that unlocks it remotely for you.

You guys watched him do it remotely, right?  What does he do?  It cannot be that hard of a process?  Is he just flashing the 'U' software?

You guys watched him do it remotely, right? What does he do? It cannot be that hard of a process? Is he just flashing the 'U' software?

You can't see what files he is using. You can only see that he is doing something.

• Like 1

Nope . I seen 17.1 upload before.1 carrier

Ok. Does the S8 support 64 qam for upload for whenever Sprint brings that on board?

• Like 1

Ok. Does the S8 support 64 qam for upload for whenever Sprint brings that on board?

Anyone have root and use NSG on the S8?  It would show more clearly...

Question is the S8 the first Sprint phone that supports B13?

No

Android I should have have asked.

The answer is still no, I'm pretty sure the htc 10 on sprint supported band 13 as well.  Not sure if that was the first one though.

Right... so why do we care if our Sprint phones have this?

I was just curious. Sprint also owns B13 licenses in Puerto Rico.

• Like 1

So Sprint Zone is still on my S8 has Sprint Zone auto updated to My Sprint for any of you?  I downloaded My Sprint app but Sprint Zone is still there kind of dumb having two apps that do the same thing.

• Like 1

So Sprint Zone is still on my S8 has Sprint Zone auto updated to My Sprint for any of you? I downloaded My Sprint app but Sprint Zone is still there kind of dumb having two apps that do the same thing.

Same deal here. I just downloaded My Sprint since Sprint Zone never updated.