Samsung Galaxy S8 & Dual Sim/Duos

Andrew Revering

Down to the last week to enter to win a NEW GALAXY S8! Enter today! Enter again! Really, we need to make some money for the site! :blink:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/7690-enter-to-win-a-new-samsung-galaxy-s8-and-help-support-s4gru/

When I start working again I'll definitely be donating I might be donating over $100

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

When I start working again I'll definitely be donating I might be donating over $100

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

We can use it!  Thanks for considering a donation in the future.

• Like 1

So I pulled the trigger and turned in my S7 for the S8, love the phone but one thing that is irking me is this phone loves B26. At my house my S7 would stay parked on 1900 inside (-96 to -100) the S8 camps out on 800.

So I pulled the trigger and turned in my S7 for the S8, love the phone but one thing that is irking me is this phone loves B26. At my house my S7 would stay parked on 1900 inside (-96 to -100) the S8 camps out on 800.

No B41 in your area?

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

It's weird how that works -- I've had mine for what a month now, and it's never LEFT band 41... at least not on my home tower.

It's weird how that works -- I've had mine for what a month now, and it's never LEFT band 41... at least not on my home tower.

Looks like your in MN also. How long has B41 been in your area? I'm just curious.

No B41 in your area?

Yep it's working now actually getting 2.5 inside the house. Restarted the phone and all is good now.

• Like 1

Yep it's working now actually getting 2.5 inside the house. Restarted the phone and all is good now.

Rule # 1 - Anytime a phone does not act the way it really should, power down and reboot from scratch.

Rule # 2 - if it still ain't fixed, repeat rule # 1.

They said range and transfer speeds not on yet , everything else works normal. For the bluetooth., It will be turned on with android O updated softeare.

Sprint just today sent an offer for the S8 ($200) & S8+ ($300) with 2-yr committment for my line too. Gonna get the phone now. ????

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Sprint just today sent an offer for the S8 ($200) & S8+ ($300) with 2-yr committment for my line too. Gonna get the phone now. ????

How much for the plan?

How much for the plan?

There are 5 of us in the ED1500 plan. After discounts, we each pay ~$47.

There are 5 of us in the ED1500 plan. After discounts, we each pay ~$47.

The ED1500 really is a great plan, something I think was a great offer by Sprint, which I believe if they introduced a similar plan, it could become highly successful in helping Sprint gain many new subscribers. Is it correct the $47 monthly includes the installment pricing rate costs?

It sounds to me it might be, considering that back a few years ago when someone offered a line on their ED1500 plan to me, the plan total for my part of the overall payment prior to the device, was $35 monthly, then adding what I believe was $20 or $25 monthly additional for the Samsung Note 5 payment after the $15 monthly loyalty discount, which I had the added cost for the one-year installment or lease on (I don't remember exactly which right now).

I'm a major supporter of service packages, if they give a good deal for one, that is.

What software version is your phone running now that it's unlocked?

SOLUTION!!!!

-------------------

Ok, after months of research and online help, I've finally unlocked my phone per my original OP post.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I would love to try this but first I have to make sure this doesn't effect Sprint software updates. When we get the next security update let me know if it goes through for you.

So I just did the new update, and phone is still unlocked, swapped out the Sprint SIM for AT&T and it worked great.

Side question... this update gives us a Bixby update, but I still don't think it does any voice commands, correct? I didn't see any way to do voice commands. I'm trying to give it a chance before abandoning it and sticking with Google Assistant.

• Like 2

So I just did the new update, and phone is still unlocked, swapped out the Sprint SIM for AT&T and it worked great.

Side question... this update gives us a Bixby update, but I still don't think it does any voice commands, correct? I didn't see any way to do voice commands. I'm trying to give it a chance before abandoning it and sticking with Google Assistant.

All I wanted to hear is that the update works!!! U da man!!!

• Like 1