Samsung Galaxy S8 & Dual Sim/Duos

Andrew Revering

On 9/22/2017 at 4:47 PM, Galaxyguy said:

Any chance you are using an older or slower SD card to save your recorded video?  If you are, try recording video to device storage and see if that makes a difference. 

It's the card that came with the VR deal so Samsung EVO plus or whatever, I thought it was supposed to be top notch for the recording. I'm only recording in 1080 also, so I wouldn't think that would be a problem, but I could switch to test. Hadn't thought of that. 

So yeah I think I have come to the conclusion that I am throwing this phone on swappa, tired of it freezing up for no reason requiring a hard restart. Note 5 never did it once doing a simple thing such as texting, it happens at least once or twice a week it's being doing it since I got it. Every app is asleep besides vital ones so nothing is using power when I don't have it running so it's not an app. I've just had enough at this point. Or I can give it to my nephew and use the other upgrade for something else maybe an iPhone lol. :(

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

So yeah I think I have come to the conclusion that I am throwing this phone on swappa, tired of it freezing up for no reason requiring a hard restart. Note 5 never did it once doing a simple thing such as texting, it happens at least once or twice a week it's being doing it since I got it. Every app is asleep besides vital ones so nothing is using power when I don't have it running so it's not an app. I've just had enough at this point. Or I can give it to my nephew and use the other upgrade for something else maybe an iPhone lol. :(

Have you tried a Factory Reset?  

The thing i see with s8 and hpue is that phone switches bands too soon with band 41 in area. it hits - 115 to -117 signal switches . it should not switch until you get over -123 . AT 122 i still pull about 20 mbps . So if you do band 41 mode only coverage will increase alot. If they can only sweak radio and software better then be great phone.

The thing i see with s8 and hpue is that phone switches bands too soon with band 41 in area. it hits - 115 to -117 signal switches . it should not switch until you get over -123 . AT 122 i still pull about 20 mbps . So if you do band 41 mode only coverage will increase alot. If they can only sweak radio and software better then be great phone.
Are you running the Sprint version? I don't have that experience at all on mine. It stays on B41 up until -124

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So overall, how is everybody liking the GS8?  I'm thinking about getting one in the next month or 2.
I like it but they are starting to slip on the updates. It's mid October and we are still on August update. Upload CA is also live but they have yet to enable it for the S8. The phone is good but I do see lag from time to time but not much.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, clbowens said:

Why is that?

For one I had a note 5 and loved it.  So size is an issue with me (haha)  on this phone.  Also there is lag, doesn't stay on band 41, constant restarts without me doing it,  and freezes up allot.  I don't run a bunch of apps either.  I'm just not impressed.  Going to see about swapping for note 8

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jthawks said:

For one I had a note 5 and loved it.  So size is an issue with me (haha)  on this phone.  Also there is lag, doesn't stay on band 41, constant restarts without me doing it,  and freezes up allot.  I don't run a bunch of apps either.  I'm just not impressed.  Going to see about swapping for note 8

Heh I'm not the only one with an S8+ that freezes for no reason. 

5 hours ago, clbowens said:

So overall, how is everybody liking the GS8?  I'm thinking about getting one in the next month or 2.

I like this phone, but do not love it. I'm not too butt hurt because Galaxy for life thing so I'm not locked into it for 2 years+.

I have the S8+, my wife's S8 has pretty bad battery life compared to the S8+. I'm not having random reboots and freezing like others may be reporting and I use my phone pretty heavily, have an Android Wear watch always attached, constantly stream music via different bluetooth headphones and my car kit, and the S8+ doesn't really hang up for me at all. My issues are just more in the usability side of the phone. The fingerprint reader, which you DO need sometimes for authentication, is terribly placed and no matter what people say, you never really get used to it. A case helps, sure, but doesn't solve me putting my finger on the camera lens. (Iris unlock is superior, but not used by many apps for entry). I STILL can not get the double tap power to open camera right, screen on, screen off, then on, then off, then maybe the camera opens? 

I still have a beef with the picture quality of the camera. Samsung does too much with the software processing and fuzzes up images. Seems like every other manufacturer is updating camera quality on released phones except Samsung. 

Unfortunately, for me, Samsung phones really fit into my life now with the wireless charging (significant investment in charging pads everywhere in my life) and the Samsung Pay really is convenient and (importantly) safe. IF I was in the market now, I'd get the Note 8. However, IF you are unencumbered by the Samsung need, then I would get the Pixel XL2. Pure Google, pure speed, great camera and non-idiotic finger printer reader location. (Pixel2XL and not the Pixel2, the Pixel2 is ugly (bezels) and different than the Pixel2XL).

Again though, the Pixel might not have the Sprint network optimizations like the Note or S8 might have. 

If your current phone is the S6 still like your profile says, then the Note8 is going to be a size shock, but I love this size screen. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mmark27 said:

I like this phone, but do not love it. I'm not too butt hurt because Galaxy for life thing so I'm not locked into it for 2 years+.

I have the S8+, my wife's S8 has pretty bad battery life compared to the S8+. I'm not having random reboots and freezing like others may be reporting and I use my phone pretty heavily, have an Android Wear watch always attached, constantly stream music via different bluetooth headphones and my car kit, and the S8+ doesn't really hang up for me at all. My issues are just more in the usability side of the phone. The fingerprint reader, which you DO need sometimes for authentication, is terribly placed and no matter what people say, you never really get used to it. A case helps, sure, but doesn't solve me putting my finger on the camera lens. (Iris unlock is superior, but not used by many apps for entry). I STILL can not get the double tap power to open camera right, screen on, screen off, then on, then off, then maybe the camera opens? 

I still have a beef with the picture quality of the camera. Samsung does too much with the software processing and fuzzes up images. Seems like every other manufacturer is updating camera quality on released phones except Samsung. 

Unfortunately, for me, Samsung phones really fit into my life now with the wireless charging (significant investment in charging pads everywhere in my life) and the Samsung Pay really is convenient and (importantly) safe. IF I was in the market now, I'd get the Note 8. However, IF you are unencumbered by the Samsung need, then I would get the Pixel XL2. Pure Google, pure speed, great camera and non-idiotic finger printer reader location. (Pixel2XL and not the Pixel2, the Pixel2 is ugly (bezels) and different than the Pixel2XL).

Again though, the Pixel might not have the Sprint network optimizations like the Note or S8 might have. 

If your current phone is the S6 still like your profile says, then the Note8 is going to be a size shock, but I love this size screen. 

Yes, I still have the GS6.  For me, the size of the S8+ and Note 8 is too big.

Thank for your thoughts though.

Yes, I still have the GS6.  For me, the size of the S8+ and Note 8 is too big.

Thank for your thoughts though.
How about the regular S8?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, mmark27 said:

Network optimization on Sprint means nothing if HPUE and b41 performance is not that good on this phone.

• Like 1