questions regarding hpue

laqn1283

I am not positive about 95%, but ----- last week, my wife was looking for bigger clothing for our growing great granddaughter. I took a little walk to the nearby Sprint store.   I had one rep tell me I should be buying phones with a bigger battery since it would give me longer range from the cell site.   The rep got distracted and another one thought it would be  a good idea to pick up the conversation. He tried to tell me that a Galaxy S-5 did not have LTE capability.   I am beginning to think that employees in Sprint stores have no clue either.  He then decided to argue with me about it.  What he failed to understand was that I owned TWO galaxy S-5's and now own TWO Galaxy S-7's.  I kinda think that I might know more than all the reps in the store. Very Very SAD.,

Sprint store employees are stupid and untrained, sad when I know more about Sprint than they do and the devices they sell. Oh and the network as a whole, you get a blank stare when you start to get a little technical and or get called wrong and told a lie.

• Like 1

Sprint store employees are stupid and untrained, sad when I know more about Sprint than they do and the devices they sell. Oh and the network as a whole, you get a blank stare when you start to get a little technical and or get called wrong and told a lie.

Sounds like you have the exact same opinion of them as I do from very similar experiences. If I ever go back to Sprint, I know I will not get service started at a Sprint store, for sure. It must be done online. Not to say every Sprint representative is bad, though there sure are a huge amount of them who make used car salesmen appear like the pope.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I had to replace my htc bolt today due to a problem with the screen. I got the LG G6 and noticed this phone holds onto b41 to much lower levels before I get kicked to b25 or 3g. Normally in this area I would be camping on evdo but I'm sitting on b41 at -125 and still manage ~10/1 Mbps.

cf8d19387970a225252bd333f5c573fd.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I had to replace my htc bolt today due to a problem with the screen. I got the LG G6 and noticed this phone holds onto b41 to much lower levels before I get kicked to b25 or 3g. Normally in this area I would be camping on evdo but I'm sitting on b41 at -125 and still manage ~10/1 Mbps.

cf8d19387970a225252bd333f5c573fd.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

HPUE :).

• 4 weeks later...

Hpue works great. -122 to -125 14.98 down .wow

I guess that we have to say it again and again.  HPUE is not increasing your band 41 downlink speeds.

AJ

I know just saying what I got at - 125 compare to my note 5 drop at -115 on band 41. Just very surprise that I could get that speed. So I know hpue works in s8.

So I know hpue works in s8.

Yeah, maybe.  But unless you can confirm that HPUE was active at the time, you cannot conclude that it was responsible for not dropping band 41 and holding it down to -125 dBm.  The Galaxy S8 just could be a better RF performer, among many other variables.

AJ

I've yet do see any difference with HPUE, a marketing gimmick.

No, the sword cuts both ways.  If you cannot confirm if/when HPUE has been active, then you cannot conclude that it has caused no difference.

AJ

No, the sword cuts both ways. If you cannot confirm if/when HPUE has been active, then you cannot conclude that it has caused no difference.

AJ

Fair point, I was expecting to see a difference compared to my Note 5 and I have yet to see any, in fact B41 seems weaker and I am on 3G more often.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

So -122 on band 41 .ca 3 is hpue?

No, but .ca is the top level domain for Canada.

AJ

• Like 1