LG G6 to be Sprint's first HPUE-capable device

RedSpark

It sounds like it messes up Android Auto. And also you can't easily set the do not disturb mode without messing with the calendar so it's not as easy now :(

I'm very interested if it'll stop the vibrating during a call when you get a text.

1 hour ago, sleet said:

It sounds like it messes up Android Auto. And also you can't easily set the do not disturb mode without messing with the calendar so it's not as easy now :(

I'm very interested if it'll stop the vibrating during a call when you get a text.

I noticed that the phone did not vibrate when I was on a call about an hour ago and got several texts. 

On another note, the ##DATA# >> LTE screen now shows the CA settings set to "TDD 2CA DL Only" ... what gives??!!?? Has been a 3xCA phone since the day it came out. @lilotimz any idea?

• Like 1

On 5/31/2018 at 9:56 PM, Dkoellerwx said:

I noticed that the phone did not vibrate when I was on a call about an hour ago and got several texts. 

On another note, the ##DATA# >> LTE screen now shows the CA settings set to "TDD 2CA DL Only" ... what gives??!!?? Has been a 3xCA phone since the day it came out. @lilotimz any idea?

Yes I'm curious about this too. 

14 minutes ago, mideastbeast said:

Yes I'm curious about this too. 

As long as you have the MSL code you can go in "edit" and make any changes. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Maverick said:

As long as you have the MSL code you can go in "edit" and make any changes. 

Sprint has refused to give me my MSL or I would have made changes a while ago. The phone also supports 2xCA on B25 and that has never been enabled. 

Sprint has refused to give me my MSL or I would have made changes a while ago. The phone also supports 2xCA on B25 and that has never been enabled. 
Really? I've never had an issue getting an MSL from Sprint. I just do a chat and say something along the lines of "Hi. I factory reset my phone and now it's asking me for something called an MSL. Can you help me with that?"

If a rep won't give it to you, just try again with a different one. I actually just got the MSL a couple days ago for one of my devices that's on a corporate account that I don't have access to... Took 2 tries though because I didn't have the account PIN.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, ingenium said:

Really? I've never had an issue getting an MSL from Sprint. I just do a chat and say something along the lines of "Hi. I factory reset my phone and now it's asking me for something called an MSL. Can you help me with that?"

If a rep won't give it to you, just try again with a different one. I actually just got the MSL a couple days ago for one of my devices that's on a corporate account that I don't have access to... Took 2 tries though because I didn't have the account PIN.

It does depend a lot on the rep you speak too.  I had many who flat out refused to give it to me.  It's also why I like buying my phones from Best Buy.  They will give you the MSL as part of your paperwork along with a copy of your sales contract.  

Of course it hasn't mattered on my Note 8 since the MSL is all zeroes.  

8 hours ago, marioc21 said:

It does depend a lot on the rep you speak too.  I had many who flat out refused to give it to me.  It's also why I like buying my phones from Best Buy.  They will give you the MSL as part of your paperwork along with a copy of your sales contract.  

Of course it hasn't mattered on my Note 8 since the MSL is all zeroes.  

They do? Is that something that gets emailed? I've never gotten any paper work from Best Buy, I've bought my last three phones there.

15 hours ago, ingenium said:

Nope, the last three or four reps I talked to flat out refused saying there was a "new policy" that prohibited them from giving a MSL to a customer. 

8 hours ago, sleet said:

So did they end up breaking the 3xCA on this phone?

I don't think so. The engineering screen still shows PCC, SCC and TCC connections, and shows all three DL EARFCNs when on B41. Speeds didn't drop either. Think the ##DATA# screen is wrong. 

• 3 months later...

I got a 707.3 MB Software update today.

It says it improves camera features and Android assistant (google Lens). Optimizes performance & includes android security updates.

After the update my phone rebooted then said LG G6 ThinkQ then went to a white screen and got stuck on the White screen with the word Sprint and the Sprint Logo above it. After 15 minutes on that screen I couldn't take it anymore and I held the volume down and the power button at the same time until it rebooted again. The update finished after the reboot and the phone is fine now.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, mideastbeast said:

I got a 707.3 MB Software update today.

It says it improves camera features and Android assistant (google Lens). Optimizes performance & includes android security updates.

After the update my phone rebooted then said LG G6 ThinkQ then went to a white screen and got stuck on the White screen with the word Sprint and the Sprint Logo above it. After 15 minutes on that screen I couldn't take it anymore and I held the volume down and the power button at the same time until it rebooted again. The update finished after the reboot and the phone is fine now.

So no pie :(

12 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Has LG announced pie for any devices? I would think the G7 would see it first. 

There hasn't been any device manufactured to make such a bold statement but if we're only referring to LG then the G7 thin Q and v35 thin Q AKA Android One would be the first to get pie.