jonathanm1978

Galaxy Note 8 rumors, specs, thoughts, etc

I just checked the status of it and found out they left it at my garage 40 minutes ago. So much for them absolutely requiring a signature.

I got mine at about 8:30 this morning. I had to actually call sprint because neither mine or wife would activate on the phone nor on website.

I only know what the manager of ups told me about the sprint contract requiring a signature... whether or not the drivers abide by it. ..... thats on them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Instead of setting at your front door waiting for your Notes, I stopped the UPS truck down the street and turned the inventory of the truck inside out.   Somehow I must have missed the package I was looking for.  I slowed down the entire load, but you got lucky that I could not find the package.

bwhahahaha.jpg

I have about an hour before I leave to my concert, but as I check out the phone, I am surprise that it weighs less than the S8+ when every review says otherwise.

Note8-01.png

Has anyone looked at the band priority screen? There's like twenty bands of lte... interesting.

• Like 2

its n950u

so i think there is only one note 8 variant for usa.

its cdma and gsm.

the only difference is the carrier that it is locked to

My one complaint so far is just the amount of bloatware that came with it.  Especially, the Sprint and Samsung apps you could not disable or uninstall. 

• Like 1

My one complaint so far is just the amount of bloatware that came with it. Especially, the Sprint and Samsung apps you could not disable or uninstall.

Could try Package Disabler Pro to disable those apps.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Could try Package Disabler Pro to disable those apps.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Yep that's what I use, makes a big difference.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yep that's what I use, makes a big difference.

Does it require root access? 

Does it require root access?

Nope.

My one complaint so far is just the amount of bloatware that came with it.  Especially, the Sprint and Samsung apps you could not disable or uninstall. 

Did you order from Sprint or Samsung. I ordered from Samsung directly to avoid carrier bloat. I hope it works out that way for me. 

How's the rf radio I. Note 8

Did you order from Sprint or Samsung. I ordered from Samsung directly to avoid carrier bloat. I hope it works out that way for me.

Did you order the Sprint version or the unlocked version from Samsung??

I ordered directly from Sprint.  They gave me a a big discount offer on the phone so I went that way. 

• Like 1

Does anyone own or has used a Samsung Dex? If yes, do you think its worth getting? 

Does anyone own or has used a Samsung Dex? If yes, do you think its worth getting? 

@Deval has one, not sure if username linking works on the forum

I ordered directly from Sprint.  They gave me a a big discount offer on the phone so I went that way. 

How did you get the discount? They are not offering me any discount on the phone. I just paid off my phone few weeks back so thought they would give me discount offers but was wrong.

How did you get the discount? They are not offering me any discount on the phone. I just paid off my phone few weeks back so thought they would give me discount offers but was wrong.

I paid my Note 4 off back in March or May.  They just sent me an email offering a monthly credit if I pre-ordered.  Not as good as the half-off deal for new lines, but it was almost 30%.  I'll wind up paying about the same as I did for my Note 4.  

I got an email saying I was eligible got 50% off on all my lines for a Note 8. I was told it's basically given if Sprint thinks you're a risk for churn, or if you're a long time customer.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I got an email saying I was eligible got 50% off on all my lines for a Note 8. I was told it's basically given if Sprint thinks you're a risk for churn, or if you're a long time customer.

I've always wondered about sprint's retention arm. I've been with sprint since 2000 and don't receive any news about credits or deals. Then again, I don't have much to complain about so I rarely call.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I never call them either. I'm guessing they look at the areas you frequent as well. 3 of the 4 lines live at a location that needs an airave, and my line needs the magic box for home. So I suspect they take that into consideration. If you live in a poorly covered area you're more likely to get retention offers.

Also, all the lines were out of lease.

I love the DeX unit. Use it daily on both my S8 and Note8

@Deval has one, not sure if username linking works on the forum

Yep, linking doesn't work lol.

• Like 1