Galaxy Note 8 rumors, specs, thoughts, etc

jonathanm1978

I have the Note 8 and I travel a bit for work. Most of the time it connects automatically to the wifi in the airports but as of recently it doesn't anymore. 

Anyone else notice this or did something change?

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 2:55 PM, mnjeepmale said:

I have the Note 8 and I travel a bit for work. Most of the time it connects automatically to the wifi in the airports but as of recently it doesn't anymore. 

Anyone else notice this or did something change?

I had the same experience about a month ago. My wife and I were traveling and at least two of the airports (ORD & DTW) are Passpoint Secure enabled, but neither my Note 8 nor my wife's S8+ would connect automatically or when I tried manually. I'm not sure if it's a Samsung issue, a Sprint technical issue or if Sprint and Boingo silently terminated their agreement.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone having a problem texting to Galaxy S7's? My note 8 and my wife's S8+ randomly have texting issues with two Sprint users in an s7. No one else.

Swarched around, and can't find a solution.

The text starts as the Samsung chat stuff, then the messages all just dissappear, ever delivered. It happens both ways it seems.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Looks like October 1 security patch is incoming. There's mention of some camera improvements coming along for the ride. I would paste the screens hot but it's too big to upload. So I extracted text below. 

Software update information  
• Version: N950USQU5CRIA/N950UOYN5CRIA/N950USQU5CRIA  
• Size: 444.45 MB  
• Security patch level: September 1, 2018  
What's new  
· A new Camera function has been added(AR Emoji, SUPER SLOW-MOTION)
· The security of your device has been improved.

Hmm... After further reading it claims security and camera improvements but keeps patch days at September 1.

• Like 1

Try as I may, I can't seem to mirror the Note8 to my laptop using Smart View on the phone and Windows Connect. It looks like it will connect but doesn't. Anyone figured a way to do this either with those two apps or any other way to mirror the Note8 wirelessly?

1 hour ago, floorguy said:

Has anyone else noticed a horrible battery drain since the last update??  I think it was about a week ago??

Actually, my battery life has gotten noticeably better since this last update.

Anyone else have this issue? Every couple hours I'm getting a full screen pop-up on my phone. Even if I'm not using the phone. In the corner I see a small arrow that brings me to Google Ad choice options. I've clicked all options to opt-out but it keeps happening.

Anyone else have this issue? Every couple hours I'm getting a full screen pop-up on my phone. Even if I'm not using the phone. In the corner I see a small arrow that brings me to Google Ad choice options. I've clicked all options to opt-out but it keeps happening.

Go into settings and see what apps have permission to draw over other apps. Disable or uninstall any that you don't use. Or, if it's not an overlay, press the multitasking button and see what the most recent app is.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 10/29/2018 at 10:23 PM, ingenium said:

Go into settings and see what apps have permission to draw over other apps. Disable or uninstall any that you don't use. Or, if it's not an overlay, press the multitasking button and see what the most recent app is.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried both and still getting pop-ups. Even when there are no recent apps still getting it. I'm going to search the web on a solution and may need to root my phone.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2018 at 3:25 PM, mnjeepmale said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried both and still getting pop-ups. Even when there are no recent apps still getting it. I'm going to search the web on a solution and may need to root my phone.

Haven't experienced anything like that, must be some sort of random app causing you problems.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone notice horrible Upload speeds on the Note 8?  When doing speedtests I am getting on average 0.1-0.5 Mbps at most.  It has been that way for a while.  I think it is probably Sprints oversaturated network and the fact that they are not focusing on Upload speeds as I see plenty of internet forums on Sprint on multiple types of device complaining about the same thing I am.   The Pings skyrocket due to Upload speeds at least for me.  It makes the data useless or non-existent due to the latency.  i'll get 2-10 MBps Download indoors but that doesn't matter if the packet uploads take forever to be sent.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, troyd96 said:

Anybody notice any T-Mobile LTE roaming yet on the Note 8?  I see people in the Note 9 thread posting screen shots.  I'm just wondering if they rolled it out for the Note 8 or not?

I have started seeing it daily in the last few weeks and I'm not sure why as I have always had native sprint coverage with strong signal where I live. I'm wondering if they are doing tower upgrades in my area so it is just using tmobile temporarily

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...