New towers?

jthawks

So can someone explain to me so I can explain to other's on why wireless carriers can't just put up a site in areas where needed. Most people don't understand why carrier's can't just throw up a site.

Thanks

You have to go to the township you have to go to the zoning board and get approval you have to get permits approved you need to pay lawyers to do it. If it's in front of a residential area you would have to fight the community that lives there and you have to get approval from the township to put it up

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

You have to go to the township you have to go to the zoning board and get approval you have to get permits approved you need to pay lawyers to do it. If it's in front of a residential area you would have to fight the community that lives there and you have to get approval from the township to put it up

thanks. What else? I know there is more to it.

Well there is structural differences with each Tower. You also have to factor in that if you have to camouflage the site like for example this site near me is a flagpole site. You need to sometimes make it aesthetically appealing to the people living near the site. That takes time to modify and also if you need to negotiate with the landlord of the area the carrier is trying to put up a site. Sometimes the landlord want a certain amount of money per month to host the cell site. And also load Factor like how much can the site can handle in terms of weight from the equipment being put up on it. Also in terms of constructing a new site there's logistical problems like getting fiber to the site as well

• Like 1

Baby boomer generation also blocks them. That's why alot of areas (not freeway's) will see Small cells.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Baby boomer generation also blocks them. That's why alot of areas (not freeway's) will see Small cells.

Yes that's also a true fact I won't be surprised if they deploy small cells everywhere

Yes that's also a true fact I won't be surprised if they deploy small cells everywhere

Vzw has deployed 100's of them in alot of areas, att is working on them. Sprint is adding them in LA, Miami, NYC. Other areas are plan. I live Minnesota a couple popped up. Haven't seen here in the twin cities. Yet away. Lastest claims were Winter. Sprint needs small cells and,macros in MN still to many drops to 3G.

Vzw has deployed 100's of them in alot of areas, att is working on them. Sprint is adding them in LA, Miami, NYC. Other areas are plan. I live Minnesota a couple popped up. Haven't seen here in the twin cities. Yet away. Lastest claims were Winter. Sprint needs small cells and,macros in MN still to many drops to 3G.

In my area Verizon deployed only two small cells that I'm aware of

I haven't seen any small cells in the Twin Cities. I'm on LTE most of the time but I agree I still see 3G a lot. They need to keep improving.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I haven't seen any small cells in the Twin Cities. I'm on LTE most of the time but I agree I still see 3G a lot. They need to keep improving.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Have they rolled out band 26

Lucky for you they're just in the process of rolling it out here now

Where are you at?

New Jersey a former Alcatel lucent market and CDMA 800 is just being deployed in my area

Thought I'd sent you this. Got this in Wisconsin yesterday.6a33ad63f3ba4ad3684e0bf1a25060f0.jpg

• Like 3

Thought I'd sent you this. Got this in Wisconsin yesterday.6a33ad63f3ba4ad3684e0bf1a25060f0.jpg

Carrier aggregation is kicking in that's awesome :-) we have yet to see that here

South Jersey has CA and B26, they have for over a year now.

New Jersey could see 10x10 on band 25 in the future if Sprint starts doing it in cities where they hold 30mhz 15x15 spectrum.

New Jersey could see 10x10 on band 25 in the future if Sprint starts doing it in cities where they hold 30mhz 15x15 spectrum.

Sprint where I live still has lte holes

Sent from my F3213 using Tapatalk

Sprint where I live still has lte holes

Sprint has the least amount LTE. Even the least amount of coverage. That's why they need someone's helps to build out. Softbank doesn't look like they are.

Sprint has the least amount LTE. Even the least amount of coverage. That's why they need someone's helps to build out. Softbank doesn't look like they are.

Maybe a Comcast buy out would help

Maybe a Comcast buy out would help

It would. I've heard Comcast has the worst customer service. So I'm not sure about the one. T-Mobile or Dish possible or both.

It would. I've heard Comcast has the worst customer service. So I'm not sure about the one. T-Mobile or Dish possible or both.

It would probably make it worse in my honest opinion