I was wondering where people are seeing new sites from Mobilitie to transfer existing sites to the newer ones. They have claimed over 1,000 sites acquired but this is BS. At CTIA in September, it was all marketing BS but the rumors were they only have inked less than 200 sites, mostly in KS. At the clip they are going, Sprint will be screwed and will not be able to leave their current tower leases and may end up paying 3x-4x what their current lease prices are.

Any feedback would be appreciated as Softbank has already essentially cut off Sprint with any additional funding. A huge spike in op ex costs would really financially hurt the company and everyone's projects and jobs here on the board.

• Like 2

I was wondering where people are seeing new sites from Mobilitie to transfer existing sites to the newer ones. They have claimed over 1,000 sites acquired but this is BS. At CTIA in September, it was all marketing BS but the rumors were they only have inked less than 200 sites, mostly in KS. At the clip they are going, Sprint will be screwed and will not be able to leave their current tower leases and may end up paying 3x-4x what their current lease prices are.

Any feedback would be appreciated as Softbank has already essentially cut off Sprint with any additional funding. A huge spike in op ex costs would really financially hurt the company and everyone's projects and jobs here on the board.

I'm not entirely sure what your question is. If you are referring to the rumor that Sprint was abandoning it's macro sites in favor of small cells, that was proven to be false. Sprint is not stepping away from their macro sites and has no plans to dismantle them en masse. They may move a few sites were it proves to provide real cost savings or truly better coverage.

I am not sure how to find how many deals mobilitie has signed because they used so many different names when they applied for permits.

The more important question is how many are already built. That is very hard to track when they could look like anything and at the same time verizon is also putting them up and they can look the same. We do know of a few built in LA you would have to look through that thread to see them. There are also a few NYC GCIs being attributed to Clearwire small cell convertions. I am not sure who put up the ODAS sites but there have been a few found across the US in Premier threads.

I am not sure who put up the ODAS sites but there have been a few found across the US in Premier threads.

The ODAS in SF is Crown Castle. Was installed around 2011-2012 time frame I believe, and was upgraded to have LTE. The ODAS nodes seem to physically tie into a nearby macro site.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Since sprint is having Mobilitie roll out their small cells nationwide and small cells are such a critical part of Sprint's network strategy, how come there isn't much discussion on S4GRU about Mobilitie/Sprint's small cell deployment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Since sprint is having Mobilitie roll out their small cells nationwide and small cells are such a critical part of Sprint's network strategy, how come there isn't much discussion on S4GRU about Mobilitie/Sprint's small cell deployment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly, because sprint isn't releasing as much information about them. There is talks in market threads about it. But without a lot of information about how they deploying them. Not much to really talk about, until we start seeing a lot more pop up. I don't see a lot of talk about them increasing 

• Like 1

So some great news here! I have spotted 2 mobilitie small cells in Chesterfield Twp, MI,  48047 on Jefferson ave and 21 mile rd, as well as another at Sugarbush rd and Jefferson... two horrendous areas where data is non-existent and maybe make a decent phone call and stay connected if you're lucky.  I am currently with at&t and have been taken advantage of sensorly's iphone app now capable of mapping coverage; which is how i discovered these sites. I'm curious to see what kind of improvements these two relatively close cells will improve performance but have no way to test as I am no longer a sprint subscriber. If anyone living relatively close to the area and is willing to visit these sites and report on their performance it would be awesome to see what speeds these site can provide as well as range. Let me know! In the Detroit Market it seems that Sprint's small cell deployment speed is on par with Verizon's. New small cells popping up everywhere. If anyone is able to take some time out of their day, let us know what you can find. Even map it on Sensorly if you can! If this fast pace installation continues I may consider moving my account back to Sprint. SO EXCITING!

Side note: Still no small cell deployment that I have seen from at&t or magenta, also a note; Verizon has been erecting new macro sites like crazy in and around the whole Detroit Metropolitan area. 

Edit: If I have time within the next few weeks during daylight hours(screw daylight savings time) I will upload shots of these two new small cells. Also, I have spotted between 5-10 of these same sites in Saint Clair Shores MI, along intersections on Harper Ave, and about 2 dozen in the Downtown/Midtown/Corktown neighborhoods in Detroit. 3 have been recently installed along Warren Ave 48201 right near Wayne State University's campus.

• Like 2

...and now Sprint's back to saying they'll be focusing on their macro network?

https://www.dslreports.com/shownews/With-Merger-Dead-Sprint-Again-Promises-a-Better-Network-140685

Haven't noticed small cells coming into play here either way, but I also haven't been looking carefully enough to notice anything that isn't obvious from SignalCheck, so maybe I'm missing some.

9 minutes ago, iansltx said:

...and now Sprint's back to saying they'll be focusing on their macro network?

https://www.dslreports.com/shownews/With-Merger-Dead-Sprint-Again-Promises-a-Better-Network-140685

Haven't noticed small cells coming into play here either way, but I also haven't been looking carefully enough to notice anything that isn't obvious from SignalCheck, so maybe I'm missing some.

They still appear to be planning small cells in a big way. But they were going to try and use them to expand the network to an extent. They are switching back to macro sites for expansion.

I have seen a few small cells starting to pop up in Kansas City. Unfortunately I was not driving so didn't have the opportunity to investigate further.