iPhone 7/7 Plus User's Thread

MacinJosh

On 10/5/2017 at 2:01 PM, danlodish345 said:

hmm good and what color is your iphone? i got rose gold...

I got Black. I’ve had Gold for my last two phones and wanted a change of scenery, specificly the front of the device.

-Anthony

1 hour ago, anthony.spina97 said:

I got Black. I’ve had Gold for my last two phones and wanted a change of scenery, specificly the front of the device.

-Anthony

i have the gold version and it looks ok ..and battery life seems great so i guess i m lucky.

On 9/15/2017 at 7:09 AM, Steve Dean said:

It should be.  The A1661 model (the Sprint variant) has the same specs.  All that should be needed is to switch the SIM card. 

Will HD calling be supported in the A1660 ? 

• 3 weeks later...

Sprint HD voice supported on Verizon model iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus? I am calling my brother on Sprint which has Verizon model, noticed no HD voice on my unlocked S8+.

7 hours ago, bucdenny said:

Sprint HD voice supported on Verizon model iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus? I am calling my brother on Sprint which has Verizon model, noticed no HD voice on my unlocked S8+.

Were both of you on Sprint?

-Anthony

Everything is supported between later V and S iPhone models.(WiFi calling, CA, HD Voice, etc.) Nice thing about iPhones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 10/28/2017 at 7:00 PM, bucdenny said:

HD voice is more of a software thing, it's pushed to the device through carrier updates once your device connects to the network. If the device works on the Sprint network, it'll have HD voice. 

Is there an indicator in iOS 11 somewhere that would tell me when a call is connected with HAD Voice?

Android phones have a little HD icon on the call screen. Is there something like that for iOS 11?

3 hours ago, DurhamHusker said:

Is there an indicator in iOS 11 somewhere that would tell me when a call is connected with HAD Voice?

Android phones have a little HD icon on the call screen. Is there something like that for iOS 11?

There is not in iOS 11, no. 

• Like 1

Is there an iPhone X User thread? I got mine on launch day lol. I have a question in relation to the engineering screen. It no longer shows the band that you're on. Not sure if it's an iOS thing or just an iPhone X thing.

Is there an iPhone X User thread? I got mine on launch day lol. I have a question in relation to the engineering screen. It no longer shows the band that you're on. Not sure if it's an iOS thing or just an iPhone X thing.

My iPX definitely still shows the band. You looking at Field Test?

• Like 1

My iPX definitely still shows the band. You looking at Field Test?

Okay now it's showing the band. When I was at work. I did a speed test and I got 40mbps down & 5 up so I wanted to see if it was B41. When I went on the field test screen gave like 8 digits starting with 24, so I was confused.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IsaiahL said:

Okay now it's showing the band. When I was at work. I did a speed test and I got 40mbps down & 5 up so I wanted to see if it was B41. When I went on the field test screen gave like 8 digits starting with 24, so I was confused.

That happens from time to time on all Qualcomm iPhones since the iPhone 6S. Just restart Field Test. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, IamMrFamous07 said:

does the verizon iphone 7 plus work on Sprint's band 41 network? i checked apple's website and it look like it does but I wanted to double check

Yes, the iPhone model for Verizon is the same model that Sprint uses.  All that is needed is switching the SIM card.

Update: I just reached 1%. My total usage for today was 12hrs & 15 mins with 13hrs & 50 mins of standby. By Apple standards that’s amazing! I don’t think I’ve ever gotten more than 8hrs out of an iPhone. My 7 plus definitely didn’t pass 8 to often.

• 11 months later...

My 7 plus screen was broken so I went back to using my older Nexus 6p in the meantime.  Wow! I was roaming on T-Mobile B2 and B4 most of the time.  I could actually use my phone at the supermarket.  I even was using T-Mobile B4 at my house which normally has a weak Sprint B26.

So I fixed the screen on my iPhone 7 plus and now I can't roam on T-Mobile.  Went to the same supermarket this morning and the phone was as useless as it was before.  On the phone now with Sprint but it doesn't appear that are able to help me. 

2 hours ago, Mitsospiros said:

So I fixed the screen on my iPhone 7 plus and now I can't roam on T-Mobile.  Went to the same supermarket this morning and the phone was as useless as it was before.  On the phone now with Sprint but it doesn't appear that are able to help me. 

You need to wait until iOS 12.1

• Like 1