iPhone 7/7 Plus User's Thread

MacinJosh

lol, he's a good friend and giving me stuff....That's all!!!!

We both have iPhone 7+ and from the Ohio area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So update today or mañana? Seems like we are back to every two weeks on the beta updates.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok. I did it. I ordered an iPhone 7 Plus 256GB in Gold this morning. I should have it by Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

I am holding out for the next model.  Hopefully it will support HPUE.  I did spend the gift card from the raffle last month for a new iPad Pro for my wife.  She dropped her last iPad and shattered the screen but it was having other issues before then.  I also invested in a new Lifeproof Nuud case for it.  Let us hope it survives.

• Like 2

I am holding out for the next model. Hopefully it will support HPUE. I did spend the gift card from the raffle last month for a new iPad Pro for my wife. She dropped her last iPad and shattered the screen but it was having other issues before then. I also invested in a new Lifeproof Nuud case for it. Let us hope it survives.

The only reason I did upgrade is because I wanted out of my Lease. HPUE won't affect me too much because I have usable B26 at home when I'm not using Wifi. When B41 finally launches I'll be a happy camper though.

• Like 2

The only reason I did upgrade is because I wanted out of my Lease. HPUE won't affect me too much because I have usable B26 at home when I'm not using Wifi. When B41 finally launches I'll be a happy camper though.

I understand.  I hope this weekend my wife and I can go to the Sprint store in town and see if we can reduce our current spend for the current services from Sprint.  I believe we can save approximately 80 to 100 dollars a month.  Will just have to ask and see.

• Like 1

I understand. I hope this weekend my wife and I can go to the Sprint store in town and see if we can reduce our current spend for the current services from Sprint. I believe we can save approximately 80 to 100 dollars a month. Will just have to ask and see.

Hopefully you will be able to save. I'm dropping back to Framily with 3GB data so my bill doesn't go up much for upgrading.

I don't know why I waited so long to get the 7 Plus. I love this phone!

I've been thinking of switching from my Nexus 6 to the iPhone 7 plus. I'll probably wait and see if the 7s plus has AMOLED display this year.
  • Like 1

I've been thinking of switching from my Nexus 6 to the iPhone 7 plus. I'll probably wait and see if the 7s plus has AMOLED display this year.

Why wait just for that?  LCD on 7/7+ is pretty much top notch (accuracy, brightness, wide color gamut), easily on par with SAMSUNG AMOLED.  Remember, not all AMOLED (and LCDs) are created equal...even when come from same manufacturer.

Link: http://www.displaymate.com/iPhone7_ShootOut_1.htm

Edited by MadTiger

I don't know why I waited so long to get the 7 Plus. I love this phone!

If you are in the BETA program, then you will notice pretty damn good Portrait mode!  Compared to normal (non-beta) iOS software, the Portrait mode in latest beta software is significantly better!  :tu:

Edited by MadTiger
  • Like 1

Why wait just for that? LCD on 7/7+ are pretty much top notch (accuracy, brightness, wide color gamut), easily on par with SAMSUNG AMOLED. Remember, not all AMOLED (and LCDs) are created equal...even when come from same manufacturer.

Link: http://www.displaymate.com/iPhone7_ShootOut_1.htm

That's the biggest thing other than HPUE
  • Like 1

If you are in the BETA program, then you will notice pretty damn good Portrait mode! Compared to normal (non-beta) iOS software, the Portrait mode in latest beta software is significantly better! :tu:

I use the app from the apple store called camera + it allows me to use each camera individualy ...and the secondary lense is. Definitely telephoto the zoom is pretty good:)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I use the app from the apple store called camera + it allows me to use each camera individualy ...and the secondary lense is. Definitely telephoto the zoom is pretty good:)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I had this app too but then i found that Apple camera app is pretty good at determining when to use and not to use telephoto lens.  When it would not use it even when zooming, it is because using the actual telephoto lens in that situation looks like crap.  

I do like the Portrait mode...i have gotten pretty darn good photos out of it!

If you are in the BETA program, then you will notice pretty damn good Portrait mode! Compared to normal (non-beta) iOS software, the Portrait mode in latest beta software is significantly better! :tu:

Many other photo enhancements with beta?

I'm on Dev preview and take many photos of the kids daily....

Many other photo enhancements with beta?

I'm on Dev preview and take many photos of the kids daily....

Not sure...but i have seen significant improvement in Portrait mode...the border is much cleaner now vs. before when it was first released.

Edited by MadTiger

If so, and we're only 6 mos away from iPhone 8/Edition, then i would wait...no need to jump now.

Hopefully HPUE will be a part of the next model.  Apple has known about HPUE since December.  We will just have to wait and see.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It would have look much better if the front was black.

Yeah, I don't get why Apple can't make the fronts of the iPhones the same color as the backs.

Or is that just their "style".  To have the front either white or black.

Edited by clbowens