DSU unlock what's the delay?

markjcc

iPhone 6s from lease paid off remaining payments and purchase option. Requested unlock, they told me 48 hours. 48 hours later I call back since it isn't unlocked still and they tell me 48 hours again.

Isn't there some policy by the FCC where if Sprint hasn't unlocked your phone within 2 days of paying it off you can submit a complaint?

I don't know the policy on that. ON boost and,virgin if you buy a iphone. which is paid for when you buy it they will not unlock for a year. Even then its like pulling teeth. Tried to get my sisters phone unlocked and, they basically didn't want to. Told me I just need to use MSL code to unlock then didn't want to talk to me after that.

• 3 weeks later...

iPhone 6s from lease paid off remaining payments and purchase option. Requested unlock, they told me 48 hours. 48 hours later I call back since it isn't unlocked still and they tell me 48 hours again.

Isn't there some policy by the FCC where if Sprint hasn't unlocked your phone within 2 days of paying it off you can submit a complaint?

I know, they really are jerks about unlocking.

I unlocked a samsung shortly after I bought it.  They were nice enough to unlock it for me after enough of me bugging them.  They were also nice enough to remove the MEID from their whitelist, too.

I just wanted to try it out on T-Mobile, then had to fight to get them to add back the MEID to the whitelist.

Bottom line, finance your iphone through apple so it's unlocked.  For the iphone 7, buy a Verizon model in store and finance from apple.