Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Dying Embers Thread

SeanK_

Once again Sprint fails to deliver cellular gear s watch. I am so disappointed in Sprint right now. I guess I will get the tmobile version. It has volte this time around.

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

I think Sprint won't carry the LTE version because they don't have VoLTE available yet where the others do.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I will say my note 7 never gets hot unlike my girlfriend's gs7 that csn get really hot sometimes. Cooling pipe my butt.

Yeah when I had my S7 briefly it got really hot for no reason, my Note 5 never even gets warm.

Edited by BlueAngel

I use my Nokia DT-900 3-Coil Wireless Qi Charger to charge my Note 7 without any issues (so far) and it stays cool, unlike my LG G3 that felt hot enough to start a fire.

With Fast Charging, I am honestly surprised that more of these issues don't pop up. I am pretty sure that what nuked fast charging on my Note5 was using a bad car charger with a MicroUSB port that was, to put it mildly, extremely cheaply made. Wireless charging is the best IMO.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

It's on CNN Money.  24 in every million. Will take at least two weeks. better article: http://www.theverge.com/2016/9/2/12767670/samsung-galaxy-note-7-recall-fire-risk

Yup, epic fail.  This is one of the primary reasons manufacturers moved away from replaceable batteries was to control quality

What really went up in smoke is the resale value.  Battery life has been quite good.  But will likely need to take precautions while charging.

"Samsung concluded that the faulty batteries are to blame for the explosions. Samsung SDI is the group within Samsung that makes batteries for the Galaxy Note 7. That is, Samsung SDI produces the battery cell, but the battery pack production is outsourced to other firms. Korean ITM Semiconductor produces the battery pack for the Galaxy Note 7’s that are sold in Korea. ITM’s batteries seem to have been the ones that exploded. Meanwhile, most phones sold in China are going to have battery packs from Chinese company Amperex Technology.

The Herald says that Samsung plans to go forward with the September 1st and September 2nd Galaxy Note 7 launches in China and Europe, respectively."  source: http://bgr.com/2016/09/01/galaxy-note-7-recall-is-on-the-table-following-battery-explosions/

battery is easily accessible, but glued in place with a soft glue.  It says replacement of the battery is very difficult.

Best comment I have seen: " I guess if they had made the phone with replaceable batteries this would not have been such a big deal.....went to the lg G5 and haven’t looked back..."

• Like 1

I agree with a lot of comments talking about the quick response on Samsung's part. From first being aware of an issue to recall in the span of 10-14 days?

I cant think of a multinational/global corporation acting this responsibly. 

• Like 1

I agree with a lot of comments talking about the quick response on Samsung's part. From first being aware of an issue to recall in the span of 10-14 days?

I cant think of a multinational/global corporation acting this responsibly. 

Even though I agree, I can't help but to think how this shouldn't have happened in the first place. Technology ought to at least be safe enough not to have people needing to worry about such things having any possibility of this happening.

Besides, this is suppose to be a waterproof device. Just imaging a faulty battery and what would happen if there was a leak in the device, is scary enough,

I can't get any info on what to do. Sprint says go to Sprint Store, store says they can't do anything because I bought it on a 2 year contract, BestBuy say they dont have any info aka in Limbo stage, was told to call the recall number and they tell me to go to Samsung. Called Samsung and got no where.

I can't get any info on what to do. Sprint says go to Sprint Store, store says they can't do anything because I bought it on a 2 year contract, BestBuy say they dont have any info aka in Limbo stage, was told to call the recall number and they tell me to go to Samsung. Called Samsung and got no where.

Hmm I took mine to the Sprint store and they gave me 3 options, wait till the new one came in, get a different Samsung device till the replacement comes in, or get a different device. Not sure what being on contract or not has to do with anything. Lazy mofos probably don't wanna deal with it. If everything fails try tweeter. They seem to react when u put them on the spot.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Hmm I took mine to the Sprint store and they gave me 3 options, wait till the new one came in, get a different Samsung device till the replacement comes in, or get a different device. Not sure what being on contract or not has to do with anything. Lazy mofos probably don't wanna deal with it. If everything fails try tweeter. They seem to react when u put them on the spot.

I had someone from the Executive Team call me and she said she'll get back to me once she gets more details.

I had someone from the Executive Team call me and she said she'll get back to me once she gets more details.

I don't blame you! That would not be something to reckon with. I guess not charging it would be the safest bet. Hopefully they'll get back to you, if not continue bugging them.

I really love this phone, but don't want my house on fire or me. I don't plan on dieing anytime soon. >.<

LMAO, not worth it for a Samsung! Hopefully that won't happen, and yours is not one of the "30"

I took mine back today. Ill stick with the note 5 for now

You definitely don't want the Florida heat to contribute to a potential Note 7 meltdown, Terrell. At least now you have better band 41 signal. One question though, if the LG V20 were to be available on Sprint, would you consider getting it?

• Like 2

Update.

Talked to someone who was able to finally help me at Samsung and told me they will replace all the phones once they figure out the process for replacement. They will be a completely new device.

I just hope they get it all sorted by next month. I'm due for my upgrade Oct 1st. I don't mind waiting a little while, but I would like to get it sometime in Oct, hopefully along with a gear S3 if I can talk my wife into letting me buy it.