News in the Houston area?

Ronnie2012

Is there any progress in the Houston area. I live In Baytown which is about 30 - 40 minutes away from Downtown Houston and i'm back and forth between both cause of work. Baytown usually gets updated along with Houston, when Houston got 4g so did we. so i was wondering how long does it take engineers to upgrade the tower and how many do they do in a certain time period? I do notice a difference where i work with 3g speed ( 100 - 500kbs. still don't get over 600kbs but its better then 30kbs like before). Though i'm guessing that was just a quick fix update from what i see on https://network.sprint.com/ . So how will we know once Network Vision is in place?

Also. i know that Verizon and AT&T use 10x10s and the 700mhz frequencies which call for less towers and sprint is going to use 5x5s on the 1900mhz. I see people saying that its bad cause capacity and speed wont be as big or compare to Verizon and AT&T. But seeing how sprint already has so many towers that use the 1900mhz, capacity and speed shouldn't be an issue right? sorry i just recently started keeping up with technology and how networks work...

Sprint has a LOT less postpaid subscribers vs. AT&T and VZN.

There are actually many places where AT&T can only deploy 5x5 at 700MHz - not all roses for them.

5x5 at 1900 is just to start. They will follow up with LTE-advanced and add another 5x5 at 800MHz. They will then add Clearwire's 2.5GHz spectrum in areas with lots of data usage.

Spectrum is not something sprint needs to worry about for a few years.

The capacity of Sprint's LTE will be half, but Sprint has half the customers. Capacity will not be an issue. Not only because the size of a 5x5 LTE carrier is less, but also, Sprint has a very solid plan for additional LTE carriers for more capacity. Also note that AT&T has 5x5 LTE carriers in many markets. They do not have enough spectrum to put 10x10 LTE in every market in the country. Only 1/3 of the country in fact. I would take Sprint's 5x5 nationwide over AT&T's hodge podge of 700 LTE spectrum, myself.

You will likely only know when NV is in place by following S4GRU. We keep maps in our Sponsor area showing all the completed Network Vision sites. An example from the Houston area is below:

gallery_1_1_99872.jpg

• Like 1

The capacity of Sprint's LTE will be half, but Sprint has half the customers. Capacity will not be an issue. Not only because the size of a 5x5 LTE carrier is less, but also, Sprint has a very solid plan for additional LTE carriers for more capacity. Also note that AT&T has 5x5 LTE carriers in many markets. They do not have enough spectrum to put 10x10 LTE in every market in the country. Only 1/3 of the country in fact. I would take Sprint's 5x5 nationwide over AT&T's hodge podge of 700 LTE spectrum, myself.

You will likely only know when NV is in place by following S4GRU. We keep maps in our Sponsor area showing all the completed Network Vision sites. An example from the Houston area is below:

gallery_1_1_99872.jpg

Can you give an example of the Boston area, pretty please? :)

Can you give an example of the Boston area, pretty please? :)

Although it's off topic, below is a screen shot overseeing completed NV sites in the Boston market. Sponsors can actually view this map in detail, pan/zoon around and click on sites by visiting this page.

gallery_1_1_192479.jpg

• Like 1

Although it's off topic, below is a screen shot overseeing completed NV sites in the Boston market. Sponsors can actually view this map in detail, pan/zoon around and click on sites by visiting this page.

:D Thanks for making me a happy camper today! Good to see the progress they are making. Up from 20 sites on March 15th to 68 sites on April 16th!

• Like 1