LG V20: LG's Next V10? (LG-LS997)

Arysyn

7e10d141e981c6de8b253c40850290da.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

LTE Discovery app now provides earfcn on unrooted 7.x android phones.

ea577a9743fe1cda0453785a322bc510.jpg

• Like 3

Unfortunately, the local logs no longer function.  They may just be trying to force you to share data, thus dramatically reducing the need for s4gru.com.  Accuracy of site assignment needs work.

Profile updates now enable CA 41D.  This may have even gone out as an update last night.  Thus V20 phones should now be ready for 3xCA when Sprint enables it for all customers, based on site availability. 

Profile updates now enable CA 41D.  This may have even gone out as an update last night.  Thus V20 phones should now be ready for 3xCA when Sprint enables it for all customers, based on site availability. 

G5 says 41D now to. Got the update this morning. Now to find some actual 3xCA...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, how are people liking the phone?  I have one on the way.  How well does LG keep up with new Android versions and the monthly security patches.  Haven't had a non-Nexus LG phone sense the G2.

Love the phone. Battery life leaves something to be desired but there are so many nice little features. You'll like the camera. I suggest setting the front facing Camera to 5MP and rear facing to 12MP. If you use your phone in the dark I'd download "Night Owl" app so you can make the screen dimmer as it doesn't get as dim as my Samsung Note 4 did. Updates seem to be fine but I'm used to slow Samsung Updates. "Knock On" feature is great and fingerprint reader is accurate. I suggest watching some tips and tricks videos on youtube. I'd watch a few different ones as you might learn something new from different videos. Overall it performs really well. Enjoy the phone.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I am installing it now.  Hoping for debug screens that work properly, a band priorities screen that works at all, and detection and use of small cells without having to use airplane mode.

• Like 1

I am installing it now. Hoping for debug screens that work properly, a band priorities screen that works at all, and detection and use of small cells without having to use airplane mode.

how do you detect small cells with this phone

how do you detect small cells with this phone

Look for an b41 carrier earfcn you have never seen before using an app like signal detector while airplane moding phone.

33c5422f4fc0841ad0cb8bc090da179d.jpg15b6e11031c071e20f832aaf18894e29.jpg32a108416a0ad6af9224b4b025976710.jpg will check small cells later

Tested it next to a small cell. Airplane mode did not work, but then I checked it a minute or two later and it was on the small cell. Regular b41 was -106db, the small cell was -70db.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I am installing it now.  Hoping for debug screens that work properly, a band priorities screen that works at all, and detection and use of small cells without having to use airplane mode.

I think I asked this in a different thread,  but what do you mean when you say you can't use small cells with this phone? That doesn't make sense. I can see a small cell having issues meshing with the rest of the network for a short time after being activated, but one or two devices should not be kicked off while other work.

• Like 1

I think I asked this in a different thread, but what do you mean when you say you can't use small cells with this phone? That doesn't make sense. I can see a small cell having issues meshing with the rest of the network for a short time after being activated, but one or two devices should not be kicked off while other work.

It may not be added into the neighbor list of the macro yet. It should be automatic though if the macro network support son. It may be a nokia and samsung can't talk to each other also.

It may not be added into the neighbor list of the macro yet. It should be automatic though if the macro network support son. It may be a nokia and samsung can't talk to each other also.

It's airspan and they can just fine.

It just takes a little while before the small cell and macro cells recognize each others location and self optimize.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I understand that, but what he is indicating is that other devices find the small cell just find, but this one does not.  That is what I don't understand, either all devices should find it, or all devices should have trouble. One or two devices should not be excluded.

Exactly my point as you stated in your last sentence. The apple and samsung guys had no such issues at the same sites. That might now be fixed with this update.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Look for an b41 carrier earfcn you have never seen before using an app like signal detector while airplane moding phone.

Hmm i poke around town tomorrow or Friday and see what the deal is here

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Ok SO I have read around in here.. Just got mine today... Few things I have noticed and maybe some can chime in..

Signal  seems weaker to me, then my past g4 or g3, even the note 2 i had when LTE first hit, seemed to have a better signal at my house

Gets pretty hot fast just browsing the web for a few... concern??

the slanted tops and bots are going to suck for tempered glass

seems about as snappy as the v10 (i was with tmo.. and loved my v10)

The head phone jack???? soooo noticed a few fit funny, and a few fit good.. whats the deal here??

Ordered the zero lemon.. should be here tomorrow...

I will say the WIFI signal is MUCH better...Carried my 5ghz out to the road at around a 40-55%  where my V10 was lucky to maintain 20%... 

AND 

hahah, for kicks and giggles, i checked if my v-10 ballistic case fit... and it does pretty decent... long & Good enough to give me the extra grip till the new stuff comes...

SOOO a question... I stream a local sports radio place through their app. never an issue on other devices so I ruled that out..

But wether through wifi OR Data, it kicks out or looses the stream...after about 5-7 mins...checked over 10 times on either connection, same thing.... 

Is it something in the phone "going to sleep"??

Its driving me nuts....

Spotify didnt do it last night..

SOOO a question... I stream a local sports radio place through their app. never an issue on other devices so I ruled that out..

But wether through wifi OR Data, it kicks out or looses the stream...after about 5-7 mins...checked over 10 times on either connection, same thing....

Is it something in the phone "going to sleep"??

Its driving me nuts....

Spotify didnt do it last night..

It could be. I had a similar issue on a Nexus and it drove me nuts. I would lose a stream after about a minute or two of starting it.

Turns out the battery saver turned off data so the connection would time out. Check to see if you have some type of battery saving features on. If that doesn't lead anywhere, I recommend using a different app to stream. I use Xiia and it works flawlessly. Xiia has a search feature but sometimes some of the stations are missing. Let me know if you need help tracking the station stream URL.

It could be. I had a similar issue on a Nexus and it drove me nuts. I would lose a stream after about a minute or two of starting it.

Turns out the battery saver turned off data so the connection would time out. Check to see if you have some type of battery saving features on. If that doesn't lead anywhere, I recommend using a different app to stream. I use Xiia and it works flawlessly. Xiia has a search feature but sometimes some of the stations are missing. Let me know if you need help tracking the station stream URL.

It might be the app... 

So today i was pissed about it, so i just went through the website (you can stream there to) and it worked and stayed...

So unless its a battery saver based on app.. might be a conflict with the app and v20

• Like 1