LG V20: LG's Next V10? (LG-LS997)

Arysyn

Turned in my note 7 today to preorder the V20 and to my surprise the local Radio Shack already had 2 in stock and offered me 1 and I took it. It's not a Note 7 but is built very solid and has a beautiful display. Micro sd card slot and removable battery is a nice option and i just couldn't find anything else I was going to be happy with. The tiny always on display is a nice touch also

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

I doubt they will lose thier job but we arent supposed to sell til the 28th.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

After 2 Note 7's and then an S7Edge which i truly didn't like I went to a Sprint Corporate store yesterday and traded that in for an LG V20.

Great phone. The screen to me is so much more useful without those stupid curved sides. Build quality id excellent and I far prefer the aluminum to the glass back.

Battery has been excellent with almost no loss when idle.

I wear hearing aids and all phones are tough for me on the earpiece speaker and the little bottom speakers but so far, this is the best and clearest device for my ears that I have ever had.

WIFI calling works perfectly. WIFI in general is the fastest I have experienced....definitely beats my previous Samsung devices.

This phone runs much smoother than either the N7 or S7E did for me.

As for the screen....different but beautiful. I have it set with the blue light filter set to low to lower the color temp from the normal way to high 9000 K temp. As a photographer, the images on this look as good as they did on my Samsung devices....just a little bit different. 

• Like 1

I am so used to Samsung's TouchWiz ui it's hard to get used to the plain LG ui. But I have to say the phone itself is very nice. Apps open quickly, the camera is great, and the battery is decent.

Can any report on how the antenna is on the v20? I upgraded my LG G2 to a Nexus 6 few month before the G4 came out. Then when the G4 came out I got it. I've been using a G4 since it came out. I purchased my V20 on Monday and I'm hoping the performance is better than the N6 and G4. Both of them only connect to 1900 3G or 1x800 in area I could sit on B25 or B26. 

Is their any selection possible for 3xCA on the ##debug# or ##data# screens? Screen shots would be great!! Thanks

Sent from my SM-N930P2 using Tapatalk

I have the same blank screen for band priorities when in edit.

The firmware does have support for 3xCA, but more work is needed. 653a44488d381f682368cda0924e2357.jpg6ed7fbf81707446589f95e8e5ef290fe.jpg288119c03cc167e4ea1ed4195dc82212.jpg

My speed tests showed 3xCA to be equal or slower to CA. LG was first with B41. Hopefully again. There could also be other settings needed.

I tried it at two sites.

• Like 1

• The firmware does have support for 3xCA, but more work is needed.

My speed tests showed 3xCA to be equal or slower to CA. LG was first with B41. Hopefully again. There could also be other settings needed.

I tried it at two sites.

I only see 2 EARFCN, am I missing something? 

• Like 1

I only see 2 EARFCN, am I missing something?

Oops, correct photo added.

• Like 1