nobius

Repurposing an iPhone 6 to T-Mobile

I have an iPhone 6 with Sprint, and plan on upgrading to the iPhone 7 when it comes out. If my wife uses my old iPhone but is on T-Mobile, will she miss out on any LTE bands from that network? Would I have any issues with getting Sprint to unlock my old iPhone?

The Sprint version of the iPhone 6 lacks band 12 support, but other than that, it should operate perfectly fine on T-Mobile's network. As long as you fully own the device (no contract or easy pay/lease on the device) then you should have no problems getting it unlocked by Sprint, either.

-Anthony

• Like 1

The Sprint version of the iPhone 6 lacks band 12 support, but other than that, it should operate perfectly fine on T-Mobile's network. As long as you fully own the device (no contract or easy pay/lease on the device) then you should have no problems getting it unlocked by Sprint, either.

-Anthony

The lease comes up in August with a buyout option. So when I buy that out I should be able to get it unlocked at the same time, right?

The lease comes up in August with a buyout option. So when I buy that out I should be able to get it unlocked at the same time, right?

Correct.

-Anthony

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• I think you guys should get in contact with folks at essential since they are very receptive to user feedback. They have hosted multiple AMAs on Reddit.
    • The Pixel 2 XL also does SRLTE all the time. The big downside seems to be that SMS always uses CDMA again instead of using IMS. So long messages will be split, incoming ones are out of order (and delayed a minute or 2 sometimes), and sending takes a while. Otherwise, I suspect incoming calls will be more reliable.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Technically Sprint has surpassed Tmobile in network quality just not actual coverage. But I’m hearing it’s also some LTE expansion in this. As both the CEO and COO have stated “cell sites in new areas” in some interviews. Don’t get me wrong extended LTE is cool. But it’s still roaming at the end of the day. I would rather them fill those extended LTE areas with native LTE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • I contacted the Sprint contact on Reddit who has been very helpful with solving these weird issues. Sometimes it takes a while to hear back but I have high hopes. 
    • I tried to report it again to Sprint i got the same answer no reports and the one i thought made the report ticket they no have record of it.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk