Pixel and Pixel XL Preview (was "Fall 2016 Nexus | HTC Sailfish, Marlin Rumors")

Nrbelex

Higher end to start at $350? That's not too bad. Are the rumors still pointing to both being made by HTC?

Yes, the rumors say both will be made by HTC and will be nearly identical, but for their physical dimensions. But I would expect the price to be higher.

• Like 1

Higher end to start at $350? That's not too bad. Are the rumors still pointing to both being made by HTC?

S1 is the rumored lower end device...

• 2 weeks later...

The rumor regarding body materials came from a totally unproven site. No real reason to believe that given Android Police's track record and statement that "As far as we know, these phones are aluminum body, not polycarbonate." (Emphasis in original).

Also, nowhere have I read the phones will have different processors.

As for price, if the price is proportionate with the quality, I don't mind paying a little more.

AP has come out with some new pictures, looks like the S1 will be metal as well...

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/08/14/exclusive-photos-of-the-2016-nexus-sailfish-in-the-metallic-flesh/

This is pretty early for it to stop by the FCC for authentification does that mean this might be released earlier than October

Heh, If so, no 3xCA on B41 for sprint.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

It doesn't mention any explicit CA combinations actually so it doesn't necessarily mean it's not supported! I'll take omission based on the fact that it is carrying possibly a Qualcomm 820 chipset. And keep my fingers crossed

It doesn't mention any explicit CA combinations actually so it doesn't necessarily mean it's not supported! I'll take omission based on the fact that it is carrying possibly a Qualcomm 820 chipset. And keep my fingers crossed

I wouldn't go and say that, same set as HTC 10

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

It actually does.

Page 23 of SAR report.

WHAbo9Q.png

Of course FCC does not mandate full disclosures down link operations so it may possibly be a latent capability but that possibility doesn't look to bright as HTC (for once in their lives) disclosed the CA combinations in the FCC filing. 

It actually does.

Page 23 of SAR report.

u killed me! I died a lil inside just now!

Usually Google rolls out its next Android release such that the new Nexus (or Nexuses) gets it first; since at least one third-party device is advertising a September release with Nougat, that suggests the next Nexuses should be out in September too, if not late August.

• Like 1

Usually Google rolls out its next Android release such that the new Nexus (or Nexuses) gets it first; since at least one third-party device is advertising a September release with Nougat, that suggests the next Nexuses should be out in September too, if not late August.

I saw an article that seemed to indicate the LG V20 would be the first N device.

I saw the FCC document for both Marlin and Sailfish were recently released.  Will we see one of the excellent RF performance write-ups for these and the Note 7?  I'm hankering for an upgrade!  

• Like 1

Uplink RF for both 2016 Nexus handsets looks just fair, nothing special.  Low band max ERP generally runs about 17 dBm, mid/high band max EIRP around 20 dBm.

AJ

• Like 2

Uplink RF for both 2016 Nexus handsets looks just fair, nothing special.  Low band max ERP generally runs about 17 dBm, mid/high band max EIRP around 20 dBm.

AJ

Thanks, AJ.  I thought I must have been reading the report wrong because the numbers seemed far too low.  Disappointing to say the least.  Looks like I'll be skipping this round and crossing my fingers for the next batch.

AJ

hmm...

Those are disappointing numbers

I saw the FCC document for both Marlin and Sailfish were recently released.  Will we see one of the excellent RF performance write-ups for these and the Note 7?  I'm hankering for an upgrade!  

I'd like to join the chorus of those hoping for an RF performance preview. Those analyses set S4GRU apart from the countless other Android blogs and forums. Thanks!

S4GRU is honored at the request, and we appreciate the praise.  However, an FCC OET tested RF article probably is not forthcoming.  For several reasons, the article series largely has been put to bed.

Our FCC OET articles used to attract easily over 10,000 readers.  That number has since dropped by around 75 percent, making the time and effort put into the articles seem less worthwhile.

And then on certain articles, people have gone on to say that we are "wrong," that handset X has strong or weak real world performance.  S4GRU cannot control the uplink RF figures submitted to the FCC.  To have people argue with them or dismiss them based on their personally biased experiences questions the reasons for writing the objective articles in the first place.

Finally, the gist of the RF measurements and capabilities (e.g. 3x CA, VoLTE, etc.) usually gets written into a preview or user thread anyway.

AJ

• Like 3