HTC 10 User Thread

WiWavelength

• 2 weeks later...

How do you do a "hard reset" on this phone? Holding power and volume up doesn't seem to work anymore after getting Marshmallow

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Try Power + Volume down OR Power + Volume up & down.

Nexus devices like Power + Volume down.

My HTC 10 just died.. ???? was on the charger and it never turned on again.

Worst thing is that HTC gave me the worst customer service

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Power and volume down is screen shot.

Typically, when you are doing a hard reset without going in the factory settings the device is off. With the device is off, press and hold Power + Volume down. This will power up the device into the bootloader.

Can't take a screen shot when the device is off, unless this is a new feature in the HTC 10 that I am unaware of.

Edit: In my earlier post, I assumed it was common knowledge to the turn device off beforehand. 

Here's are two videos just in case further clarification is needed:

Edited by HTCandroid

Typically, when you are doing a hard reset without going in the factory settings the device is off. With the device is off, press and hold Power + Volume down. This will power up the device into the bootloader.

Can't take a screen shot when the device is off, unless this is a new feature in the HTC 10 that I am unaware of.

Maybe "hard reset" isn't the term I mean. On my previous HTC phone (EVO LTE and One E8) I could hold power and volume up and it would come up and say "Continue holding for x seconds to restart". It was supposed to simulate a battery pull.

Maybe "hard reset" isn't the term I mean. On my previous HTC phone (EVO LTE and One E8) I could hold power and volume up and it would come up and say "Continue holding for x seconds to restart". It was supposed to simulate a battery pull.

I believe with the EVO LTE it was just holding the power button for 10 sec or so.

My HTC 10 just died.. was on the charger and it never turned on again.

Worst thing is that HTC gave me the worst customer service

What did they say?

What did they say?

I didn't really get an answer.

I took it to the sprint store and they told me the bootloader was corrupt. They were Abel to turn it on bit it was on a bootloader and won't charge.

I didn't really get an answer.

I took it to the sprint store and they told me the bootloader was corrupt. They were Abel to turn it on bit it was on a bootloader and won't charge.

Did they swap it for you?

All of a sudden, with no apparent firmware or app updates, the screen shot compressing during a text issue is fixed now! I have sent several today and they have been a good quality (no pixelation).

I made the mistake of stopping at a sprint store Sunday and played with the HTC 10 [emoji41]

Sent from my HTC One M9

They have it on display? You should have taken a rare pic of an HTC10 in the wild!

I had an odd thing happen to me the other day. I was on the Outer Banks of North Carolina by the Cape Hatteras lighthouse. I lost all service on my HTC 10 while my wife's A9 was still on LTE and usable. I restarted my phone and still had no connection at all. I was only able to get 1x when I roamed on US Cellular.

I had an odd thing happen to me the other day. I was on the Outer Banks of North Carolina by the Cape Hatteras lighthouse. I lost all service on my HTC 10 while my wife's A9 was still on LTE and usable. I restarted my phone and still had no connection at all. I was only able to get 1x when I roamed on US Cellular.

Did you try a profile or PRL update?

I am on prl 55054. I figured that was the latest PRL and I did not want to fiddle around with profile updates while I was out there. Bad experience in the past. I did look it up and it appears that it is a data roaming area for sprint.

• 2 weeks later...

HTC 10 drop test......

I saw this a while ago, I don't think there is any phone that can break it's record yet, dropped 31times.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I saw this a while ago, I don't think there is any phone that can break it's record yet, dropped 31times.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

you don't need to drop it, the OS will stop working or the motherboard will need to be reset. I've had 2 that they had to replace because of it. Needless to say, I moved away from HTC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you don't need to drop it, the OS will stop working or the motherboard will need to be reset. I've had 2 that they had to replace because of it. Needless to say, I moved away from HTC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Between my wife and I we have had atleast 6 HTC phones and we never had this issue.

• Like 4

My wife and I started with evo 4g to evo lte to a m7 I had, both had each a m8 and now we both have the htc 10. The only actual warranty replacement was the m7 I had for the camera purple hue issue. That's my meaningless anecdotal evidence. Pretty good if you ask me.

Sent from my 2PS64

• Like 2