Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge User Thread

SturgeonGeneral

If I wanted a generic s7 thread, I'd have created one. If you want one, go create it. I already explained once. Cases are different, edge panels and the software that drives them are different and battery life is potentially different.

The vast majority of the posts here are edge specific under one of those three categories.

Anyone that wants generic info can watch both threads. I didn't want to go slogging through nonspecific posts and the attendant spam of "which phone do you mean?" posts.

I also don't want to keep responding to "change the name" requests. Go make your thread and leave this one be.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Look,

In my post, I quoted someone else wondering if this thread was for the Samsung Galaxy S7 regular no-edge device. I wasn't complaining about this, so don't get offended at me for making a suggestion for the staff.

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but the staff here does take great steps to make this forum as neat and tidy as they can. There have been several merged threads I've seen since I've been here, and I've learned in that time that making a thread here doesn't guarantee that it'll stay that way. I perceive the staff views this site as a place people can contribute threads to, but not necessarily have it as that they way the poster intended. Often, the staff will merge or rename a thread to make it appear more organized on the forum.

Really, I'm not trying to insult you or criticize/control your thread. However, this is the way the staff seems to run the site where they try to unify things here. I don't have either Samsung device, so I'm not going to start a thread about either. I do know that if one is started for the regular S7, while it may stay, it also may not. Again, the staff often does stuff to make things more tidy on the site, and figuring that the two devices are the same family, I also figured that I'd make a suggestion I think the staff is more likely to want. I could be wrong about it, but again I may not. However, please understand I wasn't attacking you or your thread. I have good reasons I mentioned for why I gave this suggestion, and actually if it were up to me, I would rather it be the way you want it, because I do agree with you.

I like S4GRU and I respect its policies, but I do believe some of the organizational stuff that goes on sometimes is a bit much. There are some good threads better left alone as the creator made them that gets merged, renamed, etc. Then again, there are those the staff does make appear better by doing those things.

Look,

In my post, I quoted someone else wondering if this thread was for the Samsung Galaxy S7 regular no-edge device. I wasn't complaining about this, so don't get offended at me for making a suggestion for the staff.

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but the staff here does take great steps to make this forum as neat and tidy as they can. There have been several merged threads I've seen since I've been here, and I've learned in that time that making a thread here doesn't guarantee that it'll stay that way. I perceive the staff views this site as a place people can contribute threads to, but not necessarily have it as that they way the poster intended. Often, the staff will merge or rename a thread to make it appear more organized on the forum.

Really, I'm not trying to insult you or criticize/control your thread. However, this is the way the staff seems to run the site where they try to unify things here. I don't have either Samsung device, so I'm not going to start a thread about either. I do know that if one is started for the regular S7, while it may stay, it also may not. Again, the staff often does stuff to make things more tidy on the site, and figuring that the two devices are the same family, I also figured that I'd make a suggestion I think the staff is more likely to want. I could be wrong about it, but again I may not. However, please understand I wasn't attacking you or your thread. I have good reasons I mentioned for why I gave this suggestion, and actually if it were up to me, I would rather it be the way you want it, because I do agree with you.

I like S4GRU and I respect its policies, but I do believe some of the organizational stuff that goes on sometimes is a bit much. There are some good threads better left alone as the creator made them that gets merged, renamed, etc. Then again, there are those the staff does make appear better by doing those things.

You're causing more clutter than you're saving.

You post asking to merge, then contradict saying you don't support. Both with long rambling posts. *Please* stop cluttering this thread.

If you don't have the device(s), and don't have anything to contribute in terms of question, answer, or interesting related trivia, don't post.

• Like 2

You're causing more clutter than you're saving.

You post asking to merge, then contradict saying you don't support. Both with long rambling posts. *Please* stop cluttering this thread.

If you don't have the device(s), and don't have anything to contribute in terms of question, answer, or interesting related trivia, don't post.

What?

I was responding to your criticisms and accusations of me when you griped about my trying to unjustly get your thread title renamed. Besides, that original post you complained about, wasn't anything to do with you. I was responding to another person here who seemed confused about where to post about the non-edge version of the s7. I made a simple suggestion to the staff, based on my knowledge of what I know them to often do with these threads, which is to make organizational changes to them often, in keeping the site looking clean.

However, in my response to your just criticism, instead of addressing my fair points, including the fact I understand your viewpoint in wanting your thread left alone, you then claim I'm cluttering your thread. All I'm doing regarding this, is to explain how this site's staff seems to have a type of operation where people can contribute threads based on their ideas, or news they've heard, products, whatever. however, that doesn't guarantee the thread will remain exactly as the creator intended. Again, this is because of how the staff chooses to operate things here, not as a free for all. Whereas like I said, I agree with you in a way there probably is a bit much of it at times. I wasn't contradicting my statements.

As far as asking me not to post here, I'll respect your request if it were not to talk nor refer to you, since that is fair, but asking me not to post here at all, is not. I wasn't even making longer posts until suddenly I had to defend my response for another person here to you. Had you not griped to me about this, there wouldn't be a problem. Instead, complain to the staff, because their policy is what much of this is about.

Also quick note, I definitely support there being two seperate S7 threads. One for the regular version, and one for the Edge version. Although, I also understand if there are staff reasoning for not wanting seperate threads, similar to when I suggested having a Nexus device thread, rather than having seperate LG and Huawei threads for the two Nexuses. All thought into both ideas of merging them together and keeping them seperate had valid reasons involved. Yet while I believe having two seperate S7 threads is the best solution, if that doesn't happen, there then ought to be notice either in the threads title or added somewhere at the top of the page letting people know this is for the regular S7 also.

Still, seeing as there are two separate threads for the Nexus devices, shouldn't the same apply here? However, I do understand this is a bit different in that this isn't an issue of separate device manufacturers.

Arysyn there is already different threads for the s6 and s6 edge+. There is no reason to suggest anything to the staff because they will do what they want and how they want.

I thought I could take it but your post they have been just long rants the last few threads. So I am ignoring you(your the only one) so I don't have to scroll through your post. So feel free to post wherever and however I won't see it.

• Like 2

Arysyn there is already different threads for the s6 and s6 edge+. There is no reason to suggest anything to the staff because they will do what they want and how they want.

I thought I could take it but your post but they have been just long rants the last few threads. So I am ignoring you(your the only one) so I don't have to scroll through your post. So feel free to post wherever and however I won't see it.

Even if you won't see this, the matter isn't about the S6 and the S6 Edge, it is about the S7 devices. I'm not ranting at all, only making fair suggestions that could be done to resolve any confusion between the two. I've advocated for both ideas presented, whether to have separate threads or just one thread for both devices. The only thing I've mentioned that could be an issue, is whether the staff would have separate threads or not. Perhaps they will, perhaps not. I've pointed out possibilities for both, which isn't ranting or criticizing.

Its sad to see good intentions so badly misunderstood here.

Any one experiencing unknown(18) in SCP while on wifi. I don't know if it is just my device or on all s7 edge devices. I think it only on wifi because when I turn off wifi things change correctly to what technology it is supposed to be.

Screenshot_20160308-155521.jpg?dl=0

Any one experiencing unknown(18) in SCP while on wifi. I don't know if it is just my device or on all s7 edge devices. I think it only on wifi because when I turn off wifi things change correctly to what technology it is supposed to be.

Screenshot_20160308-155521.jpg?dl=0

All. I get it too.

I'm also seeing reporting issues for LTE when out in the boonies and I lose LTE for 3g. On reconnect I don't get proper LTE reporting.

fd2c2608fc1ac35da06fda2f47c412b5.jpg

fc8833cb0c790fbe567bbd028ca6a2d6.jpg

3a912ade1b42db6e0e1772c640289df4.jpg

34daede5a72cdea9e86fa611848fcf61.jpg

All. I get it too.

I'm also seeing reporting issues for LTE when out in the boonies and I lose LTE for 3g. On reconnect I don't get proper LTE reporting.

Looks like SCC2 is missing in the service menu. Hmm... 

Wonder if it'll pop up when 3xCA is enabled or if the enginerring screens will stay that way though with them naming it SCC1 pretty much implies there are SCC2 and so on. 

I am new to Samsung Galaxy phones and can't figure out how to get the engineering screen can someone please help

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I like the *#0011# dialer code. The information seems to be dynamic and changes based on what technology is connected.

Is that a carrier aggregation related thing? 2 doesn't appear for 41^2 and I can give screen caps if you want to see.

SCC means Secondary Component Carriers so yes it is CA. B41² just means the GCI shows a second carrier is live.

I am new to Samsung Galaxy phones and can't figure out how to get the engineering screen can someone please help

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Standard ##DEBUG# or ##DATA# or the *#0011# should work. 

SCC means Secondary Component Carriers so yes it is CA. B41² just means the GCI shows a second carrier is live.

So, when I'm showing B41^2 on SCP, shouldn't I be indicating DL Channel (scc2):

on the engineering screen?

(I wasn't last night while on 0B14F303 - Plattsmouth, NE.)

Everything was still (SCC1)

I took screen caps.

845d71f5be6c0e73bf985accc4b8c6b7.jpg

b2f23a75090c987c02ddcbfaa372019b.jpg

09df77594ac31624220936ecbf8d8055.jpg

If you look at the download channel they are flipping. PCC is your phones Primary channel not the sites. It is not always PCC to first carrier then SCC to second carrier. Sometimes it is PCC to second carrier and SCC to first carrier.

It is a little confusing if you think of it straight up. You have to remember the site chooses which PCC you connect to for load balancing. Then your phone is like screw this I want the other channel too. Just remember you have to think about load balancing the upload side also. The upload channels are not aggregated yet.

So, when I'm showing B41^2 on SCP, shouldn't I be indicating DL Channel (scc2):

on the engineering screen?

(I wasn't last night while on 0B14F303 - Plattsmouth, NE.)

Everything was still (SCC1)

I took screen caps.

As mentioned previously, when you are on B41^2 it doesn't mean you are on CA.  It simply means you are on the second carrier of B41.  In other words, the second 20 Mhz channel not the first 20 Mhz channel.  SCP does NOT show you whether you are connected to both the first and second / or CA from a nearby site.  Only way to find that out is thru engineering screens..  Hope that helps.

Does anyone know how to enable video chat? I went into the phone settings but haven't found a way to do it.

Which app are you trying hangouts? Try it again the permissions did not come up the first time for me.

If you already set your permissions you have to change them by go to settings->Applications->Application manager->"Video chatting app". Then allow audio and video.

Which app are you trying hangouts? Try it again the permissions did not come up the first time for me.

If you already set your permissions you have to change them by go to settings->Applications->Application manager->"Video chatting app". Then allow audio and video.

I have a co-worker who also got the S7 Edge but from T-Mobile and they say it was jut on their phone, no app. I haven't had a chance to really look at it yet. Does T-Mobile have a specific app for video calling?

As mentioned previously, when you are on B41^2 it doesn't mean you are on CA. It simply means you are on the second carrier of B41. In other words, the second 20 Mhz channel not the first 20 Mhz channel. SCP does NOT show you whether you are connected to both the first and second / or CA from a nearby site. Only way to find that out is thru engineering screens.. Hope that helps.

Some. Does the dual dl channels in that engineering capture mean I was on CA?

Or does the lack of rsrp/rsrq/sinr data say I wasn't?  What is the hint that definitively says CA is actively happening?

I have a co-worker who also got the S7 Edge but from T-Mobile and they say it was jut on their phone, no app. I haven't had a chance to really look at it yet. Does T-Mobile have a specific app for video calling?

T Mobile is built into the dialer. Hangouts is in the google folder already installed on your phone. I don't see the need for it other than ease of use. Hangouts is not that many more steps if any.

Some. Does the dual dl channels in that engineering capture mean I was on CA?

Or does the lack of rsrp/rsrq/sinr data say I wasn't?  What is the hint that definitively says CA is actively happening?

I believe if the dl channels are both populated the site supports it but you may need to start a data session to see it connect to the SCC and start to populate the rsrp/rsrq/sinr.