Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge User Thread

SturgeonGeneral

It seems the recently released updates for T-Mobile and Verizon are more than just the security flash..  300MB and Verizon lists a number of fixes (but some seem carrier related).  So far a few users on reddit are saying positive things.

Has anyone else noticed that, since the latest update,  their GS7/GS7 Edge screen randomly "flashes", and then seems to revert back to what was on display 3 or 4 seconds before the "flash"? 

Has anyone else noticed that, since the latest update,  their GS7/GS7 Edge screen randomly "flashes", and then seems to revert back to what was on display 3 or 4 seconds before the "flash"? 

No, I have not noticed any screen "flashes."  But I have been occupied by these random epileptic seizures that I started experiencing lately.

AJ

• Like 1

Awesome to hear, that's why I never went to the S7 or S7 Edge it just wasn't worth it, both performance and feature wise my Note 5 stays right with the 7 series. But the 8 I would hope is a lot better, maybe I'll go check it out soon I am getting that itch, and plus I never use the spen anyway lol. How are you liking the battery life of the +? better than the S7 Edge?

Edit - Well the temptation got to me, just put in my order for the S8+, it will be here tomorrow. Good deal online no activation fee so it was $82.24 out the door, also ordered a case on Amazon for $15 which will be here tomorrow as well. Not a bad $100 spent. :D

$82 out the door from Sprint?   Lease?  Legacy plan upgrade?

I think I finally figured out a big part of my screen lock. That or they finally did some patching that helped. I shut this off. Combined with other high horsepower apps like waze and Google drive and Bluetooth and pandora it was placing my phone into screen lock and fouling up access to unlocking it. There were times the easiest way back in was to reboot the phone. 018bce5418dff693b1b32db29f9b14d2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Got an update on the GS7E yesterday. Anyone know what it was for? Security, I imagine. But I had also been experiencing severe screen mirroring issues with my 2016 55 inch Samsung TV. After yesterday's update, my screen mirroring function appears to be working just fine. For reference, my boyfriend's gs8+ NEVER had issues with the screen mirror feature and he did not receive the same update.

Got an update on the GS7E yesterday. Anyone know what it was for? Security, I imagine. But I had also been experiencing severe screen mirroring issues with my 2016 55 inch Samsung TV. After yesterday's update, my screen mirroring function appears to be working just fine. For reference, my boyfriend's gs8+ NEVER had issues with the screen mirror feature and he did not receive the same update.

The newest update ends in QF3. You can look in this thread when it came out, but I think it was around the beginning of the month. There haven't been any updates since then to my knowledge.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Next up for calling plus... dun dun dun...

I sure hope so. I would love to try it and then use it if it works well. I have two phones (one personal and one for work), so I can always use the other phone if I need to look something up while on a call, but I think it will be much more convenient to have calling plus enabled.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, it is. Less people have this phone now as it is getting slightly long in the tooth for the tech savvy and the "gotta-have-it" millenials. I still dig my S7E though but i do want to try out calling plus if we do ever get it.

My 18 month old S7 has officially bit the dust. Local repair shop says the main board is toast. Sprint techs telling me the same thing. No drops or water ... just quit working all of a sudden. Interesting that the report I got is that the display flex was creased and nearly severed.

Samsung is really pushing the boundaries of squeezing stuff into these geometries. I think I'm done with Galaxy devices.

Looking at the Pixel 2. Smaller battery than the S8, but maybe that means it's cutting fewer corners on the mechanical side of the design shop.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

44 minutes ago, DurhamHusker said:

My 18 month old S7 has officially bit the dust. Local repair shop says the main board is toast. Sprint techs telling me the same thing. No drops or water ... just quit working all of a sudden. Interesting that the report I got is that the display flex was creased and nearly severed.

Samsung is really pushing the boundaries of squeezing stuff into these geometries. I think I'm done with Galaxy devices.

Looking at the Pixel 2. Smaller battery than the S8, but maybe that means it's cutting fewer corners on the mechanical side of the design shop.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

18 months for a well cared for smartphone is not good.  These days I have been keeping my devices 20-24 months.  Thanks for the report.  It will keep me from buying a used S7 for my kids down the line.