Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge User Thread

SturgeonGeneral

Does the S7e support 4x4 Mimo and 256 qam on Sprint's network?

No and Yes. Mainly no S7e only has 2 antennas and sprint network does not do 256 qam.  Meaning your s7e will not use the full 4x4 but 2 s7e could be grouped together and receive at the same time using 2x2 for one and 2x2 for the other. Qam is just how complex the signal received the more complex the higher bits per second. When sprint starts using 256 qam the s7 should use it I am not sure at what code rate though.

Anyone rocking the zerolemon case for the non edge s7? Kinda want to compare it to a Otterbox defender as far as thickness, also dose it effect the camera or its flash when taking pictures? Thanks

Sent from a under water dust storm on my Galaxy S7 on Verizon.

On play music I accidentally deleted a song, though I was deleting it from play list. Now I'm trying to click listen on the play store and it says syncing music and the pops up wait later. It's done this a few hours. How do I fix this?

Sent from a under water dust storm on my Galaxy S7 on Verizon.

I have noticed my S7E hangs on B41 a bit better. Places I dropped to B25 now hangs on B41 in the -120s RSRP

When you are hanging on to B-41 at a -120 level, how good or bad is the service acting?  Is hanging on to -120 better than using band 25 at a much better level?    My old S-5 will only hang on to B-41 at a -114 to -115 level.   Even at that level, I see better service when it drops off the b-41 and grabs B-25.

You guys see that Samsung is doing a beta test for 7.0?

Downloaded the beta last night and it's been great. Pretty stable & smooth for beta software.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I just checked system update like you would normally and it was there. It's definitely better on the battery life and nice features that were on the Note7.

• Like 1

How do you sign up to be a beta tester?

Samsung Store. Type Samsung Galaxy Beta and click on the app and should take you to register.

• Like 3

Thank you SeanK for the heads up im running the N Beta now and oh i love it it totally reminds me of my Note 7 i really do miss that phone...My S 7 Egde is better with this beta.

No Problem! I'm glad they did this! Gives me hope this phone is at least getting updated and supported for a little longer.

I notice that the lag is better when you start the phone up and battery doesn't die as fast as it did when you didn't use the phone much. I love that the blue blue light filter came.

• Like 1