Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge User Thread

SturgeonGeneral

Well it took long enough to happen but an unlocked version for the US market supporting the major carriers has finally appeared.

http://www.androidcentral.com/galaxy-s7-unlocked

It'd be cool if it's bootloader was also unlocked. But that's probably just wishful thinking.

new update installed today on my S7E. what did it fix?

On my Sprint GS7E, it didn't fix anything for me but it did improve my battery life a bit.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

On my Sprint GS7E, it didn't fix anything for me but it did improve my battery life a bit.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Since the previous update and this last update, I have notice increased battery life as well.

I'm currently on the Unlocked 935U rom & so far so good. Here's more info about it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3412265

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Am I the only one bummed out over Sprint (supposedly) killing off the Galaxy Forever upgrade program for the Galaxy S7 Edge?

Granted, as per one of the articles circulating thru the web today, the program is still available for the regular Galaxy S7, but I feel its only a matter of time that Sprint does the same thing for the S7 non-edge version. 

The thought of allowing you to upgrade to any Galaxy phone, be it Note, Edge or not was a good one. But alas, no more.

A moment of silence for the termination of the program.

TS out

• Like 1

Today is day 2 on the 935U rom and I can report the battery life is better.

Unfortunately,however, flashing the 935U rom doesn't actually DSU the phone. I tried with my AT&T SIM card & I got an Invalid SIM message.

There is no detriment to voice, text, and data services. Carrier aggregation works as before on the Sprint rom & the speeds are the same.

Am I the only one bummed out over Sprint (supposedly) killing off the Galaxy Forever upgrade program for the Galaxy S7 Edge?

Granted, as per one of the articles circulating thru the web today, the program is still available for the regular Galaxy S7, but I feel its only a matter of time that Sprint does the same thing for the S7 non-edge version. 

The thought of allowing you to upgrade to any Galaxy phone, be it Note, Edge or not was a good one. But alas, no more.

A moment of silence for the termination of the program.

TS out

I haven't read up on this but how does this affect the current users that are on that plan?

I haven't read up on this but how does this affect the current users that are on that plan?

Current people will get their upgrade after 1e payments. Now if you want a 12 month upgrade its $5 a month and you can put it on any device whether its leade or installment.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'd thought to add here for anyone on AT&T or considering AT&T, the Samsung Galaxy S7 Active is an amazing device. Now I know why I didn't end up getting the S7 on T-Mobile months ago, now that I'm on AT&T with a device where I don't need a case for.

Between this and the iPhone, these are the best devices I've used. I still prefer ios to Android though. I miss some of the simplicity the iPhone has. Although, both have their merits.

I'd thought to add here for anyone on AT&T or considering AT&T, the Samsung Galaxy S7 Active is an amazing device. Now I know why I didn't end up getting the S7 on T-Mobile months ago, now that I'm on AT&T with a device where I don't need a case for.

Between this and the iPhone, these are the best devices I've used. I still prefer ios to Android though. I miss some of the simplicity the iPhone has. Although, both have their merits.

Dont let it get wet. It failed consumer reports testing i believe.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Dont let it get wet. It failed consumer reports testing i believe.

gremlins2-3.jpg

AJ

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

I am looking to upgrade from my HTC One M7.  It has mediocre RF performance at my office.  I'd kind of like to stick with Sprint.  Does anyone have any sense of whether I'm likely to have better luck with the S7?

I am looking to upgrade from my HTC One M7.  It has mediocre RF performance at my office.  I'd kind of like to stick with Sprint.  Does anyone have any sense of whether I'm likely to have better luck with the S7?

YES! GS7 has an excellent radio.

I am looking to upgrade from my HTC One M7. It has mediocre RF performance at my office. I'd kind of like to stick with Sprint. Does anyone have any sense of whether I'm likely to have better luck with the S7?

I upgraded from an M8 to the S7 and noticed a big increase in performance.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7

• 2 weeks later...

Those who might be using their GS7 Edge on the 935u rom, there is a security update for August.

• Like 2

Running the 930U firmware on the S7 and upon boot I'm often getting a pop-up about not being able to make a mobile connection, even though I have service and everything seems fine, and I'm also unable to activate WiFi calling, though it worked for a while (now when I tap the slider to turn it on, it goes through 911 address configuration, and then closes that screen and the slider moves back to off).

Any ideas for either of these?

The latest flagships on sprint all perform pretty well in my opinion.  The htc 10 performs really well if you would like to stick with htc, the s7/s7e/n7, g5 perform pretty good as well.

• Like 1

Even though this device doesn't really let me modify it too much (lack of Root), I must say this device exceeds my expectations on a daily basis.  Strong radio, water-resistant, great screen (I can actually use it in direct sunlight!), battery life is good, etc.  I hope Samsung keeps this up and continues to focus on great battery life.  If I had to choose anything hardware-wise, I'd have preferred them go to USB-C port, but you can't have everything. :P

• Like 1

... If I had to choose anything hardware-wise, I'd have preferred them go to USB-C port, but you can't have everything. :P

These help a little: https://www.amazon.com/Reversible-Micro-Cables-Omaker-Charging/dp/B0197OV2GU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1472570316&sr=8-3&keywords=reversible+micro+usb :) Reversible Micro USB Cables from Omaker.  Saves some frustration.