LG G5 User Thread (LG-LS992)

lilotimz

I was a bit apprehensive of updating after I read this, but I finally had the time and ran it today - thus far on mine, if anything the system seems even slightly snappier overall than before the update.

The only negative to me is the new way notifications are rendered on the pulldown in 7/Nougat - I do like the 'grouped' notification aspect on something like Score or ESPN apps from a functional perspective, but the overall presentation look versus how they looked in Marshmallow I don't really care for.

Sorry, I should have followed up and said that it did clear up after a few hours and get back to normal.  If it's snappier, I can't really tell.

I do agree that I don't like the appearance now and prefer the old look. 

- Trip

Sorry, I should have followed up and said that it did clear up after a few hours and get back to normal. If it's snappier, I can't really tell.

I do agree that I don't like the appearance now and prefer the old look.

- Trip

Not sure I like the new notifications either. It doesn't seem to keep SCP at the top.

Sent from my LG G5

Not sure I like the new notifications either. It doesn't seem to keep SCP at the top.

Sent from my LG G5

Yeah, my big problem is that when it's plugged in, the USB mode selector is at the top notification now instead of the bottom.

EDIT:  And, of course, it now has made a liar out of me.  It was definitely at the top the other day, and now it's at the bottom.  SCP was definitely not at the top though.

- Trip

Yeah, my big problem is that when it's plugged in, the USB mode selector is at the top notification now instead of the bottom.

EDIT: And, of course, it now has made a liar out of me. It was definitely at the top the other day, and now it's at the bottom. SCP was definitely not at the top though.

- Trip

You can go into the Android settings for SCP (App Info) and change the notification priority to keep it always at the top. I do the opposite with Tapatalk notifications, putting them always at the bottom and keeping the icon from cluttering up my status bar.

I also didn't like the new notifications on N at first, but they grow on you eventually.

Sent from my Pixel XL

I never have issues with anything. Maybe I'm just the lucky one , until now. Everytime I open up Chrome I'm like I've got the weirdest ping issue ever. Just checking in to see if anyone's having a slow issue going. To. I do have a hundred megabit connection where I do love just so you all know. Just give me your thoughts please thank you

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

You can go into the Android settings for SCP (App Info) and change the notification priority to keep it always at the top. I do the opposite with Tapatalk notifications, putting them always at the bottom and keeping the icon from cluttering up my status bar.

I also didn't like the new notifications on N at first, but they grow on you eventually.

Sent from my Pixel XL

I don't actually see a notification priority setting in the LG menu. Just an option to show or block notifications. 

I never have issues with anything. Maybe I'm just the lucky one , until now. Everytime I open up Chrome I'm like I've got the weirdest ping issue ever. Just checking in to see if anyone's having a slow issue going. To. I do have a hundred megabit connection where I do love just so you all know. Just give me your thoughts please thank you

Have not seen this issue. I have Chrome open all the time refreshing weather pages and whatnot. Work WiFi, home WiFi and Sprint LTE no issues. 

I know there might be something on the back in that you guys might say. Honestly though I'm used to less than 10 and this is running as extender for my internet to my Kodi box. If you guys don't know anything about a Kodi box you better run I figured that one out

I know there might be something on the back in that you guys might say. Honestly though I'm used to less than 10 and this is running as extender for my internet to my Kodi box. If you guys don't know anything about a Kodi box you better run I figured that one out

You'd need to be a computer to tell the difference between a ping of 10 and 14ms. So, currently I am not sure what the issue is. It does not appear to be a device issue though.

• Like 1

I don't actually see a notification priority setting in the LG menu. Just an option to show or block notifications.

Have not seen this issue. I have Chrome open all the time refreshing weather pages and whatnot. Work WiFi, home WiFi and Sprint LTE no issues.

Oops, I forgot you have to turn on System UI Tuner, then go into Other, Power Notification Controls, and toggle it on.

d29bfe155e9e5bdd95f9f59c640294d8.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL

You'd need to be a computer to tell the difference between a ping of 10 and 14ms.

Seriously - I don't care what he's running, complaining about a 14ms ping is about like going to Ethiopia and complaining that you only have half a jar of Grey Poupon to compliment your 7 course filet minon dinner.

• Like 3

Oops, I forgot you have to turn on System UI Tuner, then go into Other, Power Notification Controls, and toggle it on.

Sent from my Pixel XL

System UI Tuner? Maybe I'm just missing it but I've never heard of that setting.

Sent from my LG G5

Sent from my Pixel XL

I'm pretty sure the System UI Tuner is not available on the LG G5.

- Trip

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone else gotten a System Update notification?  I do as of the past 10-15 minutes, but the official Sprint page doesn't list anything new yet:

https://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find-and-update-the-software-version-on-your-LG-G5/WServiceAdvisory_542_GKB95144-dvc10200007prd?INTNAV=SU:DP:OV:UG:LgG5:FindAndUpdateTheSoftwareVersionOnYourLgG5

Wondering if this might be the update to enable HPUE.

Anyone else gotten a System Update notification? I do as of the past 10-15 minutes, but the official Sprint page doesn't list anything new yet:

https://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find-and-update-the-software-version-on-your-LG-G5/WServiceAdvisory_542_GKB95144-dvc10200007prd?INTNAV=SU:DP:OV:UG:LgG5:FindAndUpdateTheSoftwareVersionOnYourLgG5

What version and what features or fixes?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

What version and what features or fixes?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

No clue, I haven't installed it yet.   And again, Sprint hasn't updated the site to indicate anything regarding a new update.

Edit:  A search on XDA seems to indicate the new version would be ZV9:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-lg-g5/how-to/zv9-soon-t3554348

Anyone else gotten a System Update notification?  I do as of the past 10-15 minutes, but the official Sprint page doesn't list anything new yet:

Most likely monthly security patches. HPUE isn't something that can just be enabled. It will only be on new flagships later this year.

Most likely monthly security patches. HPUE isn't something that can just be enabled. It will only be on new flagships later this year.

OK, I may be thinking of 3xCA then and got my wires crossed - I remembered something that was going to be enabled via an update on the G5 the first half of this year anyway.

OK, I may be thinking of 3xCA then and got my wires crossed - I remembered something that was going to be enabled via an update on the G5 the first half of this year anyway.

Yes 3xca was enabled earlier this year