HTC 10 Rumor Thread (Was HTC One M10 Rumor Thread)

Overstew

From the HAC RF test report, it looks like the phone supports VoEVDO, VoLTE and VoWiFi.

The deal killer, if I'm reading it correctly, is that it looks like the phone has NO GSM support, which makes it worthless if you plan on using Sprint Open Word or Sprint Global Roaming (since both only operate when the phone is in GSM mode). Of course, it's possible that they're lumping both CMDA2000 and WCDMA into the "CDMA" category, but the test reports for the other models call out GSM/GPRS/EDGE and WCDMA specifically, while this one either says CMDA or EVDO. I wonder if this is a reaction to the FCC requiring domestic unlocking of phones.

The documents say the 6400 (Sprint) model supports:

• CDMA BC0, BC1, BC10, EVDO
  • LTE Bands 2, 4, 5, 7, 12, 13, 25, 26, 41
  • WLAN 2.4G, 5G
  • Bluetooth 2.4G

Whereas the 6500 model supports:

• GSM 850, 1900, GPRS/EDGE
  • WCDMA II, IV, V, HSPA
  • CDMA BC0, BC1, EVDO
  • LTE Band 2, 4, 5, 7, 12, 13, 17, and 30
  • WLAN 2.4G, 5G
  • Bluetooth

I was really looking forward to getting this phone, but I travel enough that a lack of GSM support means I'm going to have to start looking at the GS7.

Edited by ahecht

That would be disappointing if it doesn't support any GSM bands, but I guess we'll have to see once it's launched and in the hands of customers.

Was awefully nice of HTC to send me a notification on my M8 for a promo, $100 bucks off the unlocked version OR the Verizon version.

Cute.

Still no pre-order.  Nada.  M9 Still full price.  I actually hate it when cell companies (and they all do it), keep last generations model full price when they full well know the new one is coming inside the return period.  As a consumer, I would feel pretty duped if I paid full price for a model that will be much less in a week.

Please do! I'm very curious about this device.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

So I have only had the device for a couple hours, but so far so good.  Good display.  Very responsive.  Coming from an iPhone 6s plus, I love the size, the feel, and the look of the device.  A happy medium in terms of size.  I think it is perfect.  I'll put it through more later today when I get home from work and type up an update.

• Like 2

So I have only had the device for a couple hours, but so far so good. Good display. Very responsive. Coming from an iPhone 6s plus, I love the size, the feel, and the look of the device. A happy medium in terms of size. I think it is perfect. I'll put it through more later today when I get home from work and type up an update.

Shots of debug LTE screens please! Thanks.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

I am on Verizon and they only have 1x Engineering, EVDO Engineering, and GPS as options in ##DEBUG#.  

I would love to by an M9 on clearance at half price...

I have my previous Sprint HTC One M9 that I can sell you for less than half price if you're interested.... Mods please don't kill me.  :D

It won't give you any more information than whats already known.

Htc has a huge focusing issue on the camera

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Its primarily in very low light situations but in any other condition its perfectly fine.

Can it be fixed with a software update

Well I wouldn't really call it an issue, its just slower to focus in really dark situations compared to lets say the g5 or s7. Overall the camera is still pretty outstanding.

Well I wouldn't really call it an issue, its just slower to focus in really dark situations compared to lets say the g5 or s7. Overall the camera is still pretty outstanding.

It seems like an issue.. I have to focus it manuly for it to focus

It seems like an issue.. I have to focus it manuly for it to focus

If you are having focusing issues in any lighting condition it could very well be a hardware issue.

If you are having focusing issues in any lighting condition it could very well be a hardware issue.

You were right when there was a lot of light in the shot the focus works great. Once you get into low light forget it

You were right when there was a lot of light in the shot the focus works great. Once you get into low light forget it

HTC has really been focusing on camera performance this time around so I am sure they will continue to provide updates to improve the auto focus in low light situations.

Sprint and HTC are doing a horrible job on launching this device.  This is supposed to be available in 5 days, yet you cant find any reference to it on the Sprint site.  The only way you could find anything at all on the Sprint site is knowing this link: http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/htc-10-launches-on-sprint-lte-plus-network-on-may-13.htm   or searching 'htc 10' to get said link while on the sprint site.

I hope the wait has been worth it.  Ive been fighting myself daily to stop from ordering an S7 since my M8 is basically dead after an hour off charger now.  

• Like 2

Sprint and HTC are doing a horrible job on launching this device.  This is supposed to be available in 5 days, yet you cant find any reference to it on the Sprint site.  The only way you could find anything at all on the Sprint site is knowing this link: http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/htc-10-launches-on-sprint-lte-plus-network-on-may-13.htm   or searching 'htc 10' to get said link while on the sprint site.

I hope the wait has been worth it.  Ive been fighting myself daily to stop from ordering an S7 since my M8 is basically dead after an hour off charger now.

In my opinion:

g5<s7<m10<s7e

• Like 1

I'm not impressed on how the HTC 10 has been marketed since the official launch. Prior to that there were all sorts of promo videos and screen captures talking about key feature points of the device ever so slightly though to build interest in it. Since then though, HTC and the carriers have failed to keep up with the marketing of the HTC 10, along with giving detailed enough information about important features of its technical specifications. 

I'm not impressed on how the HTC 10 has been marketed since the official launch. Prior to that there were all sorts of promo videos and screen captures talking about key feature points of the device ever so slightly though to build interest in it. Since then though, HTC and the carriers have failed to keep up with the marketing of the HTC 10, along with giving detailed enough information about important features of its technical specifications.

Verizon store only got 2 .. Said its not a hot phone they probably won't get anymore

• Like 1

I've seen no TV ads for it. I still will be ordering one on Friday!

It is a great device, but HTC will have to keep up with software updates to fix the minor issues