HTC 10 Rumor Thread (Was HTC One M10 Rumor Thread)

Overstew

Just placed my order for pick up in store. Lets see if it actually works this time ... In the past I have added myself as a "delegate" for in store purchases and was told only my step dad could do anything since he is the account holder. I have already paid and signed the Easy Pay agreement online so it shouldn't be too much of a problem, I would think.

So I have to echo some of the complaints that folk have had. Most of the stores in my area do not have any HTC10's or even a demo. In my opinion, as a hail mary device, they should be doubling down on the production rather than limiting it. Anyways, not a fan of the silver. I rather have a dark color. If you look at the HTC website only the unlocked version is available in the darker color. The silver is the only color available for both Sprint and Verizon. Despite all of this I went ahead and ordered via Sprints website. 

So I have to echo some of the complaints that folk have had. Most of the stores in my area do not have any HTC10's or even a demo. In my opinion, as a hail mary device, they should be doubling down on the production rather than limiting it. Anyways, not a fan of the silver. I rather have a dark color. If you look at the HTC website only the unlocked version is available in the darker color. The silver is the only color available for both Sprint and Verizon. Despite all of this I went ahead and ordered via Sprints website. 

I think all the carrier-specific US units are silver only at this point. TMo is launching on the 18th, no carbon gray either. AT&T isn't going to sell the 10 at all.

Is there any way to tell if a store has a demo unit short of calling or visiting?  I really, really want to put my hands on one.

- Trip

Is there any way to tell if a store has a demo unit short of calling or visiting? I really, really want to put my hands on one.

- Trip

Go to a Verizon store

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

That's true for M8/M9, but Uh-Oh for 10 is different.

Definitely only silver variant for Sprint, HTC has it up on its site now too. $600 with a coupon + Uh Oh, still probably a worse deal than $504 from Sprint. 

This might sound silly but lack of carbon gray for Sprint just tips the balance for me towards getting an unlocked one from HTC and using it on TMo. I've had 6 different black / dark gray Sprint HTC phones, not getting a silver one now... Also fed up with lack of development for Sprint on XDA. This will only get worse for HTC 10 as there's only 3 SKUs - international, US unlocked and Sprint. Will keep my SERO account active in case the rumored HTC Nexus this year turns out to be comparable to HTC 10.

Makes me nervous that if HTC does make the Nexus it will only be released in one color and not 4 like the 6P...

Makes me nervous that if HTC does make the Nexus it will only be released in one color and not 4 like the 6P...

Shouldn't be an issue with the new Nexi as there are no different carrier versions and region SKUs.

Got mine during lunch, it's OK, that's all I can say. Got to work and noticed a black "burn" mark on the lower left hand corner. And the keyboard is quite "sticky" had to switch to the Google keyboard. Needless to say I'll have to take it back as soon as I leave work this evening. Quite disappointing to say the least.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Downloaded the official HTC keyboard since its what I'm used to. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't switch to it, or find the HTC mail or calendar apps. Then I realized, they unbundled all those! I like the idea!

• Like 1

Got mine during lunch, it's OK, that's all I can say. Got to work and noticed a black "burn" mark on the lower left hand corner. And the keyboard is quite "sticky" had to switch to the Google keyboard. Needless to say I'll have to take it back as soon as I leave work this evening. Quite disappointing to say the least.

Haven't met an OEM keyboard that I liked ... always go straight to Google Keyboard. Sucks on the "burn" mark. Can you elaborate on what you mean? Screen burn or an actual burn? 

Noticed on the coverage map that LTE roaming is not shown for the HTC 10.  Is this an error because the phone is so new, or is there actually something preventing the phone from LTE roaming?  That will be a deal breaker if true.

- Trip

Noticed on the coverage map that LTE roaming is not shown for the HTC 10.  Is this an error because the phone is so new, or is there actually something preventing the phone from LTE roaming?  That will be a deal breaker if true.

- Trip

It hasn't shown for other devices that actual do roam, at least initially. So hopefully the maps just haven't caught up yet.

I also disliked the keyboard, too much "stuff" on it. But Google keyboard is nice!

Haven't met an OEM keyboard that I liked ... always go straight to Google Keyboard. Sucks on the "burn" mark. Can you elaborate on what you mean? Screen burn or an actual burn? 

I'm gonna have to try out the Google Keyboard. I keep hearing rave reviews about it on both Android and even the new iOS version. I've been using Swiftkey for the past few years, if you guys have used that before, how would you say it compares to Google Keyboard?

I'm gonna have to try out the Google Keyboard. I keep hearing rave reviews about it on both Android and even the new iOS version. I've been using Swiftkey for the past few years, if you guys have used that before, how would you say it compares to Google Keyboard?

Probably has more features, I used it a long time ago, but it's been long enough I don't really remember it. I just like the cleanness of the Google keyboard. My dad uses Swiftkey and his swiping always seems to have more errors than mine (google) ... but that may or may not be the operator ;)

That's true for M8/M9, but Uh-Oh for 10 is different.

Definitely only silver variant for Sprint, HTC has it up on its site now too. $600 with a coupon + Uh Oh, still probably a worse deal than $504 from Sprint. 

This might sound silly but lack of carbon gray for Sprint just tips the balance for me towards getting an unlocked one from HTC and using it on TMo. I've had 6 different black / dark gray Sprint HTC phones, not getting a silver one now... Also fed up with lack of development for Sprint on XDA. This will only get worse for HTC 10 as there's only 3 SKUs - international, US unlocked and Sprint. Will keep my SERO account active in case the rumored HTC Nexus this year turns out to be comparable to HTC 10.

I got a S6 Edge after having the M8, and I never felt like I *enjoyed* the phone as I did my M8... I think that was because of the incredible development by the guys at venomroms.com...which are also developing for the HTC 10... check them out. They are the reason I'm probably going to get an HTC 10 -- if they come out with the Carbon Gray.

I got a S6 Edge after having the M8, and I never felt like I *enjoyed* the phone as I did my M8... I think that was because of the incredible development by the guys at venomroms.com...which are also developing for the HTC 10... check them out. They are the reason I'm probably going to get an HTC 10 -- if they come out with the Carbon Gray.

Yeah, Team Venom are great, had their M7 ROM at some point, but went a different way for my M8. However, the issue of carrier-specific development being dicey will always remain. Even the ROMs that are supposedly compatible with all 4 major US carriers often have some Sprint-specific bugs. Custom kernels often aren't ported to Sprint/Verizon at all (sigh, flar). Now that Samsung has completely locked down their bootloaders for S7/S7E, a non-Sprint HTC or a Nexus are really the only options for flashaholics.

Go to a Verizon store

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Tried it.  They only had fake phones, nothing actually there.  They had an HTC 10 model, but that was it.

At the Sprint store, they didn't even know the HTC 10 existed.  I did get to see the G5 and it's better than I expected.

- Trip

• Like 1

Tried it. They only had fake phones, nothing actually there. They had an HTC 10 model, but that was it.

At the Sprint store, they didn't even know the HTC 10 existed. I did get to see the G5 and it's better than I expected.

- Trip

My Sprint store was excited that I was the first one to get the 10. I was there about 1 pm and they hadn't even put it om display yet.