WiMax shutdown schedule. Starting Feb 2, 2016

orangeblue

Interesting, I assume they'll turn off Topeka when Kansas City goes dark.  The signal has always been on here, but various times I get authentication errors.  Data counter still reports zero too!

Probably a good assumption. But that's a protection site, so what happens with service on those sites is a still a little up in the air.

From Columbus, OH:

WiMAX is Dead in Columbus.  Make way for CAx3 soon!!!

• 4 weeks later...

No, that is not an "article." It is a company/organization press release written by public relations people.  There is a difference between that and an "article."

AJ

• Like 1

No, that is not an "article." It is a company/organization press release written by public relations people.  There is a difference between that and an "article."

AJ

I loved how they claimed to be the only ones defending Internet access for the poor in America, but last I checked the poor could go to the library in most places and use the Internet for no charge. Inner cities usually have fast cable internet access, and the cable providers usually have inexpensive low cost options for unlimited wired access, so that whole claim reeked of BS.

I loved how they claimed to be the only ones defending Internet access for the poor in America, but last I checked the poor could go to the library in most places and use the Internet for no charge. Inner cities usually have fast cable internet access, and the cable providers usually have inexpensive low cost options for unlimited wired access, so that whole claim reeked of BS.

But, Ryan, if not for these Mobile Beacon hotspots, how will the poor afford to play their Xbox One online networked games and stream Hulu to their flat panel TVs?

AJ

• Like 2

But, Ryan, if not for these Mobile Beacon hotspots, how will the poor afford to play their Xbox One online networked games and stream Hulu to their flat panel TVs?

AJ

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2489019,00.asp

This was a condition of Comcast buying NBC. If one can't afford $10 a month then why would these need an Xbox or a flat panel TV?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2489019,00.asp

This was a condition of Comcast buying NBC. If one can't afford $10 a month then why would these need an Xbox or a flat panel TV?

You need to reboot your sarcasm detector.  It must have locked up today.

I was making light that poor people who supposedly cannot afford home Internet access frequently have nice gaming systems, TVs, not to mention, cellphones.

AJ

You need to reboot your sarcasm detector. It must have locked up today.

I was making light that poor people who supposedly cannot afford home Internet access frequently have nice gaming systems, TVs, not to mention, cellphones.

AJ

My sarcasm detector is fine. I was just making light of the fact that these people have lots of options other than Mobile Beacon. Of course I'm aware this is a country where the poor have big screen TV's.

I knew there was sarcasm but I felt I needed to make the point Mobile Beacon wasn't needed.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

No problem, Ryan. I concur on all points.

AJ