Western Va Sprint service

I have Verizon currently but with the "save 50%" deal out right now there's really go question about it. It would have my family about $90-95 a month. I know a few ppl I know have sprint and like it a lot even thought LTE just now came here bc of that awful deal with Ntelos and Ntelos lack of commitment. So I'm pretty sure I'm gonna make the switch. What's y'all thoughts given that Ntelos is on the way out in the area? My thoughts are that if shentel can do it then this area will have better coverage then Verizon or AT&T.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

In the areas where Shentel is the provider now, it's a top tier carrier.  Unfortunately, it's going to take time after the sale of nTelos to Shentel closes before they can get the nTelos network close to the quality found in their native area. 

If you want to jump on the promotion, then by all means do so, but don't be surprised if you find yourself on 3G a lot for a while.  Others who live in the area will probably chime in as well.  At the moment, it appears that the Sprint LTE rollout in the nTelos region is spotty at best.

- Trip

Seems to be LTE in a lot of areas already. It's slow though. But I don't care. I'm on wifi most of the time. My main concern is make phone calls. And have somewhat consistent signal. Seems like I get fair Verizon coverage everywhere in the city but it's weaker then I remember years ago

So I have a question. How did the nextel buyout work in Ntelos land? There's a crap ton of towers here in Roanoke according to antenna search. Do those still exits and can shentel use them? Or are those true sprint towers that were just switched off and not upgraded due to the contract with Ntelos?

So I have a question. How did the nextel buyout work in Ntelos land? There's a crap ton of towers here in Roanoke according to antenna search. Do those still exits and can shentel use them? Or are those true sprint towers that were just switched off and not upgraded due to the contract with Ntelos?

Most of that data is grossly outdated. Sprint sold off all those towers to private tower companies between 2008-2011. After Nextel was decommissioned, they likely gave most of them back to save on lease paynents. Now Shentel can re-lease these sites from their current owners, where space is available.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk