Alcatel One Touch Pixi 7

Galaxyguy

Sprint will be giving away the Alcatel One Touch Pixi 7 for free to existing customers along with one year free service (1GB/month) starting tomorrow, 11/20/15. Does anyone know for sure if this is a tri-band device? I don't see that info in the specs. I would assume it is, I just want to confirm that before I decide to order it. Mostly free sounds pretty cool for a travel tablet. Just have to pay $10 or $15 per month in the second year depending on which plan you want. 

By the way, Sprint's version has better specs than the wifi version so don't base your opinion off of the wifi only model. I noticed the Sprint version has a quad-core processor (vs dual core) and a bigger battery. 

• Like 1

The coverage map for the Pixi confirms that it does have access to the Sprint Tri-Band LTE network. However, I do not know if it has CA or not. I will have to research that out, but I feel it doesn't have CA.

Sprint will be giving away the Alcatel One Touch Pixi 7 for free to existing customers along with one year free service (1GB/month) starting tomorrow, 11/20/15. Does anyone know for sure if this is a tri-band device? I don't see that info in the specs. I would assume it is, I just want to confirm that before I decide to order it. Mostly free sounds pretty cool for a travel tablet. Just have to pay $10 or $15 per month in the second year depending on which plan you want. 

By the way, Sprint's version has better specs than the wifi version so don't base your opinion off of the wifi only model. I noticed the Sprint version has a quad-core processor (vs dual core) and a bigger battery. 

http://eguides.sprint.com/support/eguides/alcatelonetouchpixi7/index.html#alcatel_onetouch_pixi_7_ug/enhanced_4g_lte.html#_Toc306453180

Sounds like it has B41 support? Not sure though..

The coverage map for the Pixi confirms that it does have access to the Sprint Tri-Band LTE network. However, I do not know if it has CA or not. I will have to research that out, but I feel it doesn't have CA.

I don't have B41 in my area yet anyway, so as long as it has B25/B26 support, it's good for me. B41, with or without CA, would just be a bonus for when I would travel.

Sent from my Note 4

• Like 1

I should get a return period on it so I may just try it and if it doesn't happen to support at least B25/26, I'm sure I can send it back.

Sent from my Note 4

I am sure it will support B25/B26. The question is if it supports B41, really.

I am sure it will support B25/B26. The question is if it supports B41, really.

Like Macinjosh said earlier, it shows B41 on the device specific coverage for it, so it should be B41 compatible. He just wasn't sure about CA.

Sent from my Note 4

Guys, the coverage map selections for most normal devices are usually spot on. The map shows it supports Band 41, so that gives me almost no doubt it does support 41. All tablets released since this year have done so, especially all the LTE only tablets.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6s Plus 128GB using Tapatalk

S4GRU nerds: Here is our Alcatel ONETOUCH Pixi 7: http://alcatelonetouch.com/global-en/products/tablets/pixi_3_7_4g.html#.Vk4MBMoqnX8

It's really based off the Pixi 3, not the original Pixi, and yes, it is Band 41 LTE compatible. I am trying to get the FCC documents up on it so I can see about CA.

Update: Device has Cat 4 UE, so no CA on this tablet.

• Like 4

S4GRU nerds: Here is our Alcatel ONETOUCH Pixi 7: http://alcatelonetouch.com/global-en/products/tablets/pixi_3_7_4g.html#.Vk4MBMoqnX8

It's really based off the Pixi 3, not the original Pixi, and yes, it is Band 41 LTE compatible. I am trying to get the FCC documents up on it so I can see about CA.

Update: Device has Cat 4 UE, so no CA on this tablet.

Josh, once you get the FCC OET authorizations URL, post it in the corresponding staff thread.  Because of this promotion, we probably should do some brief ERP/EIRP analysis on this tablet.

AJ

• Like 1

Josh, once you get the FCC OET authorizations URL, post it in the corresponding staff thread.  Because of this promotion, we probably should do some brief ERP/EIRP analysis on this tablet.

AJ

See the post I quoted in corresponding staff thread.

I just called my local Sprint

store (owned and operated by Shentel). They are not participating with this offer, so I guess I will have to call or order this online tomorrow.

Many times, Shentel does different promotions than Sprint, so this isn't too surprising.

Sent from my Note 4

From the FCC OET authorization filings, my quick assessments are band 25 and band 26, meh, not bad.  Band 41, pretty good.

Band 25: 18-21 dBm
Band 26: 16-17 dBm
Band 41: 24-25 dBm

The band 25 EIRP seems to be tipped up toward the high end of the band -- where the PCS G block is located.  So, that can be a good thing.  The band 41 EIRP is above the 23 dBm threshold that we like to see.  And the horizontal/vertical consistency is some of the best that I can recall.  Only 2-3 dB difference, maximum, between the two.

AJ

• Like 3

When I called this morning, I asked if I could buy a different tablet and still get the one year free service. They wouldn't let me. I was hoping to get the Samsung Tab E instead. So I ended up just getting this Alcatel tablet. I thought shipping was free on all devices, but apparently they don't want to lose money so they charged $12 shipping. They also said they couldn't waive the activation fee, so it's basically $48 for the tablet, which still isn't bad. If anyone else gets the shipping or activation fees waived, let me know. I was hoping to not have to pay them.  

They wont let you switch. I attempted to raise tjis question during the town hall call yesterday. I ended up email marcelos office to ask why we are not doing this. Why not give free service and make $20 a month on an ipad lease rather tha subsidizing a device no one wants. The email i got thanked me for the feedback and that would be submitted for further review. Last time i made a suggestion this same person emailed me that they would look into it and reached out again and asked my opinion on the matter. So there is hope.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

It makes a lot of sense to offer that same service that they were going to giveaway on that tablet on any tablet, if the customer pays for it.  Marcelo...do it!!!

• Like 3

It makes a lot of sense to offer that same service that they were going to giveaway on that tablet on any tablet, if the customer pays for it. Marcelo...do it!!!

They are actually trying to cut cost to this promo. We are not to mention it unless some one bitches. Also it's not a commissionable sale so no point in trying to push it even.

They didnt tell us this until last night.

• Like 2

They are actually trying to cut cost to this promo. We are not to mention it unless some one bitches. Also it's not a commissionable sale so no point in trying to push it even.

They didnt tell us this until last night.

No commission? That's so not fair!

• Like 1

No commission? That's so not fair!

If i have to spend my time selling it out, getting the contractbsigned and setting it up it should be paid. Thats what i think, if they dont want to do that then it should be done through some automated website and mailed to them.

• Like 2

If I decide to get mine, I'll go to the store here in Pahrump and pick it up. They have plenty in stock.

Unfortunately, Shentel owned Sprint stores are not participating in this promotion, so I had to get it shipped. The closest Sprint corporate store is over an hour away.

Sent from my Note 4